Anime, Manga, and Game + Extra

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Anime, Manga, and Game + Extra

Unread postby Sesshiroth » April 3rd, 2008, 3:25 am

Hey there, I have a few questions regarding the Tsukihime franchise series, mainly the game, the anime, and the manga. I'll try to make this as brief as possible, and I hope that none of my questions have answers which I stupidly missed.

1) Do all 3 of them have endings similar to the anime? The anime's ending made me feel like crap for a few days xD It was too well done almost...but it'd be nice if Arc would actually LIVE somewhere in my opinion :/
2) How does one install the english patch? I downloaded it and on the forums it says that it should have come with a read me, which it did not. It also said that I could click a link to read the read me online, but the link didn't work either.
3) I ordered the game a few days ago, but im worried i made a mistake. I ordered the game, then something else called the PLUS+DISC...im wondering if I made a mistake and the +DISC is just the game with extras...
4) As the title implies, which of the 3 (anime, manga, game) is the best in your opinions? Any detail on why would be most appreciated as well.
5) I heard about a second part to the game...Kagetsu Tohya I believe it was called. Is this also worth buying, and does it also have a translation made by Mirror Moon? I didn't see it on the main site, and curse my blindness if I missed it carelessly.

Well I'm not going to waste any more of your time...if I come up with more questions ill just wait a bit so I don't look like the only fool that needs questions answered. I really would appreciate any info on any of the questions above, or anything else you have to say (you can flame me for asking newbie questions if you want). Thanks much again.
Sesshiroth
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Sobzob » April 3rd, 2008, 4:40 am

1) The Game obviously has an ending similar to the anime as the anime is based on the game. Though, the game is much more detailed. If the anime ending made you feel like crap for a few days, then you'll enter a huge depression by playing the game.
2) You insert your Tsukihime CD, double click the installer and install!
3) That PLUS+DISC is a disc with some extras.
4) The Game. I don't think I have to explain why.
5) Kagetsu Tohya is worth buying, yes. But instead of buying them separate you could try to find someone selling a copy of Tsuki-Bako which includes Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya and the PLUS+DISC. And it have been translated, not by mirror moon though. But by members of beast's lair; http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index.cg ... 120&page=1
Sobzob
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Sesshiroth » April 3rd, 2008, 6:24 am

Sweet, thanks much and sorry about the stupid questions :/ It's just that i've seen many games that have been put to animes and completely changed, and vice versa. I have also seen significant changes from anime to manga...so I had to be sure, sorry if it seemed like I'm stupid (which I am in my own way). And don't get the wrong idea, even though it made me feel like crap i thought it was a great ending...I was amazed by how simply they had ended the story, but the kind of impact it made was tremendous (I'm a sucker for those kind of endings oddly enough :shock: ). Thanks again for your help.
Sesshiroth
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Anon of /jp/ » April 3rd, 2008, 2:29 pm

There is no Tsukihime Anime!
Anon of /jp/
Might just like this board

Unread postby Sesshiroth » April 3rd, 2008, 2:57 pm

Well...there is, actually, but its called SHINGETSUTAN Tsukihime. It's only 12 episodes long though :( While I'm here, does the game have voice acting? I should be getting it in a few days (in theory), so i'm just trying to find out everything I can before then ^^
Sesshiroth
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Anon of /jp/ » April 3rd, 2008, 3:07 pm

There is no Tsukihime Anime, don`t anger Anon!
Anon of /jp/

Unread postby ArthurPepper » April 3rd, 2008, 4:29 pm

Sesshiroth wrote:Well...there is, actually, but its called SHINGETSUTAN Tsukihime. It's only 12 episodes long though :( While I'm here, does the game have voice acting? I should be getting it in a few days (in theory), so i'm just trying to find out everything I can before then ^^

There is no voice acting in the game, and the "There is no Tsukihime anime" is a joke...
"Your head is not elegant, but I will accept it for tonight." - Assasin

"The cake is a lie." - Message

ArthurPepper

Unread postby Sesshiroth » April 3rd, 2008, 6:06 pm

ArthurPepper wrote:
Sesshiroth wrote:Well...there is, actually, but its called SHINGETSUTAN Tsukihime. It's only 12 episodes long though :( While I'm here, does the game have voice acting? I should be getting it in a few days (in theory), so i'm just trying to find out everything I can before then ^^

There is no voice acting in the game, and the "There is no Tsukihime anime" is a joke...

Sorry, I'm not too good at detecting jokes and sarcasm from text. On other terms, someone on another forum said the game was inferior to the show because it didnt have "sufficient CGs, any voice acting, and not too good character drawings. I think is is BS, I don't have to have played the game to know that it can be appreciated even if it doesnt LOOK good. I can't help but be curious to know if any of you guys think that way too, if you don't mind me asking.
Sesshiroth
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Enerccio » April 4th, 2008, 8:02 pm

Enerccio
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sesshiroth » April 4th, 2008, 9:31 pm

Thanks for that, I understand now.
Sesshiroth
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby miszou » April 5th, 2008, 8:46 pm

I think that person from another forum didn't quite understand the 'novel' part of visual novel :P Yeah some are more visual, some a re more novel, but story telling is still the most important thing. Most likely he was just trolling :P

And the anime indeed seems nice when you don't know the game, but after playing the game you'll start disliking the anime story. The manga is more fun to read, since it contains some interesting things and has a better story than the anime in general.
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby chansey » April 5th, 2008, 10:13 pm

It's okay if you feel depressed after watching the anime's ending, Arcueid's 'good ending' will cheer you up! ;)
chansey
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » April 8th, 2008, 1:24 am

ArthurPepper wrote:

What joke?
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Catastrophe » April 8th, 2008, 3:21 am

"lurkmore dot com".....
now i've seen it all :lol:
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sesshiroth » April 10th, 2008, 3:23 am

im still confused shitless by her true ending (lookit me dissapear into the clouuuuuds~~~), but the good ending was quite...happy :/ Kind of blegh compared to the true even though i still dont exactly know wtf happened but oh well. Only one more to go (Kohaku's) then Im going to be looking for another game T_T Anyone know where I can buy that sequel by chance? Forgot what it was called.
Sesshiroth
Posting more than n00bs

Return to Tsukihime Chat