Tsukihime's real ending...

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime's real ending...

Unread postby aallx » May 18th, 2008, 2:58 am

*May contain spoilers*

Just curious, Kagetsu Tohya is the direct sequel to Tsukihime is it? I haven't really played Kagetsu Tohya yet besides the very first day, but curiously enough, Arcueid is there right on the first day. As I've said, I haven't played the game far enough yet, so I really shouldn't make a concrete conclusion, but based on the fact that Arcueid is there, with having a seemingly close relationship to Shiki, then wouldn't Tsukihime's real ending be either Arcueid's or Ciel's "good" ending leaning more to Arcueid's? Because all the other endings either has Arcueid leaving, while the far side route doesn't show her at all (maybe her back).

Well, is Arcueid's good ending really Tsukihime's real ending?
aallx
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Miraploy » May 18th, 2008, 3:26 am

Nope. Tsukihime was a sequel of sorts, but it's not Tsukihime 2. It's one big fundisk and sidestory compliation.

Basically, no. I think it's generally accepted that Arc's true ending was the 'true ending', but we won't know for certain until there is an actual Tsukihime 2. Hope that helps.
Miraploy
Crack Addic!

Unread postby aallx » May 18th, 2008, 3:36 am

I see... so basically, what you are saying is that Kagetsu Tohya is canon while the same time it is not? So I should assume that is a parallel universe kind of thingy? Or maybe it's all just a dream sequence or something?
aallx
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Undream » May 18th, 2008, 4:44 am

I have read so many topics like this...
Er...it probably follows arcueid good ending..though if my memory doesnt fails me, they refer to kohaku as nanaya there..
(does kohaku even appear in KT? XD)
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » May 18th, 2008, 7:49 am

It is a sequel of sorts, but it's more like a sidestory. As far as I know there is no canonical sequel to Tsuihime. Here come spoilers:
As has already been said, it is more that probably that it's based on either Arcueid's or Ciel's at the BEGGINING, but as you progress within the main story, there are several nods to other endings. One that I remember the most is during the sports festival. During that event Akiha takes part in them. In other parts, when you decide to go to school you can decide to wait for Akiha to be ready so you can go together. The last one is the cultural festival. In one of the choices you can go check out the fresh men's floor and visit Akiha's classroom stuff, that's right, Akiha's classroom. The only way in which Akiha decides to go to the same school as Shiki does is during her own route, none other.

Kohaku, if I remember correctly, is only reffered to as Nanaya during one of the stories of "Ten Nights of Dreams" (or whatever they are called, I'm not sure) which was written by other person, not Nasu. That happens with the story of "Hisui's Inversion Impulse" (I don't know if that is the right name either) and other one that I don't remember. The last one that is not part of the Ten Dreams is one that is located in one of the picture gallerys that opens up after you get all the CGs (or the majority, I don't remember) in which Shiki and SHIKI talk about their past and some other stuff.

It serves as a continuation too for Akiha's True Ending in one of the stories that were written by Nasu.

Taking that into account, and a lot of other reasons that I don't even mention, you can't take this as a serious sequel. I take it more like a "what if", the same situation is applied to melty. Personally, I currently can't consider any of the endings as complete canon. I did it and failed when I was pointed that I was wrong.

aalx wrote:I see... so basically, what you are saying is that Kagetsu Tohya is canon while the same time it is not? So I should assume that is a parallel universe kind of thingy? Or maybe it's all just a dream sequence or something?

Well, in short, yeah.

Undream wrote:(does kohaku even appear in KT? XD)

Yeh, she does.
Remember that she plays a somewhat important role in getting the CGs, since with her you get the three pictures (I heard they were three, only got two myself) out of the locked box (the one that oyu need two different keys) and when you fall to the basement and she drugs you and perhaps even rapes you, who knows! One event where she shows but not in CG is when Shiki is thought to be a sexual harrasser because he grabbed one of Hisui's boobs and was to dumb-struk to even get the hand off! hahahha! I was laughing like an idiot during all the event!! For me, it's one of the funniest parts of KT, that and the event with the "Cat Demon" that ends up being Arc with a weird fur-suit.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby aallx » May 18th, 2008, 8:13 am

Damn, and I was hoping that Arcueid would finally get some happiness.
aallx
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Shirou » May 18th, 2008, 4:54 pm

If any of you would have played the game, you would realize that it does not have ANY hint of what route really follows. And that everything that happens there is a dreamworld created by Len, even the prologue. The only thing for sure is that nobody is dead,except sacchin. Len creates the dreams mixing other people consciousnesses and dreams, how the characters acts and what happens is pretty much the real thing. Sacchin is dead so she does not have a consciousness, thus is not in the dreamworld. isn't it sad?
Shirou
Might just like this board

Unread postby aallx » May 18th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Then you can dismiss most of the far side endings as a prequel to Kagetsu Tohya. I cannot speak for Kohaku's ending since I haven't finished that part yet, but...

In Akiha's "true" ending, Shiki is dead, while in the "normal" ending, her consciousness has dissappeared. In Hisui's case, her "true" ending kills off both Kohaku and Akiha. Her "good" ending may possibly be a prequel, but Kohaku isn't Kohaku anymore in this case.

So it all comes down to the endings where everyone is alive and still has a sane mind, and that would be the near side route, correct?
aallx
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Miraploy » May 18th, 2008, 6:15 pm

Not neccessarily, I would just finish Tsukihime/KT first before coming onto the board and reading the threads. There are a lot of spoilers here.

You'll find out the answer anyway when you play it, why ask in advance.
Miraploy
Crack Addic!

Unread postby aallx » May 18th, 2008, 6:21 pm

I don't neccessarily want to spoil myself or anything, and most of the replies aren't really revelations of sorts (except those in spoiler tags, but I don't read those).

I'm not really prying into Kagetsu Tohya itself. I'm simply curious as to what may possibly be the "real" ending of Tsukihime. Now if we consider Kagetsu Tohya as a true, canonical sequel to Tsukihime, then simply by deduction, we can narrow down the possible candidates as Tsukihime's "real" ending.
aallx
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby chasmirror » May 18th, 2008, 6:51 pm

aallx wrote:
In Akiha's "true" ending, Shiki is dead, while in the "normal" ending, her consciousness has dissappeared. In Hisui's case, her "true" ending kills off both Kohaku and Akiha. Her "good" ending may possibly be a prequel, but Kohaku isn't Kohaku anymore in this case.

Actually......
In Akiha's True Ending, Shiki is not dead. First he is believed to have died, but Akiha states that she can still feel her connection with him and that he is alive. One of the Kagetsu Tohya's side story explains what happens after that.
chasmirror
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Miraploy » May 18th, 2008, 7:10 pm

aallx wrote:I don't neccessarily want to spoil myself or anything, and most of the replies aren't really revelations of sorts (except those in spoiler tags, but I don't read those).

I'm not really prying into Kagetsu Tohya itself. I'm simply curious as to what may possibly be the "real" ending of Tsukihime. Now if we consider Kagetsu Tohya as a true, canonical sequel to Tsukihime, then simply by deduction, we can narrow down the possible candidates as Tsukihime's "real" ending.

Right, but it's not the true canonical sequel.

I hope there they announce one soon, but at the earliest we won't hear of it till 2009.
Miraploy
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » May 19th, 2008, 3:03 am

aallx wrote:I don't neccessarily want to spoil myself or anything, and most of the replies aren't really revelations of sorts (except those in spoiler tags, but I don't read those).

As I stated before, if we consider KT to be canonical, which is not, the only endings that could be considered canonical are Arcueid's or Ciel's Good Ending, since in those are the only ones where Len shows up (the dream familiar that makes Shiki have a wet dream) and Arc and Ciel stay.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Shirosaki » May 19th, 2008, 3:09 am

okay just to clarify for some people...

1)
That was all a dreamworld so canon or not bottom line is that IT NEVER HAPPENED so thats that there....

2) The Tsukihime remake is slated for 2010-12 and with translations you wont be reading anything until 2011 so yeah nobody start praying not to add on the time for MM to consider even doing the project and if TM is using the same engine which may affect translation status, btw this is official information for those who can't read the TM website announcements....
Shirosaki
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Miraploy » May 19th, 2008, 3:11 am

Shirosaki wrote:okay just to clarify for some people...

2) The Tsukihime remake is slated for 2010-12 and with translations you wont be reading anything until 2011 so yeah nobody start praying not to add on the time for MM to consider even doing the project and if TM is using the same engine which may affect translation status, btw this is official information for those who can't read the TM website announcements....

Are you kidding me? 2 years for a darn remake. :cry: I thought it would be out by 2009 at the latest! NOOO! Blasted prequels, I can't give 2 dip about Aoko and the stupid magicians.
Miraploy
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » May 19th, 2008, 3:15 am

Shirosaki wrote:okay just to clarify for some people...

1)
That was all a dreamworld so canon or not bottom line is that IT NEVER HAPPENED so thats that there....

Yeah... but we were talking on "what if" terms...

Shirosaki wrote:2) The Tsukihime remake is slated for 2010-12 and with translations you wont be reading anything until 2011 so yeah nobody start praying not to add on the time for MM to consider even doing the project and if TM is using the same engine which may affect translation status, btw this is official information for those who can't read the TM website announcements....

Didn't know about the official release date, thanks for the info. Let's just hope that they won't be pushin' the date back...

Miraploy wrote:Are you kidding me? 2 years for a darn remake. :cry: I thought it would be out by 2009 at the latest! NOOO!

Yeah... I wasn't too optimistic to begin with so it doesn't come as much of a shock but... well it ain't no good news either, man... We can just hope they put into the package some really nice shit, like 2 or 3 intros and, if raptor jesus wants it to be, animated endings!

Miraploy wrote:Blasted prequels, I can't give 2 dip about Aoko and the stupid magicians.

Well, they gotta turn on the money-makin' machine, boy. They are part of the game industry and their main goal is getting the cash after all.

I actually am interested in what those "stupid magicians" and Aoko have to say 'bout their story so, as long as they are awesome enough, I'm 'kay with it. Does anyone have their official realase date?

P.S: Is it against the rules to talk about anime fansubs?
abscess

Unread postby thisoneguy » October 3rd, 2008, 3:36 am

I rather have a tsukhime 2 myself but that doesnt mean that a game about "those magicians" wont be good. Just like how many tsukihime fans may have an attachment to it and wants to see a sequel, TM might have an attachment to Mahotsukai no Yoru, since Nasu did write it before he wrote Tsukihime, and may genuinely just want to express its story. Besides, I rather have a good sequel that comes later rather than a bad one that comes now, good ideas take time sometimes. Also, it may not be good idea, financially or not, to release a sequel to a mass that does not know the events of the original game; hopefully the remake will help on that end.

As for the "true end" of tsukihime; some people speculate that the events of the "Talk" side story, which most likely follows Arc's true end, may hold some elements and potential for the true sequel to tsukihime. But this side story may simply be another possible event that follows the original game, such as the side story in KT that happens after Akiha's true end. I personally think Arc's true end have the most material and potential for a good sequel though.
thisoneguy
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 10th, 2008, 10:17 am

I remember something about "Arc's True end was the end of the story of Tsukihime, the story of Shiki Tohno is not yet over."
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby NanatsuYa » October 10th, 2008, 11:39 am

There will be a TH2, at least that's what I've heard/read.
A mysterious man called "Satsujinki" (you-know-who) sets out to find the sleeping Arcueid Brunestud, and gets caught up in the secret war between the Dead Apostles and the Church/Magic Acossiation, which is about to reach it's climax, in a town on the english countryside, Aylesbury.

I don't know if what I heard/read was any reliable information. But it just might be true (at least I hope so).
"Be sliced by the blades of Summer Snow, fragile thing..." - Nanaya Shiki.
NanatsuYa
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » October 10th, 2008, 11:46 am

then I'll change what I said earlier...

"Arc's True end was the end of the story of Tsukihime 1, the story of Shiki Tohno is not yet over."
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat