kagetsu tohya music

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

kagetsu tohya music

Unread postby onizukaeikichi » December 30th, 2007, 1:40 pm

i got the music ripped the same way i did with tsukihime via cdex. I renamed them to trackxx, not trackxx.ogg. The music works but at some parts, the music changes from a slow and nice one to a rather fast one like the fighting one just for one line or so in game. After that line, it returns back to the slow music again. I press enter-enter quick so the fast music didnt last long (1sec or so), if i had let the line slowly type itself up, the fast music would have lasted longer. When i listen to the music directly via foobar-audio player, its fine. Is it intentional for the sudden change in music? i thought i might have done something wrong.

this is my cd folder, total size for all the tracks is 38mb or so
onizukaeikichi
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Maes » December 30th, 2007, 2:03 pm

Hard to tell if it's intentional without knowing what the text was at the time. It's been a bit since I played through "a day" so I don't really remember much regarding the music, but if the tracks are named properly it sounds like it is intentional.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby onizukaeikichi » December 30th, 2007, 2:18 pm

ok.. btw did i name the tracks correct?

hmm, its like shiki is looking at the sky then thinks, think think, then i reach a line, ok not a line, a paragraph (2-3 lines), the music changes to another track, then to the previous one when i reach the other paragraph. I have just started playing so i am at the 1st one day. I doesnt happen often but i encounter it everytime i 'repeat again' and its at the same spot. At first i thought i ripped wrongly or wat then i tested all the tracks and they all sound normal to me, no sudden change of tracks or the track was ripped incompletely.
onizukaeikichi
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby -[J1N]- » December 31st, 2007, 12:32 am

My music for KT works that way as well. I just played through my music as well, and apparently my comp didn't rip the music accurately, as 1 second of the next track has been cut into it, so that the next track is also missing 1 second. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby onizukaeikichi » December 31st, 2007, 6:46 am

hmm if yours works the same way as mine, maybe its intentional :roll: ... all the tracks are fine, Jin what program did you use to rip/convert?
onizukaeikichi
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby -[J1N]- » December 31st, 2007, 12:06 pm

I basically used what the readme for Tsukihime recommended for that game; Exact Audio Copy.

The Tsukihime music appears to work perfectly, so I think it's just a problem with KT.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Henduluin » December 31st, 2007, 12:21 pm

I had to manually copy-paste the wrong parts from one track to another. Took some time but it worked perfectly.
I used an app called Audiocity for this. It's free and easy to understand. I had the basics figured out in a couple of minutes without having used a similar program in my life.

onizukaeikichi's problem sounds like something else however, as my files were bad even in a normal media player. I really suggest converting the files to .ogg as tsukihime and KT seem to hate any other kind of file.
I had a similar problem while trying to get "ONE" to work, which I fixed by converting the BGMs to .ogg...
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby onizukaeikichi » December 31st, 2007, 7:36 pm

-[J1N]-
My tsukihime readme says use cdex, then Extract CD Track(s) to a Compressed
Audio File(meaning convert it to .ogg format) if u you exact copy ( direct rip ) then your music would be in .wav or some old format ?

Henduluin
will try audio city tmr, quite tired now after the new year celebration here.

Maybe someone without any problem with their KT music can rar it and host it via rapidshare or 4shared? If the problem persist then i guess its my comp.
onizukaeikichi
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 1st, 2008, 12:04 am

Hmm, yes, it's true it comes out in .wav format, but I can't really seem to find a reason why that would make it rip incorrectly. I'll try using Audiocity and see how that goes.

Btw, I can't seem to rip the files to any other format besides .wav. Even when i clicked on the .mp3 icon to rip, it still comes out .wav
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby onizukaeikichi » January 1st, 2008, 7:41 am

you have got to follow the instructions in the tsukihime readme fully - setting the stuff in options of cdex etc

Henduluin

converted the bgm? as in track no1?I thought that track cant be ripped, at least for me. All i rip out is track 2 to 18.

no one is willing to upload their music file? Even making it into torrent would be fine.
onizukaeikichi
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 1st, 2008, 8:01 am

There are only tracks 2-18, as track one is just a type 'information' file - it's not a music file. This is similar to Tsukihime's music, in how there is an information file as well.
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Henduluin » January 1st, 2008, 8:38 am

onizukaeikichi wrote:converted the bgm? as in track no1?I thought that track cant be ripped, at least for me. All i rip out is track 2 to 18.

no one is willing to upload their music file? Even making it into torrent would be fine.

No, I meant converting them from .mp3 (or whatever you use) to .ogg.

As for uploading the soundtrack, I vaguely recall Message saying we're not supposed to do that here.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby onizukaeikichi » January 1st, 2008, 12:08 pm

how about pm-ing me :roll:

edit:someone uploaded it already

gonna play KT again tonight to see if it happens again.
onizukaeikichi
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » January 1st, 2008, 8:34 pm

onizukaeikichi wrote:edit:someone uploaded it already

Good for you, but next time don't bother to post it here. The rules clearly state NO warez talk. That would include saying things like "Someone get/got me my warez". Follow the rules or stop posting, please.

Unread postby onizukaeikichi » January 2nd, 2008, 6:47 pm

problem solved 8)

message : sorry bout that, i knew about that rule, just that i still posted it without realizing >.<
onizukaeikichi
Posting more than n00bs

Return to Tsukihime Chat