Tsukihime, Plus+Disc and AIE Bug Reports

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Tsukihime and Plus+Disc Bug Reports

Unread postby Message » March 19th, 2010, 5:14 am

Zotov wrote:After having option "Display each page of text instantly" (key 'O') enabled font in game seemingly lost 'antialising' (basicly becoming awful-looking) in the following situations:
- when the full page of text is loaded
- when part of the page is loaded but than backgroung image changed (maid comes/maid goes) than this text is looking ok, but that which loaded after that - horrible.

Thanks for the report, I'll checklist it. Next release will have a very much newer ONScripter build, but I'll test it to make sure the bug is fixed.

(Still haven't gotten around to doing much for Tsukihime, btw... I have maybe 1 hour a day of free time these days, and I'm usually too exhausted to do much at that time. Hopefully I'll get some weekends available soon. ;__; )

Unread postby Zearth » April 11th, 2010, 5:38 am

I recently switched from my old computer with Windows XP to a new one with Windows 7. I reinstalled Tsukihime, and began to fast forward through it to get the endings I had managed. I hadn't gotten them all yet, so I didn't want to use the 100% save.

But midway through the Akiha route, my computer crashed, restarted, and suddenly was all the data I'd re-obtained was missing. I didn't have the disk in at the time since it played through both Arcueid routes fine without it, but I'm not sure if that was the problem or not.

Any idea what happened?
Zearth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » April 11th, 2010, 7:03 am

Zearth wrote:I recently switched from my old computer with Windows XP to a new one with Windows 7. I reinstalled Tsukihime, and began to fast forward through it to get the endings I had managed. I hadn't gotten them all yet, so I didn't want to use the 100% save.

But midway through the Akiha route, my computer crashed, restarted, and suddenly was all the data I'd re-obtained was missing. I didn't have the disk in at the time since it played through both Arcueid routes fine without it, but I'm not sure if that was the problem or not.

Any idea what happened?

The problem should not be related to the CD directly, but it might be caused by the faulty mp3 playback functionality in the old ONScripter. One thing you could try is use a newer build (http://onscripter.denpa.mobi/), or use ogg music instead of mp3. Other than that... Not much I can think of. Could you give me the contents of stderr.txt and stdout.txt in your game directory? (For newer onscripter builds, they'll be in one of the Application Data folders.)

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » April 11th, 2010, 7:28 am

Message wrote:it might be caused by the faulty mp3 playback functionality in the old ONScripter. One thing you could try is...use ogg music instead of mp3.

Also WAV works. If s/he's not very computer savvy (which I'm assuming if MP3 was used), I'd imaging getting audio into WAV would be much easier for Zearth.
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » April 11th, 2010, 7:35 am

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
Message wrote:it might be caused by the faulty mp3 playback functionality in the old ONScripter. One thing you could try is...use ogg music instead of mp3.

Also WAV works. If s/he's not very computer savvy (which I'm assuming if MP3 was used), I'd imaging getting audio into WAV would be much easier for Zearth.

Very true, thanks.

Unread postby Zearth » April 11th, 2010, 7:58 am

Message wrote:The problem should not be related to the CD directly, but it might be caused by the faulty mp3 playback functionality in the old ONScripter. One thing you could try is use a newer build (http://onscripter.denpa.mobi/), or use ogg music instead of mp3. Other than that... Not much I can think of. Could you give me the contents of stderr.txt and stdout.txt in your game directory? (For newer onscripter builds, they'll be in one of the Application Data folders.)

My music files are already .ogg. How do I give you the contents of stderr.txt and stdout.txt?
Zearth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Nintendo Maniac 64 » April 11th, 2010, 8:26 am

I would assume it'd be in your Tsukihime folder. Just upload the txt files to something like MediaFire
Nintendo Maniac 64
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Zearth » April 11th, 2010, 8:49 am

http://www.mediafire.com/?ntgzxnnojfi

Here, is this what you mean?
Zearth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » April 11th, 2010, 4:06 pm

Well you could've just pasted the contents here, but sure. :-)

Judging from the lack of interpreter errors it doesn't seem to be anything script-related. Could be a bug in ONScripter. I suggest you try using a new build. If the problem resurfaces, it'd particularly help if you could give a more specific point where the crash occurs.

Unread postby Zearth » April 11th, 2010, 8:22 pm

I had just finished Arcueid's good and best endings, and I had started Akiha's. And I think the moment it crashed is when I selected "Go to the sitting room and talk with Akiha."

Is that what you mean by a specific point?

And how do I change ONscripter? I'd never even heard of that program before. ^^U
Zearth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » April 12th, 2010, 4:04 am

Zearth wrote:I had just finished Arcueid's good and best endings, and I had started Akiha's. And I think the moment it crashed is when I selected "Go to the sitting room and talk with Akiha."

