A sound problem

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

A sound problem

Unread postby Mr. Mono » January 15th, 2008, 1:51 am

Greetings mirror moon, and tsukihime fans.

I recently downloaded the english patch form your site and followed the instructions on how to convert the game?s 10 muic tracks into .ogg format and transfered them into the game folder called CD. Yet, I find my playing experience desperately lacking in any music whatsoever, other than the special effects like the clock and school bell.

I was wondering if you knew what was wrong or if you could offer any advice on how to fix this.

Some information:
Im using Vista.
I have the patch installed in Prgram Files.
I used a program called Power MP3 WMA Converter to change the music files into .ogg fromat.
I already tried playing the game with the files in mp3 and theri cd-da format but there still wasnt any music.

Thanks in advance and apologies is this has been answered recently.
Mr. Mono
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby EvilDragon » April 2nd, 2008, 11:58 am

Don't use Vista :P Tsukihime patch wasn't tested on Vista I think.
EvilDragon
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby AlinSabel » April 3rd, 2008, 6:20 am

Open Windows Explorer. Click 'tools' (you may have to press the 'ALT' button once), then 'Folder Options'. Find 'Hide extensions for known file types', and make sure it is unchecked. Click 'OK'. If the files are now named track01.ogg.ogg, remove the second .ogg, then try Tsukihime again.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Cruso » June 2nd, 2008, 12:31 am

Hello!

I too have experienced some problems with tsukihime's music. I've followed the instruction in the readme file (put the right names to the .ogg tracks, in the right folder) but i still don't hear a sound. I've finished it once(many thanks to mirror moon once again for this great english version), but i didn't have the soundtrack at the time so i don't really know if i have strictly no sounds, or just effects but no music (though i just did a quick test but havn't heard the bells when they were supposed to ring, so i highly suspect that i don't have any sound at all).
Since i'm on linux (last ubuntu version), i use wine to run tsukihime.

I was wondering if this problem was linked to wine itself (if someone already had the same problem). If not, does anybody have a suggestion?
Cruso
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby nobaka » June 2nd, 2008, 1:14 am

EvilDragon wrote:Don't use Vista :P Tsukihime patch wasn't tested on Vista I think.

I can confirm that Tsukihime works perfectly fine on Vista. No problems.
Last edited by nobaka on June 2nd, 2008, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » June 2nd, 2008, 1:46 am

Tsukihime AND Kagetsu Tohya (not translated by MM) DO work in Vista. In fact I played them first in Vista after downgrading to XP. I don't know about that program you are using but I used CDeX (I think that's the one recommended in the readme) to rip it from the CD game. YOu have to make sure you renamed the files as Track01.ogg Track02.ogg etc., etc. 'till Track10.ogg (in Tsukihimes case, in KT is up to Track18). Maybe you did wrong what AlinSabel said and renamed it as Track##.ogg.ogg.

On a side note, if you plan on playing Tsukihime Plus+Disk you have to get AppLocale, at least on XP, I didn't try it when I was with Vista.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 2nd, 2008, 2:21 am

abscess wrote:On a side note, if you plan on playing Tsukihime Plus+Disk you have to get AppLocale, at least on XP, I didn't try it when I was with Vista.

You do need it on Vista, but to be able to install it, you have to run the install executable from a command prompt with elevated access privilages. (Basically, click the Start button, type in "cmd.exe", then right-click the cmd.exe icon that appears in the start menu and click "Run as Administrator". Then, browse to the directory where you have apploc.msi and run it.)
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Phoenician » June 2nd, 2008, 3:11 am

abscess wrote:On a side note, if you plan on playing Tsukihime Plus+Disk you have to get AppLocale, at least on XP, I didn't try it when I was with Vista.

Japanese regional works on xp, don't need applocale
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 2nd, 2008, 3:14 am

Phoenician wrote:

That's if you're fine with everything that uses ASCII/ANSI instead of Unicode being treated as Japanese characters rather than English.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » June 2nd, 2008, 4:00 am

Cat Megex wrote:
Phoenician wrote:

That's if you're fine with everything that uses ASCII/ANSI instead of Unicode being treated as Japanese characters rather than English.

Indeed. I'd rather use AppLocale since, up until now, the only japanese software I use that presents problems is the Plus+Disk.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 2nd, 2008, 4:03 am

abscess wrote:Indeed. I'd rather use AppLocale since, up until now, the only japanese software I use that presents problems is the Plus+Disk.

Same here.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Return to Tsukihime Chat