Healing

Talk about Men at Work! 2 related topics here.

Moderator: Staffers

Healing

Unread postby fayzai » July 9th, 2008, 5:02 pm

As the topic states, I have a question about healing. What stats affect this (if any)? In the first half of the game (second time through), cliff's breath control, mena's fat sparrow, lucy's...healing move (the name escapes me at the moment XD), and aoi's..healing move XD all only healed 41 MAX until a certain point; although I'm not sure of what this "certain point" is. Is there a stat that affects this? Maybe it's the level of your character? Thanks in advance =)
fayzai
Might just like this board

Unread postby uriel » July 9th, 2008, 5:25 pm

The healing spells simply heal the character full, no stats involved
"Someone said is better to reign in hell than serve in heaven, but that is a defeatistic attitude.
I won't reign only in hell"
uriel

Unread postby fayzai » July 9th, 2008, 5:38 pm

They don't always heal the character fully. For example, up until a certain level, cliff could only heal himself 41 dmg regardless of how much health he needed. Same thing for lucy's group heal. There must be some variable involved in the healing move. O.o Maybe my there's something glitchy going on for my game?
fayzai

Unread postby Phlebas » July 9th, 2008, 6:38 pm

I think Will increases it but hard to tell cuz they start to heal max health so fast :X.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby fayzai » July 9th, 2008, 6:44 pm

Well, I can say that's it's not attack or defense. I maxed attack out before the prologue was even over..or some time in the beginning of chapter 1..and I had this healing "problem" until the end of chapter 3. It's not defense because I didn't even touch the defense stat this time around and now I am healing max. It's probably not agility...because I had agility maxed for some characters but they still didn't heal full. So it's either life or will...it's probably not life, but I had enough credits to max everyone's will and increase their life stats at the same time and that's when the heal increase happened. Probably will then, i guess?
fayzai

Unread postby Darkbalmunk » July 10th, 2008, 3:51 am

like utawaremuno the healing depends on the life stat.
apparently after i maxed life everyone with heals seems to go 199 on me like as if i gave them sterroids T_T but will increases the amount of force u regenerate and give u double team abilities.

so
ATK - pfft duh dmg
Def - duh blocks physical dmg
spd - duh increases change of attacking first in battle
life - increases healing and possibly amount of hp gained per level
will - increases regeneration of force, and increases force on level up, but possibly im thinking it blocks magic damage too, have not tested that yet
Darkbalmunk

Unread postby fayzai » July 10th, 2008, 4:06 am

Oh okay, that sounds pretty reasonable. I just finished my second time through so I'll test that out to double check. Thanks Darkbalmunk=)

~edit~

LOL i just made my 17th post and I like how it says "into 17 pieces" haha. i feel very tsukihime right now XD
fayzai

Unread postby Darkbalmunk » July 11th, 2008, 3:38 am

lol better hope it wasnt shiki who did it or regenerating your body will be a problem for the dead apostles.
Darkbalmunk

Unread postby Darkbalmunk » July 11th, 2008, 3:59 am

higher will SEEMS to be increases rate of learning skills to do tag team abilities not sure on that but testing it
Darkbalmunk

Unread postby Multi » July 11th, 2008, 11:11 am

pretty sure the skills in this game are just based on your current max force points. Once you've reached 80 points, you should have all skills unlocked and be able to do dual attacks as long as cliff and the other girl both have 80 fp.
Multi
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby fayzai » July 11th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Multi wrote:pretty sure the skills in this game are just based on your current max force points. Once you've reached 80 points, you should have all skills unlocked and be able to do dual attacks as long as cliff and the other girl both have 80 fp.

Oh yes, I have the skills, it's just that they're not up to level with what I had towards the end of the previous game. That part is obvious because my stats aren't the same, therefore my skills will be weaker. I was just trying to figure out which stat effected how much health I can heal in one go.
fayzai

Unread postby Darkbalmunk » July 14th, 2008, 2:07 am

will seems to decrease magic damage with max def and will Kitty route boss did only 15 magic dmg lol
Darkbalmunk

Return to Men at Work! 2 Chat