34%
Menu patch only.
9%
I prefer my games in complete English.
56%

Total votes : 32

Tsukihime Partial Patch?

Unread postby replicated » October 5th, 2004, 10:11 am

Just wondering the people's thoughts on releasing a partial patch for the Tsukihime game. Also, it's to gauge the popularity of this project.

Quick status update: 28% of translations done at the time of this post. Menu editing is around 10%.

Comments on the project would be nice.
replicated
the one who Taka is jealous of

Unread postby johnsgs » October 6th, 2004, 4:57 am

I don't know much about the overall popularity, but I think it's pretty amazing what you guys are doing. There is some progress listed nearly every time I check in on the Mirror-Moon site... it's terrific. You have consistent progress; I really have faith that you'll get it done, maybe even within a year.

Demo? I'd love to see one, but if it takes resources away from the main project progress, it's not worth it. I dunno; seeing those little updates every couple of days on how the project is progressing is totally enough to keep me excited.
johnsgs
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby emperor » October 7th, 2004, 10:34 am

Well I think it would be nice to release a partial patch. However knowing that some people probably are completely unable to read any japanese at all it would surely be reasonable to postpone it until the menu is competely edited. Well I think, it's best to take it easy. If the game was in a releaseable state state already it would surely be nice, however if a partial patch required some extra work I'd say just don't do it. And, most imporantly: Thanks for everything
emperor
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby DragonNeoReborn » October 8th, 2004, 3:21 am

A partial patch would be great, even if its only to show off all the hard work you guys have done.
DragonNeoReborn
Might just like this board

Unread postby replicated » October 11th, 2004, 7:03 am

I don't know much about the overall popularity, but I think it's pretty amazing what you guys are doing. There is some progress listed nearly every time I check in on the Mirror-Moon site... it's terrific. You have consistent progress; I really have faith that you'll get it done, maybe even within a year.

Demo? I'd love to see one, but if it takes resources away from the main project progress, it's not worth it. I dunno; seeing those little updates every couple of days on how the project is progressing is totally enough to keep me excited.

Well, I'm not doing anything much at the moment due to school starting it's fourth term, so I can work on producing a partial patch... but you'll require the original game to be able to use the patch, however.
replicated
the one who Taka is jealous of

Unread postby chessplayer2021 » October 11th, 2004, 12:15 pm

I would love to see an early English patch. I read somewhere that the Melty Blood English patch was put on indefinite hold, so it'd be nice to have something.
chessplayer2021
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby emperor » October 11th, 2004, 7:39 pm

chendo wrote: but you'll require the original game to be able to use the patch, however.

Since it's also necessary for the complete patch this requirement should not be the problem, although getting tsukihime nowadays is huge enough of a problem. So maybe most people who are waiting for the full patch should already have it by now or there will be huge difficulties in getting it...unless somebody can name an online shop that has tsukihime.
emperor
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » October 25th, 2004, 7:02 pm

chendo wrote:Also, it's to gauge the popularity of this project.

The moment I read that, I registered. :-D I am *VERY* much looking forward to the day that you can release a complete translation. Having only recently watched the anime, my eagerness to play the game has even skyrocketed.

I know various others who are eagerly anticipating that big day, so popularity is hardly an issue. The real problem is how many people will actually own a legal copy by the time you're finished... :(

Anyway. Hi, I'm MSG and I love Tsukihime! :-D I voted for a 100%-patch, because I would so totally be screwed if someone hooked me up with a 95% translation - I can only barely understand romanizated Japanese, let alone read kanji.
Personally, I don't think a demo would be that much worth the trouble, I myself probably wouldn't be playing it until I was certain I could finish the game in English. Unless you'd go at it the Insani way and release a full binary of a translated demo - I'm sure it would increase your fanbase by leaps and bounds if people got an actual taste of the blood. I never heard of a demo of Tsukihime, but I suppose creating one yourself *could* be called only partially illegal... ^_^v

Wow, 34.11% complete. You guys are awsome! I'm not sure if I'm more looking forward to seeing Kanon or Tsukihime completed. ;-)

Unread postby TheXev » October 27th, 2004, 4:11 am

As weird as this might seem, I?m actually looking forward to seeing another Kanon patch first, because I played Haeleth?s last release and found the story?s depth to be well beyond what was presented in its anime.

Also, I am well against a prerelease of the patch to non beta testers because of the crap that happened with Melty awhile back (read the news archives if you missed it).
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Lucky » December 2nd, 2004, 5:21 am

The only reason I'd see for a patch is to see if you can make a workable patch (programming-wise). Other then that, it's not a finished job, and as such, it should be limited to the beta testers only imo. But hte desision should rest with you, the crew that is working on the project. After all, don't you respect your work enough to only let it out when you think it's presentable?
I'm also quite certain that should you require additional beta-testers, a simple word on these forums and maybe a few bigger fansubber channels would yield at least a few people with not just lots of will to help, but some actual experience with beta-testing games (such as myself for example).
Lucky
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Enerccio » April 17th, 2008, 5:05 pm

wow this is an old topic...

Message wrote:Anyway. Hi, I'm MSG and I love Tsukihime! :D

lol, were this your first post?
Enerccio
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Qu4Z » April 18th, 2008, 6:00 am

*blinks*
There's some serious necromancy going on here.
Qu4Z
Might just like this board

Unread postby Superflonic » April 18th, 2008, 6:55 am

Enerccio wrote:wow this is an old topic...

Message wrote:Anyway. Hi, I'm MSG and I love Tsukihime! :D

lol, were this your first post?

The beginning of the end...

Just kidding :lol:
Candlejack, I wonder what hap
Superflonic
Crack Desu!

Unread postby DarkRedSky » April 18th, 2008, 9:59 pm

Wow... high level ressurections. This is the first time I've seen this happen.

EDIT: This is 4 year old thread. Wow.
Last edited by DarkRedSky on April 19th, 2008, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ayadew » April 18th, 2008, 10:34 pm

Uuuuh scary, resurrection on this level is infinitely close to sorcery! (or some random nasu bullshit)
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 20th, 2008, 7:39 am

I was ROFL when i saw message post....

Hahahaha... he was so cute back then..... 8)
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Enerccio » April 20th, 2008, 2:10 pm

lolipedofin wrote:I was ROFL when i saw message post....

thus the reason why I dig it up =P
Enerccio
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 20th, 2008, 2:57 pm

Enerccio wrote:
lolipedofin wrote:I was ROFL when i saw message post....

thus the reason why I dig it up =P
\

Great job dude... Great job!!
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Enerccio » April 20th, 2008, 4:46 pm

funny thing is, that I was led here by Google while searching kanon patch, heh
Enerccio
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » April 20th, 2008, 9:33 pm

OOT, but... if you still can't find that kanon patch.... Here's the website i found... they are supposedly continuing from where Haeleth left off...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat