Tsukihime anime.

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 25th, 2008, 12:38 pm

abscess wrote:Even if it had 20-something chapters, I don't think they could have filled all of the arcs in a perfect way. They COULD have tried to develop all the characters properly though (MY MAIDS!!!! DAMMIT!!).

Which is why I want to see a redone, 24-or-so-episode Tsukihime anime.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Gram49 » June 25th, 2008, 5:30 pm

Cat Megex wrote:
abscess wrote:Even if it had 20-something chapters, I don't think they could have filled all of the arcs in a perfect way. They COULD have tried to develop all the characters properly though (MY MAIDS!!!! DAMMIT!!).

Which is why I want to see a redone, 24-or-so-episode Tsukihime anime.

Yea i 2nd that. They should probably just focus on one route and do a really good job cause there's no way to incorporate all the routes together and have it all make sense considering each heroine has a different story.
Gram49
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » June 25th, 2008, 5:40 pm

Visual Novels cannot be made into Animes, good ones, I mean. It just can't compare. It's like, you ever seen a movie based off a book? It's just not the same, that's basically what we have here.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby YuenSan » June 25th, 2008, 7:49 pm

I thought Shuffle! was made somewut ok. Myself; Yourself too. Do I dare mention School days with the boat crap? lol. Dunno if Higurashi is classified as a VN though but that was a good one. I can go on...
YuenSan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 25th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Gram49 wrote:Yea i 2nd that. They should probably just focus on one route and do a really good job cause there's no way to incorporate all the routes together and have it all make sense considering each heroine has a different story.

Actually, in my opinion, it would probably work fairly well if they based the anime off of the Tsukihime manga. Its plot is a mix of the game and ("nonexistent") anime plots, with more focus on/development of the secondary characters (i.e. Ciel, Akiha, Hisui, Kohaku) than in the ("nonexistent") anime; I also like how it included bits of stuff that weren't in the actual Tsukihime game, but came from Kagetsu Tohya (like Len on the windowsill in the you-know-which scene in Shiki's room, that one-eyed-guy-whose-name-I-forget; stuff like that). However, doing that might make the anime a bit long....

Mkilbride wrote:Visual Novels cannot can be made into Animes, good ones, I mean, as long as they're done properly.

The F/sn anime was good; not great, but good. Higurashi was great (and I eagerly anticipate the Rei OVA[s] later this year as well as the anime version of Umineko no Naku Koro ni which will eventually be made). As well, the Utawarerumono anime was awesome.

It just can't compare. It's like, you ever seen a movie based off a book? It's just not the same, that's basically what we have here.

You are both correct and incorrect. While it is true that they won't be the same, you can still judge the new work on how good it is. For instance: the LOTR movies, while different from the books, are still quite well done, in my opinion. In fact, the LOTR trilogy is probably my favorite set of fantasy movies, ranking right up there with the Star Wars movies being my favorite science fiction movies.

Another way to look at it is like this: to judge how "good" a movie or anime is compared to the original work, consider not the strict details but rather whether the movie/anime kept the spirit of the work.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 25th, 2008, 10:02 pm

YESSS!! LoTR ROCKS!!!
but now. I think the anime had some good points:
The intro...
The fight with Roa...
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Yendi » June 26th, 2008, 1:45 am

I thought the anime was fine in its own right. If they were to redo or make another series based on Tsukihime, I'd be all in favor of the
Higurashi style alternate universe/interweaving plot
for each heroine's route.
Last edited by Yendi on June 26th, 2008, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yendi
Might just like this board

Unread postby YuenSan » June 26th, 2008, 6:50 am

I agree...imo the anime, like many guilds and groups everywhere around the net, had a more serious Higurashi/Elfen Lied "aroma" to it. (Which is why I wished I made an AMV with those anime earler.)

Maybe if they made a 2nd season like calling it "Tsukihime: Under the Blue Glass Moon" or some crazy name with the kinds of illustrations that Melty Blood had, it prolly fare better.
YuenSan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Len » November 22nd, 2008, 10:03 am

this is my first post and I just kinda saw this thread... A tsukihime anime? No such thing... all I found was a fan made anime wanna bee with MAN faced characters. But it would be great if there will be one. And they should put some Kameo appearances of other characters from other games. Maybe like Saber and Shirou appearing in the background searching for other masters, or something like that.
Len
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby zweiterversuch » November 22nd, 2008, 12:52 pm

Len wrote:this is my first post and I just kinda saw this thread... A tsukihime anime? No such thing... all I found was a fan made anime wanna bee with MAN faced characters. But it would be great if there will be one. And they should put some Kameo appearances of other characters from other games. Maybe like Saber and Shirou appearing in the background searching for other masters, or something like that.

That is true...

Arcuied looked like guy there....
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » November 22nd, 2008, 1:29 pm

I'm surprised no one's commenting on Len's (mirror moon member) archeological find. *sweat*

Arc who? (fails to recognize Shingetsutan Tsukihime's Arcueid Brunestud as Tsukihime's Arcueid Brunestud)
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby NanatsuYa » November 22nd, 2008, 5:28 pm

Saber and Shirou appearing as a cameo would be impossible since:

Fate/Stay Night = Fuyuki City
Tsukihime = Misaki City

And:
"Servants exist only within the context of the Heaven's Feel in Fuyuki".
from TYPE MOON wiki

So Saber can't go there anyways...
"Be sliced by the blades of Summer Snow, fragile thing..." - Nanaya Shiki.
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Len » November 23rd, 2008, 1:35 am

NanatsuYa wrote:Saber and Shirou appearing as a cameo would be impossible since:

Tsukihime = Misaki City

And:
from TYPE MOON wiki

But both those cities are in Japan, and if the Fate crew can't come then maybe the Tsukihime crew can take initiative. Maybe Arcueid can go to Fuyuki in search of Dead Apostles. Nasu should think of a way to connect the worlds together, even if they're just cameos, but it would still be better if it's a whole new story or anime if not... A cat is fine too^^.

@Nanaya Shinya

Shinget what?? I remember the title was Shit hole of a world... you can't have characters for something that doesn't exist.
Len
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 23rd, 2008, 6:04 am

NanatsuYa wrote:Saber and Shirou appearing as a cameo would be impossible since:

Tsukihime = Misaki City

And:
from TYPE MOON wiki

Well the only way the Fate crew and enter Misaki city is if the Grail itself moved into the city. Not only that but the Tsukihime crew as a few years head start on the incidents that happened over the Fate crew. Although there is the slight possilbility of this happening if the sixth grail war takes place and it's the same 8 Servants involved. Also, a certain preist has to still be alive as well.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Len » November 23rd, 2008, 7:01 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:

Tsukihime = Misaki City

And:
from TYPE MOON wiki

Well the only way the Fate crew and enter Misaki city is if the Grail itself moved into the city. Not only that but the Tsukihime crew as a few years head start on the incidents that happened over the Fate crew. Although there is the slight possilbility of this happening if the sixth grail war takes place and it's the same 8 Servants involved. Also, a certain preist has to still be alive as well.

I was thinking, what if Shiki became a servant xD He'd probably be an assasin class. That's possible right? With all the heroic things he has already done. (More heroic than someone being sacrificed for the purpose so that everyone can be angry at somebody)
Len
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby NanatsuYa » November 23rd, 2008, 7:08 am

Satsujinki could turn into a servant, he (is) a freelance Dead Apostle-hunter after all. And he earned himself the nickname of "DEATH" among them as well as people calling him a "god of Death" a number of times.... His special ability of course would be MEoDP (support???)

Hmm... but then we'll have to wait for Tsukihime 2 first...
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Len » November 23rd, 2008, 7:14 am

NanatsuYa wrote:Satsujinki could turn into a servant, he (is) a freelance Dead Apostle-hunter after all. And he earned himself the nickname of "DEATH" among them as well as people calling him a "god of Death" a number of times.... His special ability of course would be MEoDP (support???)

Hmm... but then we'll have to wait for Tsukihime 2 first...

heck! We need to wait for a tsukihime anime first.

Then that would make him a top tier servant right? I can imagine him and Rin being paired :P... Although Chousu No Magan is passive... so I wonder what his noble phantasm be...

*Saber , Rider and Caster find themselves fighting a new entity. It was another servant, wielding only a knife but he was radiating a suffocating aura. Just as the three decided to gang up on him something unexpected happens."

Shiki: "Actiivating Tohno Gland!"

Shirou: "NOOO! You bastard!" *cries and runs away home*

Rin: This is so bizarre... anyway I won... right?
Len
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 23rd, 2008, 7:27 am

I'm now trying to think of it.

Noble Phantasom: Mystic Eyes of Death Perception
Type: Self Used
Eyes that can see the lines and points of an object living or inadamate to be easlily destroyed. The only things he cannot destory with this power are things he cannot cut himself. Those objects are things that are to fast for him to actually cut at all.

As for the other one

Noble Phantasom: The Tohno Gland
Type: Constant
A natrual ability to make women fall in love with him not matter what he does. The up side is they tend to follow him, but the down side is they can be overly posessive. So any female that fights him loses a full rank in all of thier statuses down to D or E rank depending on how well the female fighting him actually likes him. And yes a cat is fine too.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Len » November 23rd, 2008, 8:49 am

As for his costume... I don't think it'd be cool f he was on his Satsujinki outfit, it doesn't really match the abilities of his Tohno Gland, I was thinking of a Kiritsugu look xD

There are so many buffs Shiki has and if he becomes a servant the holy grail's blessing would also strengthen him (as it does with other servants).

Chouso No Magan EX
Nanaya Blood
Servant buffs ( may differ for every servant )
Tohno Gland

Maybe he gets a knife that suits him. Maybe a grimtooth or whatever legendary sounding dagger.

Oh another skill

Chair deciminator
Anti-chair
Description: ability to destroy chairs upon will.
"This chair is an eyesore!" xD
Len
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby NanatsuYa » November 23rd, 2008, 8:54 am

Noble Phantasm: Blood of a Killer (Nanaya Blood)
Type: (support?)
The blood of his ancestors, the Nanayas, awaken within him, raising his fighting abilities: speed, strenght, defence and GARness by one rank. :wink:
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

PreviousNext

Return to Tsukihime Chat