The name of Shiki's knife

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby -[J1N]- » February 11th, 2008, 9:40 am

zweiterversuch wrote:wait... the knife doesn't have any powers?
but I thought it was unbreakable. I mean he has cut even a corridor with it and it didn't broke.
and I thought the Knife was the standart killing weapon of the Nanayas since the knife was aside the stone and the club the first and most basical weapon.

The reason why the knife is not damaged when he cuts large objects is that it's not the knife that's cutting the door, but rather the power of Shiki's eyes. Like Mukuro said, he could use a needle if he wanted to.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 16th, 2008, 10:58 am

-[J1N]- wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:wait... the knife doesn't have any powers?
but I thought it was unbreakable. I mean he has cut even a corridor with it and it didn't broke.
and I thought the Knife was the standart killing weapon of the Nanayas since the knife was aside the stone and the club the first and most basical weapon.

The reason why the knife is not damaged when he cuts large objects is that it's not the knife that's cutting the door, but rather the power of Shiki's eyes. Like Mukuro said, he could use a needle if he wanted to.

If one think about it the best weapon for Shiki would be some kind of claw, wouldn't it?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Mukuro » February 16th, 2008, 11:34 am

I don't know, a claw doesn't sound too accurate if you want to stab a dot or cut a specific line...a knife is just right methinks
Mukuro
Addict

Unread postby serialies » February 16th, 2008, 11:53 am

an ice pick maybe...
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kanzar » February 16th, 2008, 11:57 am

serialies wrote:an ice pick maybe...

I've played too much RO... 'overpowered!!!!!' was the first thing that popped into my head.

But Shiki's ability is pretty OP already. :P
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » February 16th, 2008, 10:35 pm

hmm
his own nails would do it too.I mean long ( not too long) nails so could he cut and stab everything and they wouldn't get broken since to cut the lines doesn't need any knd of presssure.
like the nemesis of Wolverine in X men 2 ( the asian girl)
That would be awesome. :shock:
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Einherjar » February 17th, 2008, 5:45 pm

Hey guys, don't forget that Shiki is very skillful with a knife. In Nanaya mode, his proficiency is godly.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Kanzar » February 17th, 2008, 9:01 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:like the nemesis of Wolverine in X men 2 ( the asian girl)

Deathstryke? Well, I hardly think Shiki's gonna go in for an Adamantium bath any time soon... Ah well, as long as he doesn't suffer the problem Ryougi Shiki does. >_>;;
She broke a nail one time. Think it's because the way they kill is different.
Kanzar
Crack Addic!

Unread postby deathknight » March 12th, 2008, 12:40 am

What about Ryogi Shiki's knife? Is that an heirloom passed down the Ryogi family generation? Or is it that fancy katana she uses that has special powers anf history? It seems Nanaya's knife doesn't have lines of death on it so its pretty unbreakable. But I would think Ryogi's katana could be broken with the death lines on the long blade.
deathknight
Addict

Unread postby Mukuro » March 12th, 2008, 10:02 am

Eh, I think I can remember reading the katana is somewhat special...don't quote me on that though.
Mukuro
Addict

Unread postby Einherjar » March 13th, 2008, 7:03 pm

I think the katana broke. Can't be sure since I didn't read KnK much.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Re:

Unread postby poefighter » August 9th, 2010, 2:53 am

Superflonic wrote:I wonder about it too, does this knife have any specific meaning?

for me knife has it's specific meaning and has it's specific uses..
poefighter
Totally hardly posted

Re:

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » August 9th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Einherjar wrote:I think the katana broke. Can't be sure since I didn't read KnK much.

The katana broke, because it is REALLY old.

Superflonic wrote:I wonder about it too, does this knife have any specific meaning?

Aside from being a keepsake of Shiki's Nanaya family/bloodline, I don't think it has any other meaning.

poefighter wrote:for me knife has it's specific meaning and has it's specific uses..

...thread necromancer

@topic
Nanaya Shiki's knife (Nanaya, or Nanatsu Yoru... depending on how you want to read it) is a switchblade.
In Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, the Templar's Hunter also use Switchblades (they're not OTF like Shiki's though).
An Assassin's Hidden Blade (which is basically an OTF switchblade strapped to one's arm) is fine too...
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Re: The name of Shiki's knife

Unread postby Gumaster » August 13th, 2010, 8:33 am

I wonder if Shiki could just like, throw handfuls of sand everywhere and try to hit someone's point of death with it?

Not...entirely related, but does anyone know what kind of switchblade his knife is, or the dimensions?

Oh and, this is some pretty incredible thread necromancy. Although, this place does seem like a graveyard at times.
Gumaster
Might just like this board

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » August 13th, 2010, 5:34 pm

Gumaster wrote:Not...entirely related, but does anyone know what kind of switchblade his knife is, or the dimensions?

It's a dual action OTF (out the front) switchblade knife without a visible switch. Only visible feature is the engraving on the handle. The blade itself has been replaced by Kohaku though.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Gumaster » August 14th, 2010, 1:37 am

nanaya_shinya wrote:The blade itself has been replaced by Kohaku though.

Wait what, when and where and why? It's a pretty well made knife, so wouldnt it be hard for her to find a blade for it and modify it?
Gumaster
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 14th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Well Kohaku did give it to him in front of the mansion, so there is a good change that she messed with it. I mean the way she was acting was like she did something with it in the first place. Either that or it's an implied sense since this is Kohaku we're speaking of.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Message » August 14th, 2010, 6:14 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Well Kohaku did give it to him in front of the mansion, so there is a good change that she messed with it. I mean the way she was acting was like she did something with it in the first place. Either that or it's an implied sense since this is Kohaku we're speaking of.

As far as I know, common opinion is that Kohaku gave Shiki the knife to 'help' him lose his mind. I've never heard about Kohaku messing with the knife.

In other words: Source plz, or else 'bullshit'.

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » August 14th, 2010, 8:37 pm

I always thought that old man Mikihisa kept the knife for Shiki to use in case of "emergency", and that he adopted Shiki not only because he shares the same name with his own son but also because he needed a Nanaya to handle any member of the Tohno family who inverts, just as he needed Kohaku and Hisui to handle the impulses.

Kohaku just changed the blade of the knife when they (Shiki, Hisui, and Kohaku if I recall correctly) saw that the original blade can't be used anymore. It was just a little maintenance, if you ask me.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Message » August 15th, 2010, 5:57 am

nanaya_shinya wrote:Kohaku just changed the blade of the knife when they (Shiki, Hisui, and Kohaku if I recall correctly) saw that the original blade can't be used anymore. It was just a little maintenance, if you ask me.

But where did you read this? I've never heard of it.

PreviousNext

Return to Tsukihime Chat