Tsukihime anime.

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime anime.

Unread postby Superflonic » June 23rd, 2008, 7:52 pm

There I said it.

*hides*
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
User avatar
Superflonic
Crack Desu!
 
Posts: 468
Joined: December 23rd, 2007, 2:32 pm
Location: Netherlands, Nijmegen

Unread postby Yendi » June 23rd, 2008, 8:01 pm

What are you talking about, of course there is there is no Tsukihime anime.

Also, I see in your signature that you have Candlejack writte
User avatar
Yendi
Might just like this board
 
Posts: 30
Joined: May 12th, 2008, 9:06 am

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 23rd, 2008, 8:04 pm

Yendi wrote:What are you talking about, of course there is there is no Tsukihime anime.

Also, I see in your signature that you have Candlejack writte



Well, Superflonic is right. There is an Tsukihime anime.
The problem is that it sucks, well most of it but hey, better than nothing, right?
....
..
.
I wonder what is candlejack...
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: February 7th, 2008, 6:53 pm

Unread postby Message » June 23rd, 2008, 8:41 pm

I think most people don't realize that "There is no Tsukihime anime" is meant to point out that Shingetsutan Tsukihime isn't an anime telling the story of Tsukihime, but merely an anime whose story is loosely based on some events and characters in Tsukihime. They didn't call it "Tsukihime", after all. They called it Shingetsutan Tsukihime. Thus if Shingetsutan Tsukihime is not a Tsukihime anime, an there are not other Whatever Tsukihime animes, then one can only conclude that there is no Tsukihime anime.
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby ayadew » June 23rd, 2008, 8:50 pm

Well, it did have awesome music.
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
User avatar
ayadew
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 601
Joined: December 11th, 2007, 9:25 pm
Location: Sweden

Unread postby Alucard » June 23rd, 2008, 10:45 pm

I bought OST 1 but they were out of OST 2 :(
Eternity is wasted upon the likes of you.
User avatar
Alucard
Addict
 
Posts: 118
Joined: February 18th, 2008, 3:50 am

Unread postby Mkilbride » June 24th, 2008, 1:50 am

I thought about watching it...but never did, after reading about it, I didn't want my imagine of Tsukihime destroyed, even in the slightest, this is why I never watch any anime based off a VN, I feel they rape to much of the story, even before watching the anime, I know it just can't be as good...so yeah. I spare myself.
User avatar
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 686
Joined: May 20th, 2007, 7:56 pm

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 24th, 2008, 1:55 am

Mkilbride wrote:I thought about watching it...but never did, after reading about it, I didn't want my imagine of Tsukihime destroyed, even in the slightest, this is why I never watch any anime based off a VN, I feel they rape to much of the story, even before watching the anime, I know it just can't be as good...so yeah. I spare myself.


I watched it for the visuals, not for the story.

VN -> Story
Anime -> Cool visuals/fight scenes

(Admittedly, the fight scenes weren't as cool as in Fate/stay night, but neither were they when you compare the fight scenes of the two games [though this is due, in part, to the difference in graphics level/to the artist's talent improving over time/to the fact that F/sn uses a more advanced engine, with better "actions", so to speak, than Tsukihime].)
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 506
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:41 pm
Location: The US

Unread postby Einherjar » June 24th, 2008, 2:13 am

There is no Tsukihime anime.
the word is forbidden!
User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away

Unread postby abscess » June 24th, 2008, 3:28 am

Einherjar wrote:There is no Tsukihime anime.
the word is forbidden!

Mr. Ein, you forgot to add this very important picture:

:lol:
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 24th, 2008, 3:49 am

abscess wrote:
:lol:


Yay for optical illusions! XD
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 506
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:41 pm
Location: The US

Unread postby -[J1N]- » June 24th, 2008, 6:01 am

abscess wrote:


What's this? The still picture is moving!

I believe the music was good, but I didn't really enjoy the art as much. Most things looked good, but to me, the characters seemed a bit 'off'. Well, I AM comparing it to the VN though
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
User avatar
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 548
Joined: September 15th, 2007, 10:29 am
Location: Look outside your window

Unread postby aallx » June 24th, 2008, 8:42 am

Wouldn't it be great if they made Tsukihime into an anime? That would be awesome!
aallx
Posting more than n00bs
 
Posts: 23
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 2:48 am

Unread postby Einherjar » June 24th, 2008, 5:20 pm

abscess wrote:
Einherjar wrote:There is no Tsukihime anime.
the word is forbidden!

Mr. Ein, you forgot to add this very important picture:

:lol:

I was gonna put that on right after, I guess I ultimately forgot.
Oh well, this will do:
User avatar
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: August 26th, 2007, 1:25 am
Location: Away

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 24th, 2008, 9:54 pm

Einherjar wrote:I was gonna put that on right after, I guess I ultimately forgot.
Oh well, this will do:


Image didn't display properly (no direct-linking allowed, I assume); had to copy the link text and browse to the image myself.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 506
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 10:41 pm
Location: The US

Unread postby Gram49 » June 25th, 2008, 5:10 am

Gotta say, i really liked the tsukihime anime....but then again i watched it a year and a half before ever playing the game. After playing the game i realized that it pales in comparison (why couldn't they make it longer than 12 eps?!?) but i still remember enjoying it a lot when i first saw it. So yea, whoever saw it before playing the vn would probably like it more than anyone who saw it after playing the vn.
User avatar
Gram49
Addict
 
Posts: 105
Joined: November 29th, 2007, 2:04 pm
Location: ground zero

Unread postby ayadew » June 25th, 2008, 7:41 am

Gram49 wrote:Gotta say, i really liked the tsukihime anime....but then again i watched it a year and a half before ever playing the game. After playing the game i realized that it pales in comparison (why couldn't they make it longer than 12 eps?!?) but i still remember enjoying it a lot when i first saw it. So yea, whoever saw it before playing the vn would probably like it more than anyone who saw it after playing the vn.


That was my case, and I find it alright. The story really sucks as they obviously tried to get -every- route in, spoil every ending, and just made an incomprehensible mess of it all. I remember not understanding anything of it (so there effectively were no spoilers)
But they captured the gothic feeling of Tsukihime, which I like..
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
User avatar
ayadew
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 601
Joined: December 11th, 2007, 9:25 pm
Location: Sweden

Unread postby abscess » June 25th, 2008, 9:11 am

ayadew wrote:
Gram49 wrote:Gotta say, i really liked the tsukihime anime....but then again i watched it a year and a half before ever playing the game. After playing the game i realized that it pales in comparison (why couldn't they make it longer than 12 eps?!?) but i still remember enjoying it a lot when i first saw it. So yea, whoever saw it before playing the vn would probably like it more than anyone who saw it after playing the vn.


That was my case, and I find it alright. The story really sucks as they obviously tried to get -every- route in, spoil every ending, and just made an incomprehensible mess of it all. I remember not understanding anything of it (so there effectively were no spoilers)
But they captured the gothic feeling of Tsukihime, which I like..


I agree with Gram in that I liked that thing because I saw it first than "playing" the game, but there was this something that told me it was something unfinished or incomplete in a way, so I couldn't REALLY like it, only appreciate it. I agree in that whoever read the VN first would never actually LIKE the fanime (and I say fanime because I consider it a fan-made anime made by a corporation).

I disagree with Ayadew. It didn't try to get every route in and spoil every ending. We don't actually get to see Akiha going all out, just a quick fight that ended rather in a crappy manner. We don't get anything of Kohaku,
we are never told that she was constantly raped by Big-daddy and she was the one that made SHIKI snap making him drink of her blood
. Hisui is almost the same,
since the anime never tells us why she is such a "germophobic" or why she turned into the silent girl when she was a cheerful one when they were kids.
I want to see my maids developed!! :evil: dammit!
*ahem*..... .... Anyway. Satsuki was treated in a better way there.
I mean, she still gets dumped for a dead girl but she didn't turned into a vampire. Which COULD be considered a plus.

We don't get as much info on Ciel so as to say
"Okay~, she WAS Roa, that's why she is so pissed and is immortal-ish, at least until she kills the dude permanently, and somehow likes it in the other hole but... okay, everyone their tastes!"


I could go on, but I don't think I would say anything new. If I did I would do it just for the fun of it, but I don't think anyone would read ANOTHER rant on this subject. Besides, even though I re-watched it recently, I didn't put that much of attention to the story itself but to certain discrepancies, so I can't say much.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Unread postby ayadew » June 25th, 2008, 10:06 am

Don't take my word for such facts abscess, obviously it can't fill all spoilers in such a massive and complex story as Tsukihime. ;)
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
User avatar
ayadew
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 601
Joined: December 11th, 2007, 9:25 pm
Location: Sweden

Unread postby abscess » June 25th, 2008, 10:38 am

ayadew wrote:Don't take my word for such facts abscess, obviously it can't fill all spoilers in such a massive and complex story as Tsukihime. ;)

Yeh, I was actually exaggerating a bit there for the sake of fun. Sorry if I offended you or anything.

Even if it had 20-something chapters, I don't think they could have filled all of the arcs in a perfect way. They COULD have tried to develop all the characters properly though (MY MAIDS!!!! DAMMIT!!).
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
User avatar
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: April 25th, 2008, 10:08 am
Location: Parmistan lol

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest