Full Sscreen Problem

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Full Sscreen Problem

Unread postby Yojimbo » July 14th, 2008, 1:26 am

Hi i'm trying to get the game to run in full screen on my vista laptop, but i'm having a bit of trouble.
I've read the readme and the "f" shortcut doesn't work to get the game into full screen. If I open up the Japanese version though i can make it full screen by going through the menus, but unfortunately the translated version doesnt have the menus.

If anyone can help me out, i'd be very grateful.

Thanks in Advance
Yojimbo
Yojimbo
Totally hardly posted

Re: Full Sscreen Problem

Unread postby abscess » July 14th, 2008, 1:48 am

Yojimbo wrote:Hi i'm trying to get the game to run in full screen on my vista laptop, but i'm having a bit of trouble.
I've read the readme and the "f" shortcut doesn't work to get the game into full screen. If I open up the Japanese version though i can make it full screen by going through the menus, but unfortunately the translated version doesnt have the menus.

If anyone can help me out, i'd be very grateful.

Thanks in Advance
Yojimbo

Tsukihime readme wrote: Key | Function
------+-------------------------------------------------
0 | Switch between slow, normal and fast text speed
1 | Set text speed to slow
2 | Set text speed to normal
3 | Set text speed to fast
|
h/left| Move the cursor up one option
l/rght| Move the cursor down one option
k/up | Go back one page (log mode)
j/down| Go forward one page (log mode)
|
f | Switch between window mode and fullscreen mode
o | Display each page of text instantly
s | Fast-forward through the game until the key is
| pressed again
CTRL | Fast-forward through the game until the key is
| released, also skipping all transitions
------+-------------------------------------------------

I tried it just now and works perfectly fine with me. Have you tried it?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Yojimbo » July 14th, 2008, 12:08 pm

No thats what i've tried doing and nothing happens. Is there a way to get into the settings to get the game to run in full screen everytime or something? I've tried installing the game on my XP machine as well but the same thing happens.

Maybe is there something i can change in the stdout file to get it running in full screen?

Edit: Managed to get full screen working after an hour of messing around. The way i did it was open up the japense version and set that to full screen. This changes a setting in the envdata file. I just then copied the envdata file from the japense folder to replace the one in the english folder and its working fine now :D
Yojimbo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » July 14th, 2008, 9:28 pm

Yojimbo wrote:No thats what i've tried doing and nothing happens. Is there a way to get into the settings to get the game to run in full screen everytime or something? I've tried installing the game on my XP machine as well but the same thing happens.

Maybe is there something i can change in the stdout file to get it running in full screen?

Edit: Managed to get full screen working after an hour of messing around. The way i did it was open up the japense version and set that to full screen. This changes a setting in the envdata file. I just then copied the envdata file from the japense folder to replace the one in the english folder and its working fine now :D

If you have both the Tsukihime in it's untranslated state and Tsukihime english installed, that MAY be the reason of this trouble. I am in no way sure about it, just a hunch.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Maes » July 14th, 2008, 11:48 pm

If you have both the Tsukihime in it's untranslated state and Tsukihime english installed, that MAY be the reason of this trouble. I am in no way sure about it, just a hunch.

I had the translated and untranslated versions both installed for a while(yay for not reading install instructions, eh?) but never had that problem, so I don't think that's it.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Yojimbo » July 15th, 2008, 3:26 pm

Everything,s working fine now, thanks for the help anyway.
Just for confirmation I can uninstall the untranslated version now then? Does the same apply to Fate/Stay Night as well?
Yojimbo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » July 15th, 2008, 9:38 pm

The English patch works so that you don't have to install the Japanese version of the game, at all. AFAIK, none of the games patched by mirror moon require you to install the original language version - you merely have to point the installer at the game disc (Windom is not counted lol).
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » July 20th, 2008, 1:39 am

I had the same problem with the key shortcuts not working. That being the case, I was just told to get a different ONscripter.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Return to Tsukihime Chat