Mirror Moon website out of the air?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Mirror Moon website out of the air?

Unread postby Message » November 11th, 2004, 10:45 am

I can't reach the Mirror Moon site at the moment, the .org redirect seems to work fine but it looks like manga-sketchbook.org is down. :-( Just thought I should report it in case you didn't notice yet.

Unread postby replicated » November 14th, 2004, 3:33 am

Yeah, the server that hosted manga-sketchbook.org was changed, and since we don't use their DNS, we have to change it manually and wait for it to proprogate.
replicated
the one who Taka is jealous of

Unread postby replicated » November 14th, 2004, 3:38 am

Gah. It seems like the server died or something and they used a backup from somewhere in the middle of October.
replicated

Unread postby emperor » November 16th, 2004, 8:35 pm

As long as the CVS tree is (hopefully) still intact this shouldn't be a real throwback. And even if this also got lost, probably one of them still has the CVS tree on his computer...
emperor
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Rahizial » November 17th, 2004, 12:48 am

CVS tree? Whatever that is I hope losing it doesnt mean losing translation work.
Rahizial
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby replicated » November 18th, 2004, 8:43 am

I ain't keeping something like the translation on remote computer... the CVS tree is actually backed up (whenever I feel like it, at least once a week), and the backups are gonna have a new home on my iRiver H340.

Random rant: the H340 rocks. I encoded Mai HiME to play on it... I can still read the subs, even though they're a bit small on a 220x176 screen.
replicated

Unread postby emperor » November 18th, 2004, 10:32 am

So chendo runs the CVS server and does regular backups? So we can conclude that the translation's okay as long as chendo's server (I assume here that only chendo has the right to commit changes or else other people going havoc could cause a bit of data loss as well) is okay. And even if something was to happen to it there are backups. Really this is so very neatly managed that I apologize to have ever have ever believed there was a sligth chance something could've happened to it (though honestly speaking didn't really worry since even a cheap CVS server somewhere may go down but normally temporarly but never lose data). Well the idea of a cvs server itself is already good...
emperor
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby TheXev » November 18th, 2004, 10:37 pm

Even in the worst case scenario, most of us update our snapshot of the CVS translation very often, so between the number of translators, and the number of editors, and myself, I highly doubt we?d suffer a large set back if we did loose the server.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Message » January 4th, 2005, 8:22 am

Just reporting that the Mirror Moon website was out again some time yesterday. Also the forum link at that page hasn't been updated yet. :-)

Unread postby TheXev » January 4th, 2005, 8:59 am

Many of the forum links will be messed up for the next day or so. I plan on fixing them all of correctly when I get back to my home in Pittsburgh later today.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Return to Tsukihime Chat