Progress Report

Talk about Men at Work! 2 related topics here.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby abscess » June 19th, 2008, 1:52 am

Ooh, is it an eroge too? I ask this because Utawarerumono actually took me by surprise at that! I didn't know it was eroge until I reached those scenes! ahahahha!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby AlinSabel » June 19th, 2008, 1:59 am

Yeah, it's a hentai RPG.

There was a guy who was translating this a long, long time ago, but I'm not sure what happened after that notice of his.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Mkilbride » June 19th, 2008, 2:27 am

Utawarerumono surprised me alot too, one of the best in along time, ending was beautiful. Of course, it had alot more Eroge than the Type-Moon games at least....cause in Utawarerumono you slept with all the girls in the same route...lol, he was an amazing fellow' :P(It's amazing you can find a way to sleep with all the woman in a game and NOT come off like a jerk...but Cave man did it!) lol. Had fun combat, very Disgaea like.

I saw this and saw the RPG elements and the girls, and I love it, this type of artwork, combined with my love for 2D RPG's...I must play this.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 19th, 2008, 2:48 am

Mkilbride wrote:Utawarerumono surprised me alot too, one of the best in along time, ending was beautiful. Of course, it had alot more Eroge than the Type-Moon games at least....cause in Utawarerumono you slept with all the girls in the same route...lol, he was an amazing fellow' :P(It's amazing you can find a way to sleep with all the woman in a game and NOT come off like a jerk...but Cave man did it!) lol. Had fun combat, very Disgaea like.

I saw this and saw the RPG elements and the girls, and I love it, this type of artwork, combined with my love for 2D RPG's...I must play this.

...Iceman. Iceman, not Caveman.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » June 19th, 2008, 7:26 am

AlinSabel wrote:There was a guy who was translating this a long, long time ago, but I'm not sure what happened after that notice of his.

If you look at his nickname, you'll realize that was Top50.

Unread postby AlinSabel » June 19th, 2008, 7:30 am

Who's Top50? @_@

Or am I supposed to have reached some other epiphany from your reply... *is utterly confused*
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Balcerzak » June 19th, 2008, 8:00 am

From the introduction thread

Message wrote:A long time ago, in a gal... Actually, I don't remember much about the earliest stages of this project. The game was first released in November 2000, so let's say it was started some time in 2001. Top50 and a handful of other French-speaking people got the idea that they could translate Men at Work! 2 to English. For about a year they updated their website with screenshots and progress reports, showing that the project was proceeding slow but steady.
(emphasis added)
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Mkilbride » June 20th, 2008, 5:28 am

It's really amazing this project is even alive at all, I mean started back in 2000, dropped for a few years and picked back up eventually? I mean, for a game like this, I don't know about the series to much, but I google'd it a ton and barely found any information, so I assume it's not a popular series, so the fact it's actually going to be translated is pretty amazing if you think about it.

I go up a year Saturday, I know it won't, but I'm somehow hoping for a cheesy birthday miracle and see it then, again, I know it won't happen, but I digress.

The girls in this game are VERY promising, after playing alot of games like this lately(So many have loli / flatchested...not my style)

Plus, RPG...I mean...cmon, I'd play it for that reason alone lol.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Phoenician » June 20th, 2008, 6:56 am

Mkilbride wrote:It's really amazing this project is even alive at all, I mean started back in 2000, dropped for a few years and picked back up eventually? I mean, for a game like this, I don't know about the series to much, but I google'd it a ton and barely found any information, so I assume it's not a popular series, so the fact it's actually going to be translated is pretty amazing if you think about it.

I go up a year Saturday, I know it won't, but I'm somehow hoping for a cheesy birthday miracle and see it then, again, I know it won't happen, but I digress.

The girls in this game are VERY promising, after playing alot of games like this lately(So many have loli / flatchested...not my style)

Plus, RPG...I mean...cmon, I'd play it for that reason alone lol.

Loli, Mature, Teenage, Young Adult, it's all about the people imo, like how Ruruka from Sagara Family is about as horny for Yusuke as Sakura is for Shirou, and while both mo?, their cup sizes are sukoshi different

And anyone who has played any Trabulance games, or True Love '95, or most other games translated into English, Horniness=Love
"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives." A. Sachs
"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh." George Bernard Shaw
"Genius is born--not paid." Oscar Wilde
"Iron rusts from disuse; stagnant water loses its purity and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind." Leonardo Da Vinci
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » June 20th, 2008, 3:34 pm

OH man, I felt so bad in The Sagara Family, but I mean, it was translated bad, your guy is 20, right? And Ruruka is 18? And he keeps commenting on how young she is, to young...I bet originally she was 16 and he was either 18 or still 20, but they bumped age, obviously.(No Loli in America!:P)

Everyone else in that game was prime rib though, I think I liked the Cosplay girl the best, I forget her name at the moment, all the other ones were just to accepting of stuff.

I felt bad for what the Mother went through in that...regardless of route, really.

True Love was a decent game actually. I'm just not a huge loli fan, of course, every 1/100 Loli's I think are nice, but usually I'm just keeled over with a throw-upy feeling, guess I'm weak :P
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » June 20th, 2008, 7:05 pm

Back to Men at Work! 2 discussion.

Unread postby Raven » June 25th, 2008, 12:57 am

Got a nice update today. I'm impatiently waiting. :D
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » June 25th, 2008, 1:38 pm

6/23: Wow, long time, no update. Anyway, the project is moving VERY WELL along ^^

Saw that. so yeah, and with the news of 2 months or so till FS / N is finished(Well, an estimate, so I can't really say it'll be out, but can hope, right!? I have enough games to last me several months, and you guys are Gods among men to be translating such games)
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Phoenician » June 27th, 2008, 2:01 am

Everything's 100%, not long now ^_^
"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives." A. Sachs
"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh." George Bernard Shaw
"Iron rusts from disuse; stagnant water loses its purity and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind." Leonardo Da Vinci
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby Raven » June 27th, 2008, 4:41 am

Is it me or whenever the moon on the site turns red, we have an impended release?
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » June 27th, 2008, 5:19 am

Meeh.... probably, but, since I haven't even ordered the game, I can still wait! I have to get some money first.... guuuuh.. I'm poor.... :cry:
If what you say is true I'd be much happier if it was MBAC than MaW2 since I already have that one! :D
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Phoenician » June 28th, 2008, 5:49 am

Raven wrote:Is it me or whenever the moon on the site turns red, we have an impended release?

probably a reference between the Blue Blue Glass Moon, and Type-Moon (Crimson Moon)
Phoenician
Addict

Unread postby Raven » June 28th, 2008, 11:08 pm

If it has something to do with the moon ... hum, if I have to take a guess, they'll probably release the patch on the coming Thursday.
Raven
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » June 28th, 2008, 11:35 pm

MM's MaW!2 project page wrote:6/26: *The patch will ONLY work on the voiced version MAW2 that came with MAW3 or MAW4 DVD

Just so you know what MaW to get.
abscess

Unread postby Phlebas » July 2nd, 2008, 5:01 pm

Awesomeness, it's out :D Great job everyone, love you!
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

PreviousNext

Return to Men at Work! 2 Chat