Altrouge Brunestud

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Undream » June 20th, 2008, 7:23 pm

WingZero wrote:

@aallx:
I believe that "young arcueid standing in the garden with a man" would be Roa as the man.

Is Zelretch. Roa met her when she was grown up already, besides she and the magician are talking, if you read the text.
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » June 20th, 2008, 8:56 pm

Roa was a priest of the church, not a magician. In the video Arcueid reffers to the magician as "Zeru", since jap-dudes don't have "l" they usually substitute it with a "ru" or something like that. So Zeru would be Zel, which means that it would be some sort of pet-name of Zelretch, whom is a magician, and in this case THE magician that banged CrimsonMoon.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 20th, 2008, 9:02 pm

abscess wrote:
Roa was a priest of the church, not a magician. In the video Arcueid reffers to the magician as "Zeru", since jap-dudes don't have "l" they usually substitute it with a "ru" or something like that. So Zeru would be Zel, which means that it would be some sort of pet-name of Zelretch, whom is a magician, and in this case THE magician that banged CrimsonMoon.

...Considering this is the Nasuverse we're talking about, you might want to use a different word from the word you used to mean "defeated/destroyed".
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Shirosaki » June 20th, 2008, 10:58 pm

Cat Megex wrote:
abscess wrote:

...Considering this is the Nasuverse we're talking about, you might want to use a different word from the word you used to mean "defeated/destroyed".

Well considering the Nasuverse ANYTHING can be made possible :shock: , he is right because i don't think Zel would feed her a rose of blood :? , Also this is seen from a "stalker" point of view remember ;.;
Shirosaki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby WingZero » June 20th, 2008, 11:07 pm

Yeah disregard what I said earlier. It is Zelretch. I was thinking something else (should've checked the prologue again when I posted)
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mazyrian » June 21st, 2008, 7:46 pm

Anout the pdf: search in google for ("kagetsu tohya" "english patch" v0.1) and you should have a page in portuguese with some downloads; the Kagetsu Tohya patch from there has some pdfs, including Prologue
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby aallx » June 22nd, 2008, 3:25 am

Mazyrian wrote:Anout the pdf: search in google for ("kagetsu tohya" "english patch" v0.1) and you should have a page in portuguese with some downloads; the Kagetsu Tohya patch from there has some pdfs, including Prologue

Nice, very nice. This is exactly what I was looking for. It even has the translation of Nasu's talk page on the Plus Period.
aallx
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby thisoneguy » October 3rd, 2008, 7:56 am

as proven by the case in Fate Stay Night, "king" doesn't really have any clear implications on sex in the Nasuverse

I dont think that necessarily prove that the term "king" doesn't have any gender implications in the Nasuverse. Sabar is a special case, for some reason (Merlin's magic perhaps?) everyone in her time thinks that shes a guy so they call her king. During the events of the game, she has already been too well established as "King Arthur," in that fictional world and the real world, that they still refer to her as king. Of course, i'm not saying that king has to refer to a guy, it is just a word after all.

Anyways, what is that "baby" that was mentioned in the prologue that apparently poses a threat to the planet? The first human? What is considered "human" along the evolutionary line though, since change is so subtle from one generation to the next.
thisoneguy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby animefanrk2k » October 4th, 2008, 9:35 pm

thisoneguy wrote:
I dont think that necessarily prove that the term "king" doesn't have any gender implications in the Nasuverse. Sabar is a special case, for some reason (Merlin's magic perhaps?) everyone in her time thinks that shes a guy so they call her king. During the events of the game, she has already been too well established as "King Arthur," in that fictional world and the real world, that they still refer to her as king. Of course, i'm not saying that king has to refer to a guy, it is just a word after all.

F/S Night spoiler-ish:
Actually, if you play through Fate/Stay Night, the fact that Saber was King Arthur had very little to do with Merlin's magic. In all honesty, the people needed a person to fulfill the role of "king" and Saber did just that. The people did not care who or even what gender the king was, so long as the king acted out the role of king. People may have despised her for being as such, but so long as she acted out the role of king and achieved the credentials to be considered king, then no one could defy her, no matter what age, gender, size, etc, the king was.

About the baby...
It could be either humans or the fact that Arcueid could eventually become the next Crimson Moon or something. I haven't read the prologue yet so I'm not sure.

On another note, I believe it was at least noted somewhere on what Altrouge looked like, though I do not remember where.
animefanrk2k
Addict

Unread postby kensain » October 11th, 2008, 7:29 am

No official art of Altrouge has been released. Most of the fanmade doujin appearances have her looking pretty similar which is...odd.

Anyway, how do you pronounce her name?
As "Alt-row-gay" ?
or "alt-rouge" (as in Mulan Rouge) ?

EDIT: Speaking of the plus period, is there any translation for it/character material/fate side material ?
Last edited by kensain on October 11th, 2008, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The one who desires only perfection. Repeat.
The one who sees only flaws. Repeat.
The one who is unable to see alternative. Repeat.
The one who sees the unattainable perfection. Repeat.
The one who is blind. Relinquish.
kensain
Addict

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 11th, 2008, 7:34 am

animefanrk2k wrote:On another note, I believe it was at least noted somewhere on what Altrouge looked like, though I do not remember where.

(Don't know If we call Wikipedia a reliable source but anyway): "No. 9 - Altrouge Brunestud
The Princess of the Dead Apostles, born from a mix between a True Ancestor and a Dead Apostle. The leader of one of the two main factions among the Apostles and the only other being who could manifest Millennium Castle and earn the title of Brunestud. Though her appearance is described as that of a fourteen-year-old girl, she supposedly has a stronger second form."
"Be sliced by the blades of Summer Snow, fragile thing..." - Nanaya Shiki.
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby AlextheLazy » November 9th, 2008, 3:08 am

this maybe a stupid question but wasn't she the one who cut Arcueid's hair?
AlextheLazy
Might just like this board

Unread postby AvatarofRage » November 9th, 2008, 7:31 am

Yeah. Altrouge and Arcueid fought once, Altrouge won and took most of her hair as a trophy.
Crack Addic!

Unread postby NanatsuYa » November 9th, 2008, 8:40 am

AvatarofRage wrote:Yeah. Altrouge and Arcueid fought once, Altrouge won and took most of her hair as a trophy.

It'd be nice if she grew her hair out again in (the still unconfirmed) Tsukihime 2.

What is funny with that too is that sure, she defeated Arcueid, and took her hair as her trophy. But at the same time, she supposedly lost to Roa's first reincarnation, wich then later on was killed by Aruceid. So somehow, someone of them must've been lucky (either Arcueid, IF she was weaker than Altrouge, or Altrouge IF she was weaker than Arc).
"Be sliced by the blades of Summer Snow, fragile thing..." - Nanaya Shiki.
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Undream » November 9th, 2008, 4:48 pm

NanatsuYa wrote:
AvatarofRage wrote:Yeah. Altrouge and Arcueid fought once, Altrouge won and took most of her hair as a trophy.

It'd be nice if she grew her hair out again in (the still unconfirmed) Tsukihime 2.

What is funny with that too is that sure, she defeated Arcueid, and took her hair as her trophy. But at the same time, she supposedly lost to Roa's first reincarnation, wich then later on was killed by Aruceid. So somehow, someone of them must've been lucky (either Arcueid, IF she was weaker than Altrouge, or Altrouge IF she was weaker than Arc).

Well, suppose it happens like this:

- Altrouge battles Ro, gets killed but doesnt die ;)
- Arcueid awakes (or is awakened) from her sleep
- Arcueid kills Roa first reincarnation, but is severely weakened
- Enters Altrouge in opportunistic-mode , trashing Arcueid even more (since they are enemies). She then proceeds to take her hair as some kind of fetish
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » November 9th, 2008, 6:15 pm

Undream wrote:
NanatsuYa wrote:

Well, suppose it happens like this:

- Altrouge battles Ro, gets killed but doesnt die ;)
- Arcueid awakes (or is awakened) from her sleep
- Arcueid kills Roa first reincarnation, but is severely weakened
- Enters Altrouge in opportunistic-mode , trashing Arcueid even more (since they are enemies). She then proceeds to take her hair as some kind of fetish

HMmm...interesting theory...
It could be possible considerating their situations and past...hmmm... but I think we are never going to know it.

Is it Hair-fetish or "Onee-sama fetish"? ....Another question without answer.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby AvatarofRage » November 10th, 2008, 7:52 am

A part of that might depend on whether Altrouge was 'born' a True Ancestor/Dead Apostle hybrid, or whether she became such a way later in life. If the latter is true, its likley that the change altered her strength, although whether it increased or decreased is anyone's guess.
There's also the fact that Roa's first incarnation was strongest of all of them,
Crack Addic!

Previous

Return to Tsukihime Chat