Question on how to get Akiha's true ending...

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Question on how to get Akiha's true ending...

Unread postby HolyArrow » April 16th, 2008, 3:51 am

According to the walkthrough, I either 1. Chase Akiha or 2. ...I can't do it.

Now, the walkthrough is a little confusing to me, since I'm not sure if I choose 1 or 2 to get the new choice of
taking my own life to save Akiha's
. But either way, that choice never appears. I choose one, I get the crappy ending, while choosing 2, I get the Normal ending.

Do I have to play Akiha's entire route over again to get the choice that takes me to the true ending? Because with Arcueid's route, all I had to do was reload my save and choose to "Never forget her" in the epilogue or whatever to get the Good Ending with her.

Did I make some wrong choices? Perhaps the relationship isn't strong enough?
HolyArrow
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby WingZero » April 16th, 2008, 3:56 am

No you didn't do anything wrong nor do you need to restart (if you followed the walkthrough); it's confusing because "I can't do that" appears twice as a choice.

To get the normal ending, you choose "2. I can't do that"

To get the True ending, you choose "1. Chase after Akiha" (as opposed to 2)

and THEN you'll get another choice. At this choice, pick "2. I can't do that" (yes the choice is worded exactly the same as the previous choice)

After that, you should get the final choice of "1. Give Akiha back this life"
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby HolyArrow » April 16th, 2008, 4:02 am

Yeah. That's the odd thing. I tried choosing the first "Chase after Akiha", to where I then get a CG of her standing in a kimono. But I get no second chance to choose "I can't do that" again... I just go on to
kill her
and getting a crappy ending.
HolyArrow
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby HolyArrow » April 16th, 2008, 6:14 am

Nevermind, I got it. I went back and did a few things differently to apparently build up my relationship with Akiha more (like... guessing her room correctly, or something).

I was thrown off because in Ciel-sensei's lesson at the end, she said that Akiha's relationship with me didn't affect which ending I got.
HolyArrow
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby miszou » April 16th, 2008, 10:00 am

it doesn't. The endings are always just choices and do not depend on your relation ship with the girl. You would not reach any end if your relation ship is bad. The first time you get to the end you don't get a choice to which end, the second time you get it. (at least that is what I remembered, I cannot view the flowchart right now as I'm at work, but I'm pretty sure it was this way, plz correct me if wrong :3) it should be like this in (almost) all routes.
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ciel » April 16th, 2008, 12:51 pm

Some routes check your affection points.

Ciel's for example. If you don't have enough points with her then at two parts of the story you'll be killed even if you choose the correct choices.

Hisui's checks for it too.

As for Akiha, it checks for her points too.

Close to the end, after you select:
-listen to SHIKI
-Chase Akiha

it checks if your akiha points are >=9, and if yes you'll get a choice, otherwise you get auto bad end.

(like... guessing her room correctly, or something)

Yeah, this one is kinda important. Guessing it wrong decreases your akiha points.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby miszou » April 17th, 2008, 7:55 am

yeah, all routes check affection points, but non check them to get any of the two endings if there are two. So you can always just choose the other ending if you have received the first one by getting back tot the last given choice and going further again to receive an additional choice. So the checkpoint was not relevant for this question, since he could already reach one ending.

also
You don't need to 'guess'akiha's room, you just need to pay attention to what is said ;) That said, I also forgot her room xD but it is mentioned, no guessing is actually needed :3
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mazyrian » April 17th, 2008, 3:43 pm

Although in some moment it's mentioned wrong
Also, if you don't have enough relationship with Akiha, you can get to the normal ending that doesn't register, but not the real normal and the true (you don't get any choice after 1. Chase Akiha or 2. ...I can't do it)
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Return to Tsukihime Chat