When can you build that darn 9k bath? (SPOILERS)

Talk about Men at Work! 2 related topics here.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Darkbalmunk » July 11th, 2008, 3:55 am

have you completed the game more than once? cause it seems to take an average of how much gold you made overall in your whole game process and compare it to gold left divided by gold gained during the game play from teh beginning of current story line times the overall average of gold gained in all storylines you played.

cause for me its just been adding up like i have posted
Darkbalmunk
Might just like this board

Unread postby Comazon » July 11th, 2008, 9:25 am

Whoops, sorry. I deleted my post hoping no one would read it in time. I was thinking there was a chance I may have miscounted a zero or something, so I wanted to test it again before going against what you said. :oops:

The equation you wrote above is confusing me horribly. Is just the "gold left" being divided, or is it "average of how much gold overall - gold left"? And is there any difference between "average of how much gold you made overall in your whole game process" and "the overall average of gold gained in all storylines you played"? I'm so lost. ~_~

And, kind of off-topic, but does the starting gold cap out at 32k? I started my last two games with that amount. :\
Comazon

Unread postby Phlebas » July 11th, 2008, 11:48 am

Yeah, it might actually go over that but the total gold you can hold is capped at 32k - if you get that during game you may as well buy some consumables to make more room for incoming cash.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Darkbalmunk » July 11th, 2008, 4:50 pm

the gold think might be a bunch of random math
but what i was thinking was the amount of gold you made in that path divided by how much you made taht whole time such as going through aoi path
then they make a percent by dividing that by how much you made overall to that point since you started
then multiply that taht with the average of gold you made

but for me it seems to add the cost of the bath + oven or previous game finishing gold amount. cause first time through i made 8300 gold (damn bath) then the next game through i gained 8600 including the 300 from the headmaster's room.
then the next time i got 13000, 9000 of the bath 1000 for the oven and apperently got my 3000 gold back from the game before.
Darkbalmunk

Unread postby Tsukino_Miyabi » July 13th, 2008, 9:40 am

well i still dont really get the way it works but i got 18k+ at the start of my 2nd run after finishing the game once, even though i had to fix the floor 3 times the 1st time i played through
Tsukino_Miyabi
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Darkbalmunk » July 14th, 2008, 2:07 am

ok not 100% sure on this
but my math sumhow came straight on my 3rd and 4th run through sorta

it adds cost of carpantry + remaining cash multiplies it by run throughs

if u gain any more gold and hand it to the sensei seems to multiply it
i got money from sewers and forest and i got it before opening for 20k and went back to prologue to try again wihtout grabbing them and got 9k
Darkbalmunk

Previous

Return to Men at Work! 2 Chat