Tsukihime, Plus+Disc and AIE Bug Reports

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Tsukihime v1.2 Bug Reports

Unread post by Message » May 11th, 2009, 7:15 am

Sepheriel wrote:I tried to play Tsukihime v1.2 and it started like I had no save files. I had fully beaten the entire game before the patch and I installed the patch just to be up to date. But when I loaded it up to play, it was like I had never played the game before, even giving me the warning. I have no idea what would have caused it. I went back into the program folder to find a save file but I couldn't find them. Guess I have to play the game over again?
Holy shit. o__O

That is one HUGE blunder on my part. The installer should be transferring the save files from the installation directory to Application Data, but somehow the installer is trying to transfer Fate/stay night saves... Something must've gone wrong in the code merging. Or I must have been asleep when I coded that part. >__<

What's even worse, the way this is now, it might even destroy your F/sn saves if you're unlucky. I'll post a warning on the site right away, and look into a fix asap. Thanks a bunch for reporting this!

As for your saves, try MyDocs\fate_english_savedata\save??.dat. You might get lucky. orz

Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Ciel » May 11th, 2009, 4:07 pm

i dunno if this bug was in the original or not, but on the title menu press start game>resume game>right click to cancel. you'll be back to the title, but the music won't play anymore. after eclipse ends the title screen's music also doesn't restart.

also that part about moving saves should be optional or something. i thought i had my saves sitting safely in the game's folder which resides on another disk. then one system reinstall later i hear about this, go check and sure enough i find all of them gone, because they got moved somewhere to my documents without me knowing, which was then erased during disk reformat+system reinstall since i never keep anything there.

Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Sepheriel » May 11th, 2009, 5:07 pm

Yeah Message; I checked my Fate/stay night saves but there are no Tsukihime saves in there and I have all of my Fate/stay night saves thank god.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!

Unread post by Message » May 12th, 2009, 7:15 am

Ciel wrote:also that part about moving saves should be optional or something. i thought i had my saves sitting safely in the game's folder which resides on another disk. then one system reinstall later i hear about this, go check and sure enough i find all of them gone, because they got moved somewhere to my documents without me knowing, which was then erased during disk reformat+system reinstall since i never keep anything there.
The reason for moving them to mydocs or AppData is that we cannot assume that the installation directory is writable for the user running the game. The saves transferring was introduced for increased Windows-compliance when we made the installer Vista compatible. User access rights in Windows is a very tricky business, it took some time for us to find the best way to deal with it. For the latest F/sn release we ended up forcing the installation directory to read+write for all users, but that method is ugly for so many reasons I'm not even going to bother naming them. Next version should have a less intrusive policy. Something I saw some random installer from some PC game do, which I'm going to try to copy.

Thanks for the music bug report, I've added it to the checklist. I've gained a lot of ONScripter experience with Fool's Errand, so I hope to be able to add some long wanted features to the next release.

Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Ciel » May 12th, 2009, 4:42 pm

yeah, but i mean it'd be nice if it allowed you to choose. i mean, sure, vista might have problems but that's cause it's vista. i'd rather not have my saves (including the ones i stored away in a subfolder) moved to some other location without even as much as "oh yeah, now i'll move your saves to some place where you can lose them more easily. if you don't want that, copy them back after i'm done."

Unread post by Message » May 13th, 2009, 7:10 am

Good point. The problem is that for an installer to not become entirely annoying, you cannot ask too much input from the user, so it's difficult to properly balance functionality, customizability, and user friendliness. In any case, we should have noted in the readme that the saves location had been changed, that at least we did entirely wrong. Also the saves transferring has proven to be too problematic generally, so I'll have to make it optional either way.

Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread post by Mazyrian » May 13th, 2009, 10:17 pm

That always happens? I mean the saves moving; mine stayed in the game folder, and while there's some funny thing that happens when I load them (that was already reported) they're mostly usable.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."

Quibi
Might just like this board

Unread post by Quibi » May 15th, 2009, 2:05 pm

I've gathered a list of textual errors from v1.1 and v1.2.
I searched the v1.1 errors report thread and some of them weren't reported, so I'm not sure if they were corrected. I'll post them anyway.
Each paragraph has two lines - the first is the original sentence and the second is the textual report.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Quibi on May 20th, 2009, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bishopcruz
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by bishopcruz » May 20th, 2009, 7:05 pm

Didn't see a thread for Plus+Disc 1.2 ... if I missed it, I apoligoze, and please move.

in that one, during the 2nd day conversation with Seo:

"For example, let's say you have this person you really detest. If he's alive, I can only detest. I don't want that. It's unpleasant. So to change into a person that does not detest, I will kill him, the reason for my detest."

Two things, first the person of the paragraph changes from 2nd to 1st after the first sentence. It should likely be all 1st or all second. I'd probably go with second. Also, detest doesn't quite read right. Perhaps changing in hate, instead might work better.

Consider:

"For example, let's say you have this person you really hate. If they're alive, you can only hate them. You don't want that, it's unpleasant. So in order to change into someone who doesn't hate, you kill the object of your hate."

or something similar. (Also I realize that the they is less grammatically correct than a he/him, but it is more natural in conversational English.) Might possibly want to see if there is another word than hate, or maybe mix detest and hate up so one isn't constantly reading the same word over and over.

Duo Vision
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Duo Vision » June 20th, 2009, 3:03 pm

I wish mirror moon will fix the "save" bugs. It's been years since I play Tsukihime.

Unread post by Message » June 20th, 2009, 10:08 pm

Same here... I'll get to it soon though, I have one exam this Tuesday, after that things will quiet down for a few weeks on the school front.

Zearth
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Zearth » June 22nd, 2009, 12:20 am

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Is it normal for the game to crash after the prologue? Is does that every time I try to play it.

Unread post by Message » June 22nd, 2009, 7:22 am

Zearth wrote:Is it normal for the game to crash after the prologue?
No. Please supply the contents of stderr.txt and stdout.txt.

Zearth
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Zearth » June 22nd, 2009, 7:36 am

I feel really embarrassed to ask this, but how do I do that exactly? I barely managed the technical know how to install this game in the first place. I really appreciate the help though.

Unread post by Message » June 23rd, 2009, 5:19 am

Well, it depends on your operating system. If you're on Windows XP or lower, they should be in your installation directory. Go to My Computer, then C:, then Program Files, then Tsukihime (if that's where you installed it to). Then doubleclick the 'stderr.txt' (or maybe just 'stderr', in your case), then select all the text and copy/paste it into here. Same for stdout.txt (or stdout).

If you're on Vista or higher, it'll be somewhat more difficult to find. It should be in your C:\Users\[Your Login Name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Tsukihime. If you can't see any of those directories, try typing the location in manually in the address bar (or enable 'show hidden files' in your folder options).

Zearth
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Zearth » June 24th, 2009, 8:02 am

OK, I'll see what I can do. ^^

I really hope it's not the CD. This game has changed hands A LOT.

Zearth
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Zearth » June 27th, 2009, 3:55 am

That's weird. I can't find those files you mentioned. All I can find is; envdata, gloval.sav, NScrflog, save1, and stdinst.

Unread post by Message » June 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Zearth wrote:That's weird. I can't find those files you mentioned. All I can find is; envdata, gloval.sav, NScrflog, save1, and stdinst.
If you're using a modern ONScripter build instead of the one that came with the translation, they'll be in Docs and Settings\All Users\Application Data\onscripter-en. Otherwise they should be in the same spot as save1.dat.

iceslide
Posting more than n00bs

Unread post by iceslide » July 2nd, 2009, 10:28 pm

Hi, I found this:

"I can't say anything, and I my eyes drift towards Hisui."
Wouldn't it be without the "I"?

It can be found in day 1, the first visit to the Tohno mansion, when we first talk with Akiha.
I'm using v1.2

Ps: Though I'm not a native English speaker, so don't mind me if I'm not correct.

Unread post by Message » July 3rd, 2009, 6:00 am

Thanks, we'll fix it for the next release.