dead end

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

dead end

Unread postby pop193 » December 3rd, 2007, 3:38 pm

i have this problem in 9th day while i play tsukihime, its my first route so i didn't use any walktrough.
it so happens that no matter what i do in the 9th day, i will be killed by this weird guy (SHIKI issit?)
even though after i study from "teach me ciel-sensel" that shiki should nvr give up and stay in the classroom, so i went for lunch and managed to make ciel promise that she'll meet shiki in the tea ceremony room after school. But for some reason, shiki still died. Why so?? I think im following the ciel route after briefly looking at the walktrough (that doesn't do much help because i don't realy wanted to start over, but rather know where i went wrong), but i picked aruceid in the dream famillar part, could that be the problem?? Help is appriciated pls :(
pop193
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby serialies » December 3rd, 2007, 4:56 pm

probably. from picking arc in the dream its likely that any advice from ciel-sensei will point you down arcs route...but then again who knows
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby JimmyT64 » December 3rd, 2007, 10:48 pm

I think this particular dead end is caused by
not having enough Ciel love. As the dream sequence somehow gives you a massive 3 points. I have no idea how that works.
Tsukihime drinking game. 1. Every time a word or a phrase is repeated 3 or more times, take a drink (eg. This chair).
2. Every time Shiki claims not to understand something already explained, take a drink
3. Every time Shiki doesn't realize someone is hitting on him, take a drink.
4. Every time someone who should be dead, isn't, take a drink.
5. Every time Shiki does something ridiculous with points\lines.
JimmyT64
Might just like this board

Unread postby -[J1N]- » December 4th, 2007, 5:03 am

I got my first dead end at exactly the same part

Yes, it's because you need to score more points to Ciel. Since it is relatively early in the game, the 3 points does make a huge difference to the 'points system'. Also, it's probably because you chose the wrong choices at the starting parts as well. Even though I went a lot back in the story, I always ended up dying at that part anyway
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Maes » December 4th, 2007, 7:31 am

I think that particular dead end is
the "gap" between the Arc and Ciel routes.
I got it as well my first play through trying to go the Arc route(I don't like walkthroughs that much either ;). My guess is that
I did too much toward the Ciel route and not enough toward Arc so I wound up dead. The solution is to be nicer/focus more on one or the other and you'll make it through that part
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » December 4th, 2007, 11:19 am

Maes wrote:I think that particular dead end is
the "gap" between the Arc and Ciel routes.
I got it as well my first play through trying to go the Arc route(I don't like walkthroughs that much either ;). My guess is that
I did too much toward the Ciel route and not enough toward Arc so I wound up dead. The solution is to be nicer/focus more on one or the other and you'll make it through that part

What I think is that if you stick your head into Ciel hammering down the poles at the start, you're already dead. This is if you're aiming for the Arc routes or course.

I reached that dead end because I just chose what I would have personally done, rather than trying to 'score points' to impress. So if you want to complete a route, you have to chose your choices accordingly; it's a bit risky to split. If you don't mind restarting a few times, then do what you will.

Yes, I understand there's always a chance that you will complete it the first time.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Maes » December 4th, 2007, 11:27 am

That's what I did the first time through as well, just played it by ear and picked the choices that I felt I would make personally... and wound up dead on a couple occasions. Same thing happened to me with Fate :roll: , but those dead ends are usually pretty amusing.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » December 4th, 2007, 10:19 pm

Maes wrote:That's what I did the first time through as well, just played it by ear and picked the choices that I felt I would make personally... and wound up dead on a couple occasions. Same thing happened to me with Fate :roll: , but those dead ends are usually pretty amusing.

Yup. And many of us actually do it for collection, hence the tiger stamps...
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby pop193 » December 6th, 2007, 8:30 am

yea, i managed to get through that part with all the advices, guess i wasn't that wrong footed afterall.
but towards the end, i got another dead end while dueling with ciel, gheez, more backtracking??? im starting to think it would have been better to follow the walkthrough all the way if i have to do this much backtracking.
pop193
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby -[J1N]- » December 6th, 2007, 8:38 am

pop193 wrote:yea, i managed to get through that part with all the advices, guess i wasn't that wrong footed afterall.
but towards the end, i got another dead end while dueling with ciel, gheez, more backtracking??? im starting to think it would have been better to follow the walkthrough all the way if i have to do this much backtracking.

Well, like i said before, it depends on your personal taste. If you find it too annoying to keep dying, or you can't stop dying, it'd be good to use the walkthrough. However, you can always just look at the walkthrough when you're stuck, and look at some of the choices you chose that were different to what the walkthrough has, and just go from there.
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby pop193 » December 7th, 2007, 4:10 pm

but the point system is so annoying...puts alot of restriction to your choice too...

at least fate was alot more flexible even if you got to a dead end, you just have to backtrack abit and the tip was obvious, not go all the way back and make ppl change their opinion about your char :x

owh well, now i know tsukihime was made before fate afterall.
pop193
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby serialies » December 7th, 2007, 4:45 pm

made earlier does =/= inferior...
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby pop193 » December 8th, 2007, 4:49 am

well, you can't deny that in some ways that newer made things are always better than the older one.
such as the auto read function, bgm, effects and CG's, i just felt that the choice making is one of them.
pop193
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby -[J1N]- » December 8th, 2007, 6:13 am

pop193 wrote:well, you can't deny that in some ways that newer made things are always better than the older one.
such as the auto read function, bgm, effects and CG's, i just felt that the choice making is one of them.

Hardly the case when you're talking about movies =P
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby serialies » December 8th, 2007, 6:29 am

well, you can't deny that in some ways that newer made things are always better than the older one.

@ pop193: not really, adding features to a game to make it "easier" or more convenient doesnt make the game as whole "better", for example if they made a visual novel about super mario world 3, and it utilized all the latest graphical technologies, had an auto-reader, and music composed by the top 100 artists in the world i would STILL pick the "old" tsukihime, as all those extra features do nothing if the game itself is bad quality. meaning that new made things are not always better than the older ones.

as another example consider the early touhou series/genre/w-e, even though the character graphics and ect are today considered extremely sub-par the fact remains that it still has a massive fan base even when compared to "modern" games

an even better example: Vista, and Xp

which one came first, and which one is better.

and with bgm, thats probably the biggest point i disagree with, i would listen to the Tsukihime soundtrack over a DMC/HALO/ect soundtrack anyday.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » December 9th, 2007, 3:23 am

Hmmm, why is it that i had no trouble at all in Tsukihime...? I died from time to time but never got stuck, lucky perhaps.

And i have to agree with newer vs older. (Taking the oldies good side)

Am i the only one that thinks that half (if not more) of today's games are nothing more than eye candy? Gotta miss the SNES.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby kensain » January 4th, 2008, 6:11 am

serialies wrote:
and with bgm, thats probably the biggest point i disagree with, i would listen to the Tsukihime soundtrack over a DMC/HALO/ect soundtrack anyday.

That's a totally illogical point. In tsukihime, your interaction with the game is limited to choices. I'm not going to bore anyone with halo-fandom, but you have to admit that it's a whole lot more absorbing. It doesn't *NEED* a good soundtrack, tsukihime does.
On topic, why is it that Ciel's arc is a bah-zillion times easier to die in than anyone elses? It's harder than all the far side routes put together! :?
The one who desires only perfection. Repeat.
The one who sees only flaws. Repeat.
The one who is unable to see alternative. Repeat.
The one who sees the unattainable perfection. Repeat.
The one who is blind. Relinquish.
kensain
Addict

Unread postby serialies » January 5th, 2008, 7:59 am

That's a totally illogical point. In tsukihime, your interaction with the game is limited to choices.

as opposed to what...all games are about choice making, just on varied levels of complexity. i really dont see the point your trying to make here. all games are make choice -> something happens -> and after that its either its game over/you lose or you make another choice.

not going to bore anyone with halo-fandom, but you have to admit that it's a whole lot more absorbing

is that your opinion or mine

It doesn't *NEED* a good soundtrack, tsukihime does.

again, opinion. and go play halo with no sound and see if its just as enjoyable, i assure you it wont be.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » January 5th, 2008, 8:21 am

kensain wrote:It doesn't *NEED* a good soundtrack, tsukihime does.

I also gotta say that it's up to personal taste. I (along with many others) have played through the game with no BGM, for various reasons, and I've completed it with great satisfaction.

About the Ciel route, stop picking up other chicks on your journey =P
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby kensain » January 7th, 2008, 12:36 pm

again, opinion. and go play halo with no sound and see if its just as enjoyable, i assure you it wont be.

Should have been more specific. Halo's soundtrack could be inferior to Tsukihime's (which it is, almost entirely), but it would still have much merit because the game's dependence upon music is far less, compared to Tsukihime, where the music is (this is an opinion, I admit it) a much, much bigger part of the game.

all games are about choice making, just on varied levels of complexity. i really dont see the point your trying to make here. all games are make choice -> something happens -> and after that its either its game over/you lose or you make another choice. .

Point taken, (that's actually quite wise!) but our interpretation of the word choice is a little different. I meant the particular methord of choice in tsukihime, which is almost always something of the lines of "Would you like this or that?" and usually not the focus of the game, although it's extremely fun(unless you hit the problem that pop193 got), mostly serving as a way to reach alternate endings. (up for argument, again, it's IMO)

This is compared to halo, where the choice making is, essentially, the whole game, minus the cutscenes, with each choice having dozens of possible decisions. Of course, there is no alternate ending for halo.

And Jin, I'm amazed. If I were to play it like that I'd be bored to tears! :shock: And about the Ciel route, it just seems that I spent more time
being stabbed by Seven
than anything else. Gets a bit annoying.
The one who desires only perfection. Repeat.
The one who sees only flaws. Repeat.
The one who is unable to see alternative. Repeat.
The one who sees the unattainable perfection. Repeat.
The one who is blind. Relinquish.
kensain
Addict

Next

Return to Tsukihime Chat