Party at 50%

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Party at 50%

Unread postby Message » January 6th, 2005, 4:12 pm

Just wondering... When is the 50% expected to be reached? I'd like to drop by in the channel and party along. :-)

Unread postby TheXev » January 7th, 2005, 7:31 am

For Melty or Tsukihime (I think your talking about Tsukihime)? Tsukihime should reach 50% pretty soon (I?m thinking we can defiantly make it this month and then some). Insertion has finally begun on Tsukihime as well, take a look at the WIP folder for a whole new batch of screen shots (mind you, since these are WIP screenshots, nothing is final, and some screenshots will have no real value to anyone).
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Message » January 7th, 2005, 11:27 am

Yay! Obviously a lot of work has yet to be done, but it's good news that the insertion is working. At least I do take it you've got a working insertion tool now and you didn't insert these manually, right?

And yes, I was talking about Tsukihime. Chendo promised a big party in the channel when half of the script had been translated. ^_^

Unread postby TheXev » January 8th, 2005, 11:29 pm

Well, at this point we are still inserting manually (but I am using EditPad Pro, so I can see the constraints so I can align text correctly). chendo wanted to make a tool for automatic insertion, but he?s been busy hammering out bugs in our English version of onscripter (this is a link to what it should look like).

The prolog has been inserted; however, it will be difficult to continue until we have this bug resolved with onscripter.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Message » January 9th, 2005, 5:06 pm

Yeah, I noticed that glitch. Here's to hoping you can fix it soon! And I know this isn't really going to speed things up, but Chendo asked for cookies, so...

Unread postby replicated » February 7th, 2005, 1:23 pm

OMG! POCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111oneone

Yeah, we hit 50% a while ago.... gotta work on that auto insert sometime, but school and PS2 just take up quite a bit of my time ;p
replicated
the one who Taka is jealous of

Unread postby TheXev » February 8th, 2005, 3:39 am

chendo wrote:OMG! POCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111oneone

Yeah, we hit 50% a while ago.... gotta work on that auto insert sometime, but school and PS2 just take up quite a bit of my time ;p

Go go Initial D. lol
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Message » June 2nd, 2005, 12:06 pm

I see insani lists Chendo in the HaniHani Demo credits for the '1-Byte Character Patches', does this mean the ONScripter spacing problem is now completely solved? I seem to recall someone mention a long time ago that a word-wrap patch was completed, but I lived under the impression that there still were some other spacing problems to take care of before an automated inserter could be created.

Unread postby gp32 » June 3rd, 2005, 5:15 pm

Message wrote:I see insani lists Chendo in the HaniHani Demo credits for the '1-Byte Character Patches', does this mean the ONScripter spacing problem is now completely solved?

Just a short note on this. We credit Chendo for his 1-byte patches -- which are what allow ONScripter to "see" 1-byte (read: English) characters at all. However, we do not credit him for his word-wrapping patches, because (a) while I'm sure they work for Tsukihime, the wrapping is a bit too conservative in the Hanihani demo (aside: I tested this out in Sanarara as well just to confirm a suspicion I had, and in *that* game, the word wrapping doesn't cut the line short enough), and (b) Hanihani's log mode uses "mid" commands *in specific byte positions*, followed by your standard lsp/vsp, to display the dialog lines in the log.

All this is to say that in the Hanihani demo, we found ourselves forced to hard-code line breaks. This is not Chendo's fault -- it has to do with the fact that even in NScripter, each game implements its line breaks in different places a little bit differently.
gp32
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » June 4th, 2005, 8:02 am

I see, that clears up a lot. I figured the other possibility was that you had manually inserted all linebreaks, I just underestimated your insanity (again). :P

Though that doesn't actually change the question a great deal. Chendo, have you found any time to work on an automated inserter yet? As usual, I just ask out of interest. ^_^

Unread postby Ryuusoul » June 4th, 2005, 5:10 pm

I can't answer for chendo, but insertion has been at a constant rate of zero for a long time...

*stares at TheXev and chendo
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby TheXev » June 5th, 2005, 11:56 pm

I?d gladly get back to work on inserting if my damn job wasn?t eating away 48 hours of my week. We defiantly need a few more people with nscripter experience that would be willing to insert.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Ryuusoul » June 6th, 2005, 2:53 am

I think we need an administrator who doesn't consistently use the word "defiantly" when he should use "definitely".
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby Message » June 7th, 2005, 7:10 am

No wonder he quit the QC team. :lol:

As usual, I'd love to help out if I had even a remote believe I'd actually find some time for it. ?_?

Unread postby TheXev » June 10th, 2005, 6:32 am

Ryuusoul wrote:I think we need an administrator who doesn't consistently use the word "defiantly" when he should use "definitely".

Stinkn? spell checker!
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby johnsgs » June 10th, 2005, 9:18 pm

Hey is there going to be some sort of something now that you guys have hit 100% translation?
johnsgs
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Ryuusoul » June 10th, 2005, 9:41 pm

Yeah. I think I'm going to take a nap.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby johnsgs » June 11th, 2005, 3:57 am

:P

Well, I stopped by the channel and said hi, but if there's ever any somewhat official-ish anything, post it up so those interested can flood your channel, heh.
johnsgs
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby TheXev » June 11th, 2005, 5:26 am

This thread is simply to old. If you wana chat about 100% progress, please move along to this thread!
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Return to Tsukihime Chat