When can you build that darn 9k bath? (SPOILERS)

Talk about Men at Work! 2 related topics here.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby teiglin » July 5th, 2008, 2:58 pm

On my second time, I didn't get anything from the envelope beyond what I ended with on the first play through (same as you, 7k and change). I just started my third game, we'll see how much I get this time. :)

Maybe there is some bonus for 100% taming or other sub-goals completed during first game? I barely bothered to tame any monsters at all since I hardly use Mena to fight.
teiglin
Might just like this board

Unread postby Comazon » July 5th, 2008, 3:42 pm

Let me know if you get the extra gold or not.

In any case, you're probably right about a condition needing to be cleared. I wonder what it is...

Edit: I just started it up for the third time and got 17k, so meh, whatever. :)
Comazon

Unread postby teiglin » July 6th, 2008, 12:04 am

I got 32k on my third time, so I have no idea how it decides. :/
teiglin

Unread postby Comazon » July 6th, 2008, 12:11 am

You jumped from 7k to 32k in one run? Crazy. :lol:
Comazon

Unread postby Phlebas » July 6th, 2008, 10:30 am

As far as I can tell from first 3 routes, money will never be a problem - the constructable for Aoi's path costs mere 500, and the money you get each run easily keeps going up unless you buy insane amounts of consumables (I probably put some 10k into them every run altho I rarely use them - Aoi route boss was pretty much the first time I seriously needed them at all), still got 32k on 4th time (which seems to be the max btw since I got it twice now). I think 7k+ what you previously had can be established, seems to correlate with all of my runs so far.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Comazon » July 6th, 2008, 4:50 pm

I'm starting to buy items in the hopes of speeding up the game a little (primarily pepper, so I don't have to wait to regain force as often). Hopefully it won't break the bank. >>;;
Comazon

Unread postby fayzai » July 7th, 2008, 6:04 am

Comazon wrote:
Edit: I just started it up for the third time and got 17k, so meh, whatever. :)

Comazon, I seem to have had the same problem that you had. I only got the 6000 I had from the first try plus the 300 that was in the safe. You seem to have fixed this problem but I'm not really understanding exactly what you meant by "started it up". Did you reload the save game near it and progress to the same spot, or did you restart the game and progress to the same spot? I guess you can say I'm greedy for wanting more than the 6300 that I'm given XD I was wondering if you could help me on this since it seems you have solved your problem. Thanks in advance =)
fayzai

Unread postby Comazon » July 7th, 2008, 6:54 am

Sorry for the confusion. I meant that I beat the game a second time, then proceeded to play it the third time where I was given 17k. I was not able to get more than the 7.7k I was given for the second time (unlike other people here, apparently). :\

For me, it pretty much went like this:
1st time I played (Mena): No money (obvious)
2nd time I played (Lucy): 7.7k (pretty much what I had at the end of the first run)
3rd time I played (Kitty): 17k (I think I got an extra 5-7k bonus, but I'm not 100% sure)

So long story short I still don't know how to get more money.

However, I do have a strong suspicion that the amount of additional money you're given is partially determined by how much money you ended the previous game with (sorry if that's overly wordy). I say this because when I finished Kitty's path I had less than 100 Gold (I <3 pepper ^^''), and when I started the 4th run I was only granted a 1k bonus. Since this was downright horrible, I went back and completed Kitty's route with about 9k (bought a lot less pepper), so hopefully I'll see a bigger bonus during my 4th run. I'll keep you posted if that makes a difference or not.
Comazon

Unread postby fayzai » July 7th, 2008, 8:34 am

okay thanks a lot =) I just started my second time around (i'm about to go hunt for pumpkin seeds). Hopefully when I play the third time around, I'll get more money XD it would totally suck if i didn't >.>
fayzai

Unread postby fayzai » July 8th, 2008, 2:19 am

I have a question. Does the bath carry over to the next time you play? If not, then I really shouldn't buy it right away right? If it does carry over, that'd be great and problem solved, but if it doesn't, is there a "best" time that I should buy it?
fayzai

Unread postby Comazon » July 8th, 2008, 3:19 am

It does not carry over, so I'd strongly recommend against getting it late in the game because you'll miss out on a lot of scenes and potentially find yourself broke the next time you play.

As for the best time, I'd say the earlier the better (with ONE exception). The reason why you should is because a lot of scenes take place in the bath as the plot progresses and you'll miss out on them if you build it too late.

The one exception is that you may only be able to get a certain CG if you build it first thing in Chapter 3, assuming I'm reading my Japanese walkthrough correctly. Actually I'd love some confirmation on this. Did anyone get CG 1p:2-1 (it's a Kitty + Lucy CG) with a bath built BEFORE chapter 3? If so, then there's no reason not to build the bath ASAP (unless you're saving money for the oven or something). =p
Comazon

Unread postby fayzai » July 8th, 2008, 3:28 am

aw, it should carry over =( just like how health should be refilled when someone levels! >.> I feel like if I buy it now..I'll end up being broke the next time around I play. That shouldn't be a problem right? I'm afraid to miss scenes too =( like i mentioned earlier, I only received 6300 in total from the safe/emergency money so it's hard to buy the bath until later..what should I do then? Am I already missing crucial scenes? ( I beat Lucy the first time around and now I'm chapter 2 trying to beat mena). I hope I'm not missing scenes =(
fayzai

Unread postby Comazon » July 8th, 2008, 3:44 am

Well for my second time, I waited until Chapter 3 to build a bath (I wanted that CG =P), and I was still able to have plenty of gold for the third time. How far are you right now?

Just to make myself clear, when I say you'll miss scenes that does not mean you'll miss H-Scenes or CGs (as long as you build it at the start of Chapter 3 for ANY path). What I mean are the little dialogue scenes that take place between the girls. Some people may not care about that, some people do. Maybe I'll go back and redo Lucy's and Mena's routes just to see the scenes, but it might not be worth it. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. :\
Comazon

Unread postby fayzai » July 8th, 2008, 3:54 am

I'm in chapter 2 right now. The morning after benjamin's servant pretends to be a ghost and sheryl ends up joining the household.

ohh..so it shouldn't be that bad. I'll try to build it soon, I guess. I only have 7000 something right now =\ almost there!
fayzai

Unread postby Comazon » July 8th, 2008, 4:03 am

I say if you get 9000 by the beginning of Chapter 3, buy the bath. Or you can just wait to buy the bath next time, it's really up to you. :)

Off-topic general note: Remember when I said this?
However, I do have a strong suspicion that the amount of additional money you're given is partially determined by how much money you ended the previous game with.

I really think it's true now. As I said earlier, when I beat the game broke I was only given a 1k bonus. Since that was horrible, I reloaded the game and beat it with 9k left, and got a 10K bonus. Much much improved. ^_^
Comazon

Unread postby fayzai » July 8th, 2008, 4:31 am

I guess I'll just buy the bath ASAP. I mean, what's the worse that could happen? =P

About your quote, I think it is true. I beat the first game with 6000..and in the second game, I found 300 in the safe and the emergency funds were 6000..so I guess that's how it works =)
fayzai

Unread postby Multi » July 10th, 2008, 10:34 am

I'm missing the lucy + kitty cg 2-1. I figured it had to do with the bath somehow from the jp walkthrough page i was using. I haven't bothered to figure out the specifics, but I assume that I need to NOT build the bath before some point, since after my first playthrough I built the bath first thing every time in ch1, though that makes me wonder why I didn't get that scene my first time through since I didn't build the bath at all then. I guess I needed to go to the bathhouse or furo at home or something? The walkthrough I used didn't mention it in mena's path at all, but it had a note about cg completion on the main page that I didn't think was important until after I finished :/

Strangely enough, I didn't get mena's last h-scene my first time through either. I went back and got it because i was like, "i bet it's something stupid like blah blah blah" and I was right, but I wonder why i didn't trigger it my first time through. I must've accidentally skipped one of the days on the walkthrough I used i guess, or it maybe doesn't trigger on the first time through, I dunno.

As far as I can tell with the large bath though, there aren't any char specific dialogues until ch4? And it's usually just 1 mentioning something about your carnal relationship with whoever you ended up with I think. So if you've seen all the scenes from ch1-3 once, and don't think you'll miss seeing them again, feel free to not build it until later. Someone should confirm this though.