help installing translation patch

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

help installing translation patch

Unread postby Jofus » December 4th, 2007, 5:28 am

I have just acquired tsukihime and just finished installing it and downloading the translation from mirrormoon. However how do I apply the patch? Ive installed the patch, but the game still shows up in japanese. How do I get it so the words show up in english and not japanese?

Other than this the game runs perfectly fine. I just cant read it. Although I could always look at the pictures i guess XD

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Jofus
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 6
Joined: December 4th, 2007, 5:25 am
Location: Washington, USA

Unread postby Maes » December 4th, 2007, 7:40 am

Make sure you're trying to launch the right .exe for the english version(i.e. "C:\Program Files\Tsukihime\Tsukihime.exe" and not "C:\Program Files\月姫\月姫.exe") If you did what I did since I don't much like reading about proper procedures, you probably have the japanese and english versions both installed and are simply launching the japanese .exe rather than the .exe for the translated version.
User avatar
Maes
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 524
Joined: August 13th, 2007, 8:37 am
Location: Somewhere out there

Unread postby Message » December 4th, 2007, 9:08 am

Indeed. There is no need to install the Japanese version, our installer will do everything on its own.
User avatar
Message
Master of Bad Puns
 
Posts: 1845
Joined: October 25th, 2004, 6:27 pm
Location: Netherlands

Unread postby Jofus » December 5th, 2007, 12:00 am

well, I have to use both of the versions because the japanese version shows the pictures in the background, whereas the translated version although it is translated, does NOT show the pictures in the background. Its just black. So if I want to play the game and understand it, i have to play both versions at the same time.

I doubt this is supposed to be how it works, so if anyone has any idea as to how to fix this it would be great. It kinda takes away from the fun when you have to click two seperate windows all the time in order to proceed. And the fact that the japanese version one has a problem saving.
Jofus
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 6
Joined: December 4th, 2007, 5:25 am
Location: Washington, USA

Unread postby Jofus » December 5th, 2007, 12:32 am

Maes wrote:Make sure you're trying to launch the right .exe for the english version(i.e. "C:\Program Files\Tsukihime\Tsukihime.exe" and not "C:\Program Files\月姫\月姫.exe") If you did what I did since I don't much like reading about proper procedures, you probably have the japanese and english versions both installed and are simply launching the japanese .exe rather than the .exe for the translated version.


I do have both versions installed, although I thought it was a translation patch and not the game itself.....

However running the C:\Program Files\Tsukihime\Tsukihime.exe there isnt any pictures, so thats lame.

This is my first visual manga so i really dont know whats going on.
Jofus
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 6
Joined: December 4th, 2007, 5:25 am
Location: Washington, USA

Unread postby Maes » December 5th, 2007, 4:23 am

Something is wrong with your english install then. The pictures should be fully visible, the only thing that should require any "effort" is getting the music to work properly if I remember right. I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the english patch, maybe it'll help, not sure.
User avatar
Maes
DESU DESU!
 
Posts: 524
Joined: August 13th, 2007, 8:37 am
Location: Somewhere out there

Unread postby Jofus » December 5th, 2007, 4:56 am

well reinstalling didnt work. Maybe because im downloading using the temporary download, perhaps there is something wrong with that. I do not know why the translation will not show me the pictures, when the original will. Maybe i should try finding anoher translator, perhaps that would help. If you guys know another translation I could try that would be great.

EDIT

The other file you have for download that is a translator, i cant seem to get to work, i go to install it, and then it asks me to locate the CD, but i cant find it.

Also, again there are no pictures. The only time there are pictures is at the main title screen, any of the options menu, and when i choose to select to watch into again, resume game or start new game. If i click resume game there is no picture, starting a game gives me no picture, and watching the intro again doesnt give me any pictures.

I have no clue as to how to fix this. Perhaps if somebody could guide me on how to install the +Plus disc translation that might help.

Also prior to installing the patch, there isnt a tsukihime folder in my program files, i run the game off the CD, only when i install the patch is there a folder in the program files.
Jofus
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 6
Joined: December 4th, 2007, 5:25 am
Location: Washington, USA

Unread postby Blue Gunner » December 5th, 2007, 6:05 am

Jofus wrote:well reinstalling didnt work. Maybe because im downloading using the temporary download, perhaps there is something wrong with that. I do not know why the translation will not show me the pictures, when the original will. Maybe i should try finding anoher translator, perhaps that would help. If you guys know another translation I could try that would be great.


Good luck with that.

Jofus wrote:The other file you have for download that is a translator, i cant seem to get to work, i go to install it, and then it asks me to locate the CD, but i cant find it.

Also, again there are no pictures. The only time there are pictures is at the main title screen, any of the options menu, and when i choose to select to watch into again, resume game or start new game. If i click resume game there is no picture, starting a game gives me no picture, and watching the intro again doesnt give me any pictures.

I have no clue as to how to fix this. Perhaps if somebody could guide me on how to install the +Plus disc translation that might help.

Also prior to installing the patch, there isnt a tsukihime folder in my program files, i run the game off the CD, only when i install the patch is there a folder in the program files.


The reason that you wouldn't be able to install that is because that is for the +Plus disc. Hence, to install it, you need to be using the +Plus disc, which is different to Tsukihime. Seeing as you have both the English and Japanese versions of Tsukihime installed, check that the files that are in the Japanese version are in the English version. You might find yourself missing one...
Improve your vocab and feed people in need: http://www.freerice.com
User avatar
Blue Gunner
Addict
 
Posts: 113
Joined: October 1st, 2006, 3:45 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Unread postby Jofus » December 5th, 2007, 6:24 am

Blue Gunner wrote:
The reason that you wouldn't be able to install that is because that is for the +Plus disc. Hence, to install it, you need to be using the +Plus disc, which is different to Tsukihime. Seeing as you have both the English and Japanese versions of Tsukihime installed, check that the files that are in the Japanese version are in the English version. You might find yourself missing one...


What exactly do you mean? I dont have two folders of tsukihime. I only have one folder, and that shows up when I install the translation. The japanese information is only accesible when I have the CD in. I couldnt install the game on my laptop for some reason.

Here is another person with the EXACT same problem as me when I try and install the game from the CD.
http://www.datorrents.com/forums/proble ... l-problem/

Their a bit from the top and their a group of 4 photos. Their the exact same problem I have installing the game from CD. I have already downloaded the language stuff recomended from others on that thread as well with no luck. When you say I might be missing something, that seems like it might be the case. Maybe im missing a bit of data containing the pictures perhaps?
Jofus
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 6
Joined: December 4th, 2007, 5:25 am
Location: Washington, USA

Unread postby Jofus » December 5th, 2007, 6:26 am

........................................

magically the game works now....

so yeah...

no clue what happened but whatever its fixed i guess....
Jofus
Totally hardly posted
 
Posts: 6
Joined: December 4th, 2007, 5:25 am
Location: Washington, USA


Return to Tsukihime Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests