Tsukihime Auto-Read???

Caution: Flying pans at low altitude.

Moderator: Staffers

Tsukihime Auto-Read???

Unread postby azteckid510 » October 30th, 2007, 5:52 am

i just installed tsukihime and couldnt find it so i just thought i'd ask but I am just wondering if Tsukihime has an auto-read function like fate/stay night does? it would be very troublesome for me to have my arm stretched out click every few seconds to advance in the game where as in fate i can just relax and let the auto read function take care of everything.
azteckid510
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Sobzob » October 30th, 2007, 8:13 am

I don't think there is one, at least I played through the game by holding my hand at the mouse and clicking all the time. You get used to it after a while, so it isn't that troublesome.
Sobzob
Crack Addic!

Unread postby -[J1N]- » October 30th, 2007, 9:49 am

Just as Sobzob said, there isn't an auto-reader for Tsukihime. There are two other functions which are not 'auto-readers', but are sort of related. There's the option of skipping (by pressing 's') all chat until the next clickable option is displayed, or you or you could hold CTRL and it will "Fast-forward through the game until the key is released, also skipping all transitions". I'm not sure what they mean by transitions, but it still stops at the options.
["Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."]
--Book of Revelation 13:18
-[J1N]-
DESU DESU!

Unread postby serialies » October 30th, 2007, 1:00 pm

depends what your doing with both your hands really...
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Night Walker » October 30th, 2007, 10:02 pm

I use a usb joystick and a program(JoyIdle) to control the mouse with it.

http://www.virtualconstructs.com/downlo ... idle.shtml
Night Walker
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » October 30th, 2007, 10:55 pm

Why don't you download one of those autoclick programs if you're a fast reader?
"...Whatever."
"...Not interested."
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby azteckid510 » November 6th, 2007, 3:47 pm

I tried the auto clicker but its a little annoying waiting about 5-6 secs for a 3 word sentence. maybe i'll put up with just clicking it although i dont really want to do that cuz i really get into the emotions of the game by sitting there reading instead of clicking every few seconds. yall mean? Fate's auto read was perfect for me its just too bad this doesnt have one as well.
azteckid510
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby lolipedofin » December 15th, 2007, 6:07 pm

Hmmm... i was also wondering about this feature... it was rare for a relatively not so ancient visual novel to not have any auto-click feature, although it might have something to do with this being a doujin game...

Somehow i find it weird for anybody to utilize the function during the whole game.... Some of the stuff in FSN and Tsukime could make my eyebrows meet and could take several second to comprehend...

It's already a public secret what this auto-click function mainly used for.... when your hand are too busy doing something else while reading.... You people know the rest.. ;p
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » December 16th, 2007, 11:44 am

ONScripter does not support autoread as far as I know, so I'm afraid the answer is no. Unless we go crazy and actually port Tsukihime to krkr some day, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Unread postby Gram49 » December 17th, 2007, 6:21 am

i guess i'm a slow reader :(. tried out the auto-read for FS/N and decided to stick to the mouse but i don't find it a big deal. if u don't wanna use the mouse there's always the space bar or the enter key lol.
Gram49
Addict

Unread postby Enerccio » December 17th, 2007, 11:58 pm

-[J1N]- wrote: I'm not sure what they mean by transitions, but it still stops at the options.

Transitions are effect of showing graphics, ie fades, dissolves, blinds and things like that (if you skip, that part is removed and you will see sprite just placed on background, no effect)

lolipedofin wrote:It's already a public secret what this auto-click function mainly used for.... when your hand are too busy doing something else while reading.... You people know the rest.. ;p

You just need either
a) move your mouse / keyboard to your left hand (right if you are left handed)
b) be ambidextrous on the other thing :twisted: (as me :P )
Enerccio
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » December 18th, 2007, 8:27 am

c) play non-ero

Unread postby marus » December 18th, 2007, 8:38 am

d) use something other than your hand
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby chocorush » December 22nd, 2007, 9:35 pm

I personally like to curl up in my chair in a blanket or something when I read, but I don't really like auto-read so i just pull the mouse over to me and hold it in my hand or something.

I really like that controller idea though. Finally gives me a good reason to use my psx->pc adapter since all the games i would use it for i was already to used to playing on a keyboard.

*edit* http://www.zophar.net/Files/jtk361en.zip is a nice utility for mapping keys like ctrl and mouse scrolls to your controller.
chocorush
Totally hardly posted

Return to Tsukihime Chat