shiki and arcuried. Happy forever?

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

shiki and arcuried. Happy forever?

Unread postby serious8 » November 19th, 2007, 1:22 pm

well when someone have played already tsukihime 3 times every time Arcuried's route, read already all the manga and news about the high expected TSUKIHIME 2 there is then only one question left... are Shiki and Arcuried really going to be happy? or has that relationship any future?.
I mean she is a super vampire, who doesn't get old or die and he is a very stupid boy who sholud be already dead and not only one but three times ( as kid, by Roa and at ohter fights).
I have already tried to imagine a future with the two of them togheter but it doesn't even least 3 years after the Wallachia incident.
maybe i am too pesimist
well what do you mean? are they going to reach the "happiness" or what?

Argument your answers!!!
serious8
Might just like this board

Re: shiki and arcuried. Happy forever?

Unread postby Einherjar » November 19th, 2007, 1:54 pm

serious8 wrote:well when someone have played already tsukihime 3 times every time Arcuried's route, read already all the manga and news about the high expected TSUKIHIME 2 there is then only one question left... are Shiki and Arcuried really going to be happy? or has that relationship any future?.
I mean she is a super vampire, who doesn't get old or die and he is a very stupid boy who sholud be already dead and not only one but three times ( as kid, by Roa and at ohter fights).
I have already tried to imagine a future with the two of them togheter but it doesn't even least 3 years after the Wallachia incident.
maybe i am too pesimist
well what do you mean? are they going to reach the "happiness" or what?

Argument your answers!!!

Well, you know, after roa's death, Shiki doesn't get his force sucked out and lives longer?

That wasn't very persuasive, was it?
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Hiyono » November 19th, 2007, 6:51 pm

First of all, yes you're a pessimist for even contemplating such things. And to answer your question, I don't see why not.
Shiki will live a normal lifetime of happiness as it is. As for Arc, in the true ending she was content to dream forever about the short time they had spent together. Since in the good ending, Shiki gets to spend the rest of his life together with her, that's that much more time she'll have to make happy memories with. Eternity is nice, but you don't need eternity to be happy.
'It is better to be a human dissatisfied than a pig satisfied"
- John Stuart Mills
Hiyono

Unread postby serious8 » November 19th, 2007, 11:35 pm

ok lets explain some things.
1.) if it wasn't very persuasive sorr it is how far my english goes and i didn't have the timeto look the right words in the dictionary.
2.) althought it may be the most logical and best result after the battle with Roa it wasn't said or commented at any point of the game,manga,...another inforamtions that Shiki actually recovered the by Roa sucked life,was it?
and 3.) The problem is that in the second part of Tsukihime (Kagetsu tohya) in one of the other stories (Crimson moon) Shiki meets the true Arcuried (the chained one. not Creimson Moon) who doesn't ever come to the exterior world but stays eternaly in her prision (millenium Castle) which also means that the one Arcuried who Shiki knows is a illusion or possibily a third personality of Arcuried and all that means that once Shiki sets the true Arcuried free she won't be the same Arcuried that he knows,will she?

something that i wanted to say was that at the Epilogue in Tsukihime when Shiki talks with Aoko, Arcuried is not being mentionated at any moment of the conversation but it all is treated as were one of Shiki's dreams at the plains.

well that was all.

I really want that Shiki and Arcuried stay together but sofar i dont know the TRUE TRUE ending of this relationship i won't be satisfaced.
I just got a great Idea!!!!!!!
if you are curious post your comments and i will tell you. ( if you are interessed on it)

this will be so much fun!!!!
http://wrexgrafix.com/anime/blog/wp-con ... e_idol.jpg
serious8

Unread postby serialies » November 20th, 2007, 2:50 am

well...if you follow that arcs true ending is canon (i dont think any of the "good" endings can seen as canon) then you have to consider the "eclipse" afterword thing, which if anything, would be considered the "canon" to rule them all...

*BIG SPOILER OF WHAT IS SAID IN ECLIPSE AHEAD*

as you see Aoko say "Shiki...you know your not going to last much longer?" it puts doubt onto how much "happiness" Shiki could actually have in a more limited time frame...of course this can change in a multitude of ways in future installments/sequels (and death doesnt seem to stop alot of people in the nasu-verse...), but as of yet im still following on the idea that Shiki is running on a shorter countdown timer than the average person.
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby serious8 » November 20th, 2007, 4:36 am

hmmm....yeaH
probably it is so... ahhh i think i was a little stubborn back there maybe i like too much the "forever happy endings" and tried to convince myself they would be togheter after all and just wanted somebadoy who could just affirm it...

ok but would you like to know my idea???

i have already seen it a lot of times at other forums but i tought it was a try worthy.

i tought we could do our own tsukihime path. one which starts a while after the wallachia incident just as fun and with everybody opinion get a greater ending for the both of them.

na? good idea?
serious8

Unread postby Blue Gunner » November 20th, 2007, 12:47 pm

Fanfiction's something that's always bound to happen. There's plenty of things that happen after the Night of Wallachia, such as Talk and Eclipse, so you should be able to find stuff in those to help you...

By the way serious8, I'd be putting spoiler tags on your comments that contain spoilers, or at least changing the topic name to include "spoilers".
Improve your vocab and feed people in need: http://www.freerice.com
Blue Gunner
Addict

Unread postby serious8 » November 20th, 2007, 1:02 pm

so.... i think that means a No, doesn't it?
ok i just tought it was a good idea.
well i think i will just try it and even tought it maybe only me first later could somebody else join,ne?
if you are interessed its name is... eh...mmmm...
fansubkihime... ok i will think about a better name!!!
serious8

Unread postby serious8 » November 21st, 2007, 4:39 pm

Well
no one have showed any interesse on the Fansubkihime-project
and this post is going to die ...
BuT!!!!!!!!
if you don't want to tell why couldn't be Shiki and Arcuried happy then tell me how do you imagine they could become happy togheter

I am waiting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you dream too much, you won't have the time to make those dreams come true
serious8

Unread postby serialies » November 22nd, 2007, 2:29 am

Shiki -> Vampire (along the same lines of zelretch of course)

problem solved

(n dont dbbl post) >_>
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby serious8 » December 4th, 2007, 11:54 am

hmmmm you are right
actually I am now sure they will be happy ( at least for a time).
Last edited by serious8 on December 4th, 2007, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serious8

Unread postby serialies » December 4th, 2007, 1:01 pm

uh...i dont exactly see why not...they both got the necessary tools fo reproduction. (unless the TA's decided she didnt need overies or something)

and @ the "shiki's blood doesnt blah blah"

as i recall he "Killed" the blood she put into him or w/e (depending on the route), also when arc did it she seemed to gain a very slight degree of control over him (which meant it was working) but the effect was minor as it was only a tinnyyyyyyy bit of blood

n follow blue gunners advice and try to use spoiler tags a lil ^^; cuz it may ruin things a little for those who havent played the routes your talkin bout
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby animefanzmg » February 22nd, 2008, 7:21 pm

i saw their relationship as passionate but will burn out. thats just what i felt
animefanzmg
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby goforit1 » February 26th, 2008, 10:05 am

serialies wrote:Shiki -> Vampire (along the same lines of zelretch of course)

problem solved

(n dont dbbl post) >_>

That would be so hot for a sequel or something.

edit:

That's what I wanted to happen at the end of freaking Blood+, the losers!!!! (losers = writers of Blood+). Argh, I hated that ending so fucking much.

edit 2:

Actually, I'd say there's more than 1 question left. Namely, why haven't you played the other routes?!?!

Actually, I know why. :P I was the same as you, watched the anime before I played the game, etc etc. I didn't care for a main character besides Arc cause she was so freaking cool, but I was wrong! Ciel's route is kinda meh in my eyes (though a lot of people like it), but what you HAVE TO do now is play the far side of the moon arcs.

Akiha the sister, then Hisui or whatever, then Kohaku or whatever's arcs (in that order) are a MUST SEE. Those arcs are what really made me say "wow this is a 11/10 visual novel!"

Damn, talking about this is making me want to go back and play their routes again (they're that good)!
goforit1
Addict

Return to Tsukihime Chat