Background pictures in Tsukihime

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Background pictures in Tsukihime

Unread postby Gram49 » November 30th, 2007, 12:35 am

FS/N is the only visual novel that i've played before playing tsukihime. when playing tsukihime i noticed that the background images are unlike those of FS/N (granted I just started playing so i'm not sure about rest of the game). unlike FS/N where the background images are animated and colored, so far, in tsukihime i've only seen dreary realistic background images such as the classrooms and stuff. can anyone tell me if those kinds of background images are to be expected through the game?...(not sure if this is a spoiler but i'll just be safe)

BTW thanks mirror moon for translations
Gram49
Addict

Re: Background pictures in Tsukihime

Unread postby Einherjar » November 30th, 2007, 2:25 am

Gram49 wrote:
FS/N is the only visual novel that i've played before playing tsukihime. when playing tsukihime i noticed that the background images are unlike those of FS/N (granted I just started playing so i'm not sure about rest of the game). unlike FS/N where the background images are animated and colored, so far, in tsukihime i've only seen dreary realistic background images such as the classrooms and stuff. can anyone tell me if those kinds of background images are to be expected through the game?...(not sure if this is a spoiler but i'll just be safe)

BTW thanks mirror moon for translations

Yes. You can't really expect much from ONScripter. F/SN use Kiri Kiri Engine if I remembered correctly.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Gram49 » November 30th, 2007, 2:34 am

i see... that's kinda disappointing since i'm use to the nice background animation from FS/N. guess i'll just have to deal with it. thx for explanation
Gram49
Addict

Unread postby Henduluin » November 30th, 2007, 7:08 am

I was actually massively disappointed with FSN's backgrounds. Tsukihime's realistic backgrounds added something IMO.

Does anyone know where all those pictures were taken anyway? Would love to visit it someday.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shintis » November 30th, 2007, 9:24 pm

Henduluin wrote:I was actually massively disappointed with FSN's backgrounds. Tsukihime's realistic backgrounds added something IMO.

Does anyone know where all those pictures were taken anyway? Would love to visit it someday.

FSN's backgrounds are alright. But Tsukihime's I think provided a really interesting atmosphere. I like especially that at different times of day, the shades of color changed.

I'm not sure where the pictures were taken..I imagine there's a discussion on it somewhere on the net. People have found the locations for Higurashi backgrounds and Fate backgrounds.

However a thread on Arc's castle is here

Always makes me wonder. Did Nasu and Takeuchi explore the world for great backgrounds before Tsukihime? :)
Shintis
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » December 1st, 2007, 4:18 am

Shintis wrote:However a thread on Arc's castle is here

Always makes me wonder. Did Nasu and Takeuchi explore the world for great backgrounds before Tsukihime? :)

Well, After reading the thread for a moment, I found this link:

http://www.geocities.jp/excelsior2400/index.html#shinto
hope these pictures remind you of something...
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Gram49 » December 1st, 2007, 5:30 am

OMG those pictures are exactly the same as in FS/N even down to the little details, wow. i didn't know that the background animations were based off a real city in Japan, that's pretty interesting and cool to find out. cool find :D
Gram49
Addict

Unread postby Message » December 1st, 2007, 8:31 am

Wow, that IS cool. Would be awesome to go to those places and get a 3D impression of the surroundings. :)

Unread postby Beowulf Lee » December 1st, 2007, 5:58 pm

I wonder how those Church people felt after they let Type-Moon people take pictures when their church was used by a crazy guy in the eventual story.
Beowulf Lee
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raven » December 1st, 2007, 11:46 pm

Einherjar wrote:
Well, After reading the thread for a moment, I found this link:

http://www.geocities.jp/excelsior2400/index.html#shinto
hope these pictures remind you of something...

Holy cow ... wow!! :shock:
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Maes » December 2nd, 2007, 5:27 am

That is cool. Sadly I can't read anything on the site, but it reminds me of some links I went to that were photos of locations in Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, and there was also another of locations from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu as well but I seem to have lost the links(no big deal though since they're not really related to Type-Moon at all) but the photos were either identical to shots from the animes, or damn close.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Raven » December 3rd, 2007, 4:59 am

The pictures matched too close. Hum ... do you think they actually traced the photos instead of manually drawing it?
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » December 3rd, 2007, 7:58 am

Haha, that would've been so easy. 20 seconds work:

ImageImage

Unread postby Raven » December 3rd, 2007, 3:08 pm

Never mind, paying close attention I don't think they trace it. Look at the column on these two.

Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » December 4th, 2007, 8:50 am

That's just a matter of holding the camera straight.

Unread postby Raven » December 4th, 2007, 2:52 pm

Maybe you're right, so do you think it's really traced?
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » December 4th, 2007, 4:31 pm

I have no idea if they traced it or not, and if so to what degree they used those traces. But I do know that there is no end to human's laziness, and if it works, why not? If ever I'm to draw something like a background CG, I think I'll start with a photo, too. ^__^

Unread postby JimmyT64 » December 4th, 2007, 6:51 pm

Looks to my completely uneducated eye like they traced it, then edited it just a little bit, either for feel or for kicks.
Tsukihime drinking game. 1. Every time a word or a phrase is repeated 3 or more times, take a drink (eg. This chair).
2. Every time Shiki claims not to understand something already explained, take a drink
3. Every time Shiki doesn't realize someone is hitting on him, take a drink.
4. Every time someone who should be dead, isn't, take a drink.
5. Every time Shiki does something ridiculous with points\lines.
JimmyT64
Might just like this board

Return to Tsukihime Chat