dead end

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 7th, 2008, 1:08 pm

kensain wrote:And Jin, I'm amazed. If I were to play it like that I'd be bored to tears! :shock:

Haha, well, no BGM is quite fun by itself. Any sort of SFX that pops up scares the heck outta me because there are no other sounds around me. I don't know if you've read in other threads, but the music does tend to get repetitive after a while as well. But I still gotta say it's better though (ahh, how paradoxical of me).
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby kensain » January 7th, 2008, 2:35 pm

-[J1N]- wrote:Haha, well, no BGM is quite fun by itself. Any sort of SFX that pops up scares the heck outta me because there are no other sounds around me. I don't know if you've read in other threads, but the music does tend to get repetitive after a while as well. But I still gotta say it's better though (ahh, how paradoxical of me).

I have a fetish for any classical instrument, so I never really found it annoying. Except for that happy tune that always plays in the Tohno mansion. That deserves to die.
While we're on the subject, what is the name of ending theme? I'd like to cover it, which would be easier if I had a name to find the music sheets to.
The one who desires only perfection. Repeat.
The one who sees only flaws. Repeat.
The one who is unable to see alternative. Repeat.
The one who sees the unattainable perfection. Repeat.
The one who is blind. Relinquish.
kensain
Addict

Unread postby Einherjar » January 7th, 2008, 2:47 pm

The 3 second bgm loop killed me.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Jinnai » January 17th, 2008, 8:48 am

-[J1N]- wrote:
kensain wrote:It doesn't *NEED* a good soundtrack, tsukihime does.

I also gotta say that it's up to personal taste. I (along with many others) have played through the game with no BGM, for various reasons, and I've completed it with great satisfaction.

About the Ciel route, stop picking up other chicks on your journey =P
I've played some games w/o bg music, but i had to have something on. Playing a whole game in silence, which i had done with some of the games i couldn't get BGMs to work right, can get boring.

You do get used to it, but it leaves me feeling something is missing even when i can finish the game.

As for SFX, i have music turned down very low and crank SFX up, especially on games like Tsukihime.
Jinnai
Might just like this board

Unread postby GrimAngel » January 25th, 2008, 6:12 am

-[J1N]- wrote:About the Ciel route, stop picking up other chicks on your journey =P

Jajaja Coudnt said it better than that xD

About the Music, Yeah I also played the game without music at first with no problem at all(I played a lot of Old School H-game with no music), but when I get the AudioCD It was much more interesting in the way I could get more focused in the events.
But if the plot is good enough belive me, you dont really care about the music.
Signature too large, image removed. Try reading the rules next time.
GrimAngel
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AddleBoy » January 25th, 2008, 6:24 am

-[J1N]- wrote:
kensain wrote:

Haha, well, no BGM is quite fun by itself. Any sort of SFX that pops up scares the heck outta me because there are no other sounds around me. I don't know if you've read in other threads, but the music does tend to get repetitive after a while as well. But I still gotta say it's better though (ahh, how paradoxical of me).

I also didn't play it with the music or at least the music that came with the game. When I played Tsukihime, I always listened to the opening theme for Elfen Lied, Lillium. It seemed to fit the tone of the story to me.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Naota » January 25th, 2008, 7:26 pm

-[J1N]- wrote:
kensain wrote:And Jin, I'm amazed. If I were to play it like that I'd be bored to tears! :shock:

Haha, well, no BGM is quite fun by itself. Any sort of SFX that pops up scares the heck outta me because there are no other sounds around me.

That happened to me as well, especially because I was wasn't expecting any sound effects at all. Shiki's bedroom clock drove me absolutely insane, along with a few other sound effects like the incessant heartbeat. Actually, it occurs to me that maybe they were designed to give you a little personal taste of how aggrivating and/or sanity-damaging these sounds are when taken in abundance, just like how they are the characters in the game.

Also, was anyone else nearly scared out of their chair after playing F/SN for the first time after getting used to older games like Tsukihime and seeing the sprites move across the screen/move in or out from background to foreground without warning?
"They marched onwards, fire against earth, bodies piling ever higher for the whims of rival demons, content in their game. The masses never questioned their intent nor knew their masters, serving Hell more than Heaven in their madness. For madness went unchallenged here, and the great machine of many faces, skins, and thoughts continued to turn in silence."
Naota
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Swartt » August 4th, 2008, 2:45 pm

So if im getting this right, I'll have to start over? Since I have exactly the same problem as the person in the first post! (and I tought I took all the choices that favored tha arc route
Sanity is for the weak-minded
Swartt
Addict

Unread postby Inverted » August 5th, 2008, 7:34 am

Yeah, you don't have enough affection points with Arc I think.I personally suggest to use the walkthrough even if you don't
like it as you can reach a bad end anytime in Tsukihime.

On another note am I the only one who didn't mind the Tsukihime BGM. I actually liked some of them :) .*hides*
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Swartt » August 5th, 2008, 4:50 pm

Inverted wrote:Yeah, you don't have enough affection points with Arc I think.I personally suggest to use the walkthrough even if you don't
like it as you can reach a bad end anytime in Tsukihime.

On another note am I the only one who didn't mind the Tsukihime BGM. I actually liked some of them :) .*hides*

I see, well I did start over and I used the wallkthrough, I still can't believe I need a walkthrough to visual novell... phail @ m3
Sanity is for the weak-minded
Swartt
Addict

Unread postby -[J1N]- » August 6th, 2008, 5:33 am

Inverted wrote:On another note am I the only one who didn't mind the Tsukihime BGM. I actually liked some of them :) .*hides*

I managed to get the BGM working with my Tsukihime, but it took quite a lot of getting used to, after you're used to total silence :lol:
Overall I think it was pretty good but tbh, I think the BGM to F/SN was better. The Tsukihime BGM was a good mood setter, but I think it got repetitive after a while (there's really not that many songs after all).
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » August 6th, 2008, 5:39 am

Swartt wrote:I see, well I did start over and I used the wallkthrough, I still can't believe I need a walkthrough to visual novell... phail @ m3

Hmmm... I don't remember using the walkthrough much... I didn't like how it was made. I used from time to time the one that is in the Moonlit World site. There is a link to that page in MM's site, then you go to Tsukihime and from there to the wlakthrough. Pretty easy to find. That is if you don't mind the walkthrough provided with the patch.

Inverted wrote:On another note am I the only one who didn't mind the Tsukihime BGM. I actually liked some of them :) .*hides*

You are not alone, my dear pal! I actually listen from time to time that music when I'm writing! :D

Say... This is a bit off-topic but, is a way of getting the music out of Ever 17 covered in a thread somewhere? I did a quick search and nothing tuned out...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Previous

Return to Tsukihime Chat