Aoi's path is leaving me frustrated...

Talk about Men at Work! 2 related topics here.

Moderator: Staffers

Aoi's path is leaving me frustrated...

Unread postby Dragona » July 25th, 2008, 10:18 pm

It's my second playthrough, I got the bath, I pulled the lever, I heard the Exorcist story from Aoi, etc. etc.

But for some reason, I can't walk in on her in the bath, I can't get the option for the spiritual pump, and it's leading me to Lucy's path... And I haven't even visited her once!

It's like the game is mocking me... I really need some help.
Dragona
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Comazon » July 25th, 2008, 10:57 pm

Is there some reason you're not resorting to the walkthrough?

Also to make 100% sure, you already got Lucy's and Mena's paths, right? You won't be able to get Aoi's until you complete those two routes.
Comazon
Might just like this board

Unread postby Dragona » July 25th, 2008, 11:29 pm

Only Lucy's path is complete. Aoi's path can't be unlocked unless I complete Mena's too? And yes, I'm using the walkthrough. I've been using it since I first got stuck in Chapter 3 of my 1st playthrough.
Dragona
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Comazon » July 26th, 2008, 12:44 am

Well then that's the problem. You have to complete Mena's path as well before having access to Aoi's and Kitty's. Sheryl's path can only be reached after you complete the other 4 paths.

If you're going to use the walkthrough, at least read the notes I wrote on the front page. If you did, you would've known about this already. If the walkthrough was in some way unclear to you, let me know so I can try to clarify it.
Comazon

Unread postby Veni » August 1st, 2008, 1:31 pm

Yea her path has been vexing me aswell. Already cleared Lucy and Mena's routes, but for some reason I absolutely cannot find her watering at the academy at 5 o'clock...I can trigger walking in on her at the bath but thats it...First time I attempted her path I was doing it with no help and almost got on kitty's route trying everything...eventually got stuck clearing mena's for a second time.

After that I got frustrated and found Coma's wonderful walkthrough problem is she still isn't watering. Don't suppose theirs anything else required beyond visiting the church twice and waiting for her to show at 5? :?

Only event I didn't do that was listed in the walk through was the rats at the academy...Please don't tell me you have to clear a lucy event to get in Aoi's path?
Veni
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Tsukino_Miyabi » August 1st, 2008, 2:30 pm

No you dont need to do the rats in the academy in fact if you even get that event your probably on the wrong path (this event only appears if your affectionate to lucy i think).
If your affection with Aoi is high enough then at the start of chapter 2 on the 1st day go to the church and talk to Aoi, she talks about spraying water in front of the academy etc. Then at 5pm of the same day she'll be at the academy and if you go shes spraying water outside. (this is the only time you can get this scene i think)

Note: When i played through the game for the 1st time with lucys route(no guide/walkthrough) i could still get this scene as well so it shouldnt be to hard to get since i didnt even interact with Aoi at all and still saw it, so im not really sure if the affection really matters.
Tsukino_Miyabi
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Comazon » August 3rd, 2008, 5:29 am

It never even occurred to me to try to avoid the rats at the academy. ^^;;

In any case, the rats at the academy shouldn't make or break whatever path you're on, as I did it for every path. I also used my own walkthrough for the Aoi and Sheryl routes, so I'm not sure what the problem is. If you find out, let me know.
Comazon

Unread postby Megaolix » September 17th, 2008, 6:26 pm

For some reason, I can't get the picture (3p:2-1) fromt he gallery, yet I followed the guide...

Is there someone who can help me?
Megaolix
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Balcerzak » September 18th, 2008, 10:29 am

Megaolix wrote:For some reason, I can't get the picture (3p:2-1) fromt he gallery, yet I followed the guide...

Is there someone who can help me?

Picture 3p:2-1 is a (series of) picture(s) of Aoi and Sheryl, that come up (I believe) only during the end game sequence. So if you haven't finished clearing Aoi's path completely, you won't have it. I'm pretty sure that scene is impossible to miss, so if you've finished the route, you should have it.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Megaolix » September 18th, 2008, 12:16 pm

Ahh, that makes sense.

The guide listed it as a h-scene. No wonder I couldn't get it...
Megaolix
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Balcerzak » September 18th, 2008, 1:06 pm

Megaolix wrote:Ahh, that makes sense.

The guide listed it as a h-scene. No wonder I couldn't get it...

Hmm, maybe I have my notation mixed up. I thought you were referring to the third page (which I just assumed was Aoi's page, though now that I think about it actually she's page 4 [1 = general, 2 = mena, 3 = lucy, 4 = aoi, 5 = kitty, 6 = sheryl]), second line, first picture. I believe this is the last picture before the H-pictures show up, but I can't safely check, being at work right now.

Edit:
Okay, I actually pulled up the walkthrough, and I think maybe the source of the confusion is that the (3p:2-1) you're referring to is located inside parentheses, meaning it's listed as an unlockable for the memories bonus section, not the picture gallery bonus section. All of the memories bonuses are H scenes. Those things listed on the walkthrough without surrounding parentheses are regular gallery pictures. My apologies for potentially completely confusing things up here.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Megaolix » September 18th, 2008, 6:52 pm

Nah, it's alright. I unlocked everything.

Besides, I should have paid more attention to the order of the pictures. If I was missing a h-picture, it would have been between some of them, not before the first one.
Megaolix
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sasa » October 25th, 2008, 10:17 am

i have some hard time trying to complete aoi's path as well and was certain that i followed the guide.

but for those who have the same problem as me, dont forget to build the big bath. i forgot about that and once i build it i got the aoi route.

also, you have to build the bath pretty quick, before the watering scene. hope this helps.
sasa
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby egbert314 » November 10th, 2008, 3:40 am

Is the spiritual pump discussion only available in chapter 3? I have gotten the scene where Aoi is watering at the academy, but I could not get her to talk about the spiritual pump at any location. I have tried with my own saves (having cleared Mena, Lucy, and Kitty) and with a 100% cleared save. I've been following Comazon's walkthrough and talking to Aoi at every chance I can get but still no luck. Are there any more hints as to how to get onto Aoi's path? If not, could some kind soul upload a save right after the spiritual pump discussion?
egbert314
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Balcerzak » November 10th, 2008, 9:20 am

egbert314 wrote:Is the spiritual pump discussion only available in chapter 3? I have gotten the scene where Aoi is watering at the academy, but I could not get her to talk about the spiritual pump at any location. I have tried with my own saves (having cleared Mena, Lucy, and Kitty) and with a 100% cleared save. I've been following Comazon's walkthrough and talking to Aoi at every chance I can get but still no luck. Are there any more hints as to how to get onto Aoi's path? If not, could some kind soul upload a save right after the spiritual pump discussion?

While focussing on Aoi is all well and good, by all means do not ignore the other girls completely.
tangent:
(I learned this the hard when in Lucy's route, when apparently talking to some of the other girls was a trigger to open up further conversation with Lucy about her past, and the associated CG. I know that it wasn't just a matter of continued talking to Lucy, as she'd already slipped into her "You're visiting me alot" speech, that signified no new talks were forthcoming.)

In your case, I think you specifically need to talk with Mena more, as if my memory serves, she's the one who first mentions the spiritual pump. After she brings it up to you, then you can bring it up to Aoi.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby egbert314 » November 11th, 2008, 4:07 am

Do you know if there is some specific pattern you need to use when talking to everyone? I've tried talking to Aoi until she repeats herself then talking to Mena and Lucy until they repeat themselves. Then I alternate between Aoi, Lucy, and Mena to see which makes the pump discussion occur, but that just leads to Mena's route apparently. I've also tried holding off on talking to Aoi in Chapter 3 until I max out Mena's and Lucy's conversations and then alternating between the three, but that doesn't make the spiritual pump topic pop up either.
egbert314
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Balcerzak » November 11th, 2008, 8:55 am

egbert314 wrote:Do you know if there is some specific pattern you need to use when talking to everyone? I've tried talking to Aoi until she repeats herself then talking to Mena and Lucy until they repeat themselves. Then I alternate between Aoi, Lucy, and Mena to see which makes the pump discussion occur, but that just leads to Mena's route apparently. I've also tried holding off on talking to Aoi in Chapter 3 until I max out Mena's and Lucy's conversations and then alternating between the three, but that doesn't make the spiritual pump topic pop up either.

I honestly don't remember offhand. If I have some time, I'll load up the game and try to check it out. Don't count on it happening before the weekend, though.

Worst case scenario, I probably have an archived save around that location, but I'd prefer to figure out what the problem is and why you're not triggering properly.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby egbert314 » November 11th, 2008, 11:22 pm

Balcerzak wrote:
egbert314 wrote:Do you know if there is some specific pattern you need to use when talking to everyone? I've tried talking to Aoi until she repeats herself then talking to Mena and Lucy until they repeat themselves. Then I alternate between Aoi, Lucy, and Mena to see which makes the pump discussion occur, but that just leads to Mena's route apparently. I've also tried holding off on talking to Aoi in Chapter 3 until I max out Mena's and Lucy's conversations and then alternating between the three, but that doesn't make the spiritual pump topic pop up either.

I honestly don't remember offhand. If I have some time, I'll load up the game and try to check it out. Don't count on it happening before the weekend, though.

Worst case scenario, I probably have an archived save around that location, but I'd prefer to figure out what the problem is and why you're not triggering properly.

Thanks! That would be a big help!
egbert314
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Balcerzak » November 14th, 2008, 11:37 pm

Okay, so I browsed around my archived saves, found the batch that were from my Aoi runthrough and booted up chapter 3. As near as I can tell the things needed to trigger the spiritual pump discussion are:
0) Any prerequisites from earlier chapters.
1) Talk to Aoi at Church once, maybe twice
2) Walk in on Aoi changing at the bath (this is immediately after the big group bath).
3) Meet Aoi at the Academy entrance at dusk. (This is her second time watering if I remember correctly, I think she watered once in an earlier chapter.) Lucy will show up and mention that there's a spiritual pump, but Aoi says she prefers manual because she considers it to be part of her training. (This is how I got confused about the other girls telling you things. I sincerely apologize for the earlier boondoggle I lead you on!)
4) Visit Gen-san and order the spiritual pump built.

Which of these steps if any fail for you?

Edit: Added spoil tags
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby egbert314 » November 16th, 2008, 7:12 pm

Step 3 is failing for me. I can't seem to get her to appear at that location even after following the other steps. I've tried talking to Kitty when she's there before doing step 1 to make sure Kitty won't appear there anymore at that time and I've tried ignoring Kitty, but then only she appears. I made sure to do step 2 right after the chapter change, so that shouldn't be the problem.

I don't know if this is relevant, but from what I remember, the first two times I talk to Aoi at the Church in Chapter 3, she says the following things:
Something about it being a hot day and then something about watering the front of the Academy but it doesn't really help
egbert314
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to Men at Work! 2 Chat