Is that what you mean by a specific point?

And how do I change ONscripter? I'd never even heard of that program before. ^^U

The version used in our translation is very old. Download the current build at the link I gave above, and throw the contents into your game directory. Then run onscripter-en.exe.

Unread postby Zearth » April 12th, 2010, 4:32 am

I should let it replace everything then?

Also, do I only need to run that onscripter-en.exe once, or every time after, since it turned on the game automatically with the ONscritper logo in the corner?
Zearth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Zearth » April 13th, 2010, 2:55 am

Hmmm... I did what you recommended, but something strange happened. There's a discontinuity between simply activating the game by selecting the "Tsukihime English" program button, and the ONscripter button. One has the Onscripter logo in the corner but the other doesn't.

Which did I update the Onscripter for? Both? Is there a particular one I should use?
Zearth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » April 13th, 2010, 5:21 am

Your start menu shortcut points to tsukihime.exe, so obviously it won't launch onscript-en.exe. You could rename the new exe to tsukihime.exe if you want.

Unread postby Zearth » April 13th, 2010, 5:47 am

Thank you so much for all this help. I'll be sure and try again to get the previous endings and hopefully now everything will be fine.

I hope I wasn't a burden. I really appreciate all of this help.
Zearth
Totally hardly posted

Re: Tsukihime v1.2 Bug Reports

Unread postby ArchDemon » August 8th, 2010, 9:25 am

bishopcruz wrote:Didn't see a thread for Plus+Disc 1.2 ... if I missed it, I apoligoze, and please move.

in that one, during the 2nd day conversation with Seo:

"For example, let's say you have this person you really detest. If he's alive, I can only detest. I don't want that. It's unpleasant. So to change into a person that does not detest, I will kill him, the reason for my detest."

Two things, first the person of the paragraph changes from 2nd to 1st after the first sentence. It should likely be all 1st or all second. I'd probably go with second. Also, detest doesn't quite read right. Perhaps changing in hate, instead might work better.

Consider:

"For example, let's say you have this person you really hate. If they're alive, you can only hate them. You don't want that, it's unpleasant. So in order to change into someone who doesn't hate, you kill the object of your hate."

or something similar. (Also I realize that the they is less grammatically correct than a he/him, but it is more natural in conversational English.) Might possibly want to see if there is another word than hate, or maybe mix detest and hate up so one isn't constantly reading the same word over and over.

Hi there. I'm not sure if you still view these forums, but I'm finally starting to go over the typo and bugs reports for Tsukihime Plus+Disc English. :P
After talking it over with Taka, we've decided to change it as shown below:

For example, let's say you have this person you really hate.
If he's alive, you can only hate.
You don't want that.
It's unpleasant.
So to change into a person who does not hate, you will kill him, the reason for your hate.

I might not browse the forums often, but I do eventually respond to bug and typo reports.
Even if takes me a year or two. :x

~ArchDemon
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby ArchDemon » August 8th, 2010, 4:20 pm

Fixed all of iceslide's reports. Thanks a lot!

~ArchDemon
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Re: Tsukihime, Plus+Disc and AIE Bug Reports

Unread postby Nebaris » November 11th, 2010, 2:02 am

Not sure if this is the best place for this but I seem to be having trouble installing Tsukihime - Alliance of Illusionary Eyes. It works fine for the most part but then it asks you to locate the executable, whereupon it doesn't seem to register anything when I try to find it (I tried to take it to where the .exe file is and it didn't recognise it). Has anybody else had this problem/know of a solution? Would really appreciate it.

Edit - Now that I've changed the files it looks for in the window to all files, the file appears, but when I select it, it says: "the md5 checksum of the selected file does not match. Please select the correct file, then proceed."
Last edited by Nebaris on November 11th, 2010, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nebaris
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Nebaris » November 11th, 2010, 2:13 am

The Tsukihime Plus+ Disc doesn;t seem to be working either.,, I get an error message saying that the cd cannot be found.
Nebaris
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » November 11th, 2010, 6:37 am

Nebaris wrote:Edit - Now that I've changed the files it looks for in the window to all files, the file appears, but when I select it, it says: "the md5 checksum of the selected file does not match. Please select the correct file, then proceed."

You either have an incomplete/corrupted dowload, or you're pointing at the wrong file. You need to download the original Japanese AIE executable from the Evaluation Download Page (linked on our AIE project page).

Nebaris wrote:The Tsukihime Plus+ Disc doesn;t seem to be working either.,, I get an error message saying that the cd cannot be found.

In contrast to AIE, P+D is a commercial game and you need to buy it before you can play our translation.

PreviousNext

Return to Tsukihime Chat