Tsukihime 2. Why is it only a rumor? (Spoilers) ?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Tsukihime 2. Why is it only a rumor? (Spoilers) ?

Unread postby Hyperbeast » March 1st, 2008, 6:51 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:1. It would mean the end or a complete change of story for many characters of melty blood because it take place after Arcuried's good end...

No it doesn't. Kagetsu Tohya was after Arcueid's good end, yes, but Melty Blood was after Satsuki's normal end, as said by Nasu. Of course, that's why there's things that don't make sense in MB, seeing as none of us have seen the Satsuki route.
The only characters that'd be lost are Warachia and Sion, both of which could be re-introduced anyway under different circumstances, along with Len.

Still, TYPE-MOON need to stop with their fan-disc bullshit and make some proper sequels.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Re: Tsukihime 2. Why is it only a rumor? (Spoilers) ?

Unread postby -[J1N]- » March 2nd, 2008, 3:02 am

Hyperbeast wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:Still, TYPE-MOON need to stop with their fan-disc bullshit and make some proper sequels.

There's always the chance that they bothered with a fan-disc BECAUSE there won't be a sequel.

Pretty pessimistic I know =P.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby serialies » March 2nd, 2008, 2:20 pm

>_> melty blood is the sequel to tsukihime no matter how you try to classify it...it just wasnt given the name "Tsukihime 2", whats the big deal?.

doesnt matter if its the sequel for just one cut out route, fact remains is that it continues from where tsukihime ended.
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » March 3rd, 2008, 1:30 am

serialies wrote:>_> melty blood is the sequel to tsukihime no matter how you try to classify it...it just wasnt given the name "Tsukihime 2", whats the big deal?.

doesnt matter if its the sequel for just one cut out route, fact remains is that it continues from where tsukihime ended.

It could be because it's a freaking fighting game.
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread postby serialies » March 3rd, 2008, 4:29 am

since when do sequels have to retain the same genre/style? .//hack overlays many different genres, but all are considered sequels one way or another (G.U anime -> game), and there are others too (eg fate/zero-book being the prequel to f/sn-VN)

the melty blood story is a continuation of an ending of Tsukihime (although its an ending no one but TYPE-MOON know about)
so i dont see how it being a fighting game automatically means it is seperated from tsukihime.
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » March 3rd, 2008, 12:43 pm

serialies wrote:since when do sequels have to retain the same genre/style? .//hack overlays many different genres, but all are considered sequels one way or another (G.U anime -> game), and there are others too (eg fate/zero-book being the prequel to f/sn-VN)

the melty blood story is a continuation of an ending of Tsukihime (although its an ending no one but TYPE-MOON know about)
so i dont see how it being a fighting game automatically means it is seperated from tsukihime.

Wait. Which ending are you guys talking about?
isn't it Arc's good ending?
I mean.It's the only one that could be.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Einherjar » March 3rd, 2008, 1:15 pm

Some people say it's Satsuki's ending, althought it never existed. Nasu claimed it's official, I think.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Hyperbeast » March 3rd, 2008, 2:24 pm

I'll say it again...
Melty Blood is based after "Satsuki's normal ending" as said by Nasu.
Kagetsu Tohya is either based after Arc's good ending or the Satsuki ending (as we don't know what happens).
Seeing as the canon ending to Tsukihime is Arc's true ending, neither can be considered proper sequels, as a proper sequel to Tsukihime would follow Arc's true ending, making the events of KT and MB having not happened.
Hyperbeast
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » March 3rd, 2008, 7:31 pm

serialies wrote:since when do sequels have to retain the same genre/style? .//hack overlays many different genres, but all are considered sequels one way or another (G.U anime -> game), and there are others too (eg fate/zero-book being the prequel to f/sn-VN)

There's a difference between canon and a sequel and we all want a sequel.
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » March 3rd, 2008, 10:42 pm

Beowulf Lee wrote:

There's a difference between canon and a sequel and we all want a sequel.

!!!!!!!!!SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!
but isn't there any Infos about Sacchin's ending?
I have read somewhere something about Sacchin having a Reality Marvel.
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby serialies » March 4th, 2008, 5:57 am

Hyperbeast wrote:Seeing as the canon ending to Tsukihime is Arc's true ending, neither can be considered proper sequels, as a proper sequel to Tsukihime would follow Arc's true ending, making the events of KT and MB having not happened.

All endings are Canon, there is no proper "End" to Tsukihime, except for PERHAPS "Eclipse", KT and MB are also canon events.
Kohaku's ending is just as legitimate as Arc's true end, one isnt any more "canon" than the other.

unless of course Nasu does a retcon

you could want a sequel to Arc's true end, but the Sequel to Tsukihime doesnt automatically mean the sequel to Arc's true end, but again, that is entirely up to Nasu.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » March 4th, 2008, 10:26 pm

serialies wrote:
Hyperbeast wrote:Seeing as the canon ending to Tsukihime is Arc's true ending, neither can be considered proper sequels, as a proper sequel to Tsukihime would follow Arc's true ending, making the events of KT and MB having not happened.

All endings are Canon, there is no proper "End" to Tsukihime, except for PERHAPS "Eclipse", KT and MB are also canon events.
Kohaku's ending is just as legitimate as Arc's true end, one isnt any more "canon" than the other.

unless of course Nasu does a retcon

you could want a sequel to Arc's true end, but the Sequel to Tsukihime doesnt automatically mean the sequel to Arc's true end, but again, that is entirely up to Nasu.

It could be that Nasu makes a sequel but after another Charachters ending like after Ciel's.
Are trying to say that?
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby WingZero » March 4th, 2008, 11:27 pm

It could be that Nasu makes a sequel but after another Charachters ending like after Ciel's.
Are trying to say that?

More like, it already exists, it's called MELTY BLOOD.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » March 4th, 2008, 11:31 pm

WingZero wrote:
Are trying to say that?

More like, it already exists, it's called MELTY BLOOD.

I mean an End I know something about!!
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby WingZero » March 4th, 2008, 11:49 pm

I was answering your question as to what he was trying to get at.

I can't read minds, don't expect me to.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » March 5th, 2008, 2:55 am

WingZero wrote:I was answering your question as to what he was trying to get at.

I can't read minds, don't expect me to.

I know
sorry I was just a little...
but you are right wheter man like it or not MB is Tsuki's sequel ( even though we don't know where it did come from).
but If there were a Tsuki 2 without Shiki...what would you do?
( ok, Shiki is one of the most popular but it is a "what if")
8 inches in a week!

zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby WingZero » March 5th, 2008, 4:19 am

but you are right wheter man like it or not MB is Tsuki's sequel ( even though we don't know where it did come from).

Frenchbread. Scenario by Nasu.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Jinnai » March 7th, 2008, 7:20 pm

Henduluin wrote:Simple. No more copies are being made while there's still people who want the get the game. High demand + low (or non-existent in Tsukihime's case) supply = high prices. Basic economics.
However it's likely they'll update it somehow. After all, why miss all those customers who already have a copy when you can add something new/enhance it? This is a very common strategy for old games. If they reprinted it, which they could, it would be an enhanced version almost certainly.

Probably not computable with Mirror Moon's translation patches either if they reprinted.

EDIT: Actually they might do a reprint to test the market as well. See how popular a Tsukihime title would be in todays market. It's cheaper than making a new game. No need to hire someone to work on plot & dialogue (unless they do a director's cut edition with the stuff they cut out), no need to work on concept art, except for new content (or at least greatly reduce concept artwork, etc. Programmer and some final artists are mostly what you'd need, that is of course unless new paths or stuff were added, and even then they'd require less work.
Jinnai
Might just like this board

Unread postby Raw » March 13th, 2008, 12:52 am

Everything is going down the toilet in this thread, so let's make some points:

1. On MB, Sion does mention that Shiki is Arcueid's lover to the public eye, so that would mean that either it is Arc's True or Good Ending, or Sacchin Whatever Ending (where Shiki should have a very strong relationship with Arc).

2. TYPE-MOON Fandisks are really really good. How much info and background story was delivered to us on Kagetsu Tohya? I mean, come on, Tsukihime does a terrible job at explaining itself.

3. Whatever ending Tsukihime, MB or KT has as canon, it's doesn't interfere with each other, except of course, the endings where a main char dies (Sacchin is just a guest character on MB, since she appeared until MBReACT). For all Nasu's care, Arcueid could have said goodbye only to return back to Shiki some time later.

Note: Akiha's good ending does have a possible solution, as infered to by the side story on Kagetsu Tohya.
Note 2: Maybe Hisui's good ending could be problematic, but hell, they could start calling Kohaku again by her real name.

4. It is possible we see a rerelease or reprint of Tsukihime. TYPE-MOON has done it before with F/SN Realta Nua. They would/maybe just have to make some minor changes (maybe more action scenes, but not too many) to appeal to a wider public. (Yay to Tsukihime on kirikiri and non-midi OST)

5. Stop whining. Or you'll face Nasu's GODHAMMER OF DEATH! (Which name doesn't make any sense)

Anyway, answer questions with goodsense suggestions and quirks, not with mere speculation and ULTIMATE FANDOM.
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby EvilDragon » April 2nd, 2008, 11:54 am

Raw wrote:(Yay to Tsukihime on kirikiri and non-midi OST)

W0rd to this! Actually, it would've been nice to have Tsukihime 2 as a prequel even. The whole thing with 27 apostles and their turmoils and stuff, and with Altrouge somewhere in the picture etc etc. It would be nice :D

But above all I would like to see Melty Blood in anime form :D
EvilDragon
Posting more than n00bs

PreviousNext

Return to Tsukihime Chat