Tsukihime 2. Why is it only a rumor? (Spoilers) ?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime 2. Why is it only a rumor? (Spoilers) ?

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 23rd, 2008, 3:04 am

Well I have thought about it a long time and I just came to the conclusion there isn't going to be a sequel to Tsukihime.
And it is because this three points.

1. It would mean the end or a complete change of story for many characters of melty blood because it take place after Arcuried's good end and the sequel must be after her true end.
for example:
Ren.
Shion.
Wallachia.

2. It isn't rentable: Type-moon biggest success is actually Fate, which is a pure action story (well most of it) but Tsukihime is more a thriller. Even though it has some awesome battles they can't be compared with the ones being held in Fate. So a late sequel of the game would just confuse the new Fate-fans and it would mean bad sales ( even though it would make some Tsuki-fans happy)

3. Nasu is like gainax. Once they have put an end to something there is no one who could change that decision.

It hurts but I AM pretty sure there isn't going to be a Tsukihime 2.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Atriel » February 24th, 2008, 12:20 am

I never really thought i would be seeing Tsukihime 2 anyway... but if one of the reasons would be that they see no profit in it, i'd find it disgusting. (That's just me though)
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 24th, 2008, 1:11 am

Atriel wrote:I never really thought i would be seeing Tsukihime 2 anyway... but if one of the reasons would be that they see no profit in it, i'd find it disgusting. (That's just me though)

Well that is the reason why this topic isn't so popular. Anyone hoped to see Tsuki 2.

And even though it may sound disgusting it is the main reason they don't do it.
The Character stuff could be remaked.
(like:
Shiki finds Ren while he had some urge to see Arc's old room or something like that.)

As I mentioned Fate and Tsuki are two different styles. The only way would be they make a third game in which some Characters of Tsuki are mentionated or a side story like "Talk".
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Message » February 24th, 2008, 8:12 am

zweiterversuch wrote:And even though it may sound disgusting it is the main reason they don't do it.

You don't know that.

Anyway, I never really hoped for a Tsukihime sequel. I do hope that they'll finally put an end to all the Fate/* "never change a winning formula" milking and come up with something new. And of course that they'll start reprinting Tsukihime.

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 24th, 2008, 1:30 pm

Message wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:And even though it may sound disgusting it is the main reason they don't do it.

You don't know that.

Anyway, I never really hoped for a Tsukihime sequel. I do hope that they'll finally put an end to all the Fate/* "never change a winning formula" milking and come up with something new. And of course that they'll start reprinting Tsukihime.

well you are right. I THINK it could be the main reason.
And what do you mean with reprinting?
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Henduluin » February 24th, 2008, 1:51 pm

Tsukihime has been out of print for a long time, which means it's almost impossible to get a hold of, not to mention it's often absurdly expensive.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 24th, 2008, 5:24 pm

Henduluin wrote:Tsukihime has been out of print for a long time, which means it's almost impossible to get a hold of, not to mention it's often absurdly expensive.

Ok. I know Tsuki had been out for a long time but why would it be so expensive? Isn't it like by reprinting fate? (even though it doesn't need to be reprinted)
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Henduluin » February 24th, 2008, 6:25 pm

Simple. No more copies are being made while there's still people who want the get the game. High demand + low (or non-existent in Tsukihime's case) supply = high prices. Basic economics.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » February 26th, 2008, 3:42 am

Tsukihime 2 = an older Shiki running around Europe fighting Dead Apostles, searching for Arcueid by digging into her past, with the help of Solomon, Altrouge, Ciel, Zelretch, etc. High production costs, tons of change in various European scenery a la ef - a tale of the two-.

Ah, hell, I wouldn't care if it had no h-scenes and if it's only a linear storyline. It would be amazing... Well, one can dream.
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atriel » February 26th, 2008, 9:36 pm

^Damn you! Now i want it to be real :cry:
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 27th, 2008, 11:19 pm

but you know.
what would happen with Wallachia.
I mean he is destroyed thenks to Arc's help.
If you say he is still alive "it would be like reviving Nero.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby ayadew » February 28th, 2008, 8:34 am

What are type-moon working on currently anyway? Since most of you don't believe it to be tsuki 2
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 28th, 2008, 9:27 am

ayadew wrote:What are type-moon working on currently anyway? Since most of you don't believe it to be tsuki 2

isn't it FAte zero?
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby miszou » February 28th, 2008, 4:03 pm

ayadew wrote:What are type-moon working on currently anyway? Since most of you don't believe it to be tsuki 2

getting more money from fate -_-;;; [/sarcasme]

I hope a scret new project. But with KnK getting animated (and thus getting popular and thus needing lots of merchandise) and Fate still being milked and DDD being published, there might not be such a project, although, it could be :3 Let's hope ^^

Beowulf Lee wrote:Ah, hell, I wouldn't care if it had no h-scenes and if it's only a linear storyline. It would be amazing... Well, one can dream.

But but .... Altrouge H-scene! :D
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 28th, 2008, 4:26 pm

miszou wrote:

getting more money from fate -_-;;; [/sarcasme]

I hope a scret new project. But with KnK getting animated (and thus getting popular and thus needing lots of merchandise) and Fate still being milked and DDD being published, there might not be such a project, although, it could be :3 Let's hope ^^

Beowulf Lee wrote:Ah, hell, I wouldn't care if it had no h-scenes and if it's only a linear storyline. It would be amazing... Well, one can dream.

But but .... Altrouge H-scene! :D

if Shiki gets Altrouge...aitsu o korosu :evil:
He doesn't let go one, does he?
but what is DDD and KnK?
Devil Day Dry?
King no Kighters?
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Kansho » February 28th, 2008, 4:35 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:but what is DDD and KnK?
Devil Day Dry?
King no Kighters?
DDD = Decoration Disorder Disconnection
KnK (Rakkyo) = Kara no Kyoukai.

Kinoko's series of novels. DDD is still ongoing. About "true" and "false" demons and very nice stuff. Thematically linked to Fate/hollow ataraxia.

Kara no Kyoukai is a kind of Tsukihime prototype, that in the end is a totally different story with different ideas and themes.

And talking about T-M. They said that they wouldn't do anymore Fate/.... "related" projects by themselves, since they are working in a new project. The Fate projects now are made by third-persons, like Nitro+, Capcom... etc...
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Unread postby ayadew » February 28th, 2008, 5:09 pm

miszou wrote:

Well, I do like Fate, since it's part of the same world as Tsukihime..
When they're finished, I would say we'll see a Tsukihime 2, but not for many a year. And I'll probably be content with Kara no Kyoukai, for a while..
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 28th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Kansho wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:but what is DDD and KnK?
Devil Day Dry?
King no Kighters?
DDD = Decoration Disorder Disconnection
KnK (Rakkyo) = Kara no Kyoukai.

Kinoko's series of novels. DDD is still ongoing. About "true" and "false" demons and very nice stuff. Thematically linked to Fate/hollow ataraxia.

Kara no Kyoukai is a kind of Tsukihime prototype, that in the end is a totally different story with different ideas and themes.

And talking about T-M. They said that they wouldn't do anymore Fate/.... "related" projects by themselves, since they are working in a new project. The Fate projects now are made by third-persons, like Nitro+, Capcom... etc...

and who is DDD's main chara?
wait...I will consult wiki

well If they made a sequel for Tsuki and if it is a mixture with the Thriller of Tsuki, the battles of Fate and the Magic something of Utawarerumono, they would hit the pot.
What does Utawarerumono have that Tsuki doesn't?
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby miszou » February 29th, 2008, 10:26 am

Kansho wrote:

Still need to read DDD (got a hardcopy next to me, but I can't read it yet xD). But glad to hear they won't do any more FATE them selves. I'm curious about their new project, we'll just have to see I guess ^^

I still think KnK was the most interestingly written (up till what I've read now). The narrative in FATE is somewhat repeating it self and the characters are less interesting compared to KnK and Tsuki (imho ofcourse! and it doesn't mean FATE was bad at all!) so I hope a next project will be a tat more like KnK or tsuki in regard to story telling.
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kansho » February 29th, 2008, 10:59 am

miszou wrote:I still think KnK was the most interestingly written (up till what I've read now). The narrative in FATE is somewhat repeating it self and the characters are less interesting compared to KnK and Tsuki (imho ofcourse! and it doesn't mean FATE was bad at all!) so I hope a next project will be a tat more like KnK or tsuki in regard to story telling.
I think the reverse of that. For me Fate characters are far complex/interesting thanks to the inner philosofy and internal growth that Tsukihime didn't have (Some Rakkyo characters have it too). But I think that is a matter of tastes.
見せかけの自分はそっと捨ててただありのままで
misekake no jibun ha sotto sutete tada ari no mama de -
Throw away the "fake me" quietly and just be myself.
Kansho
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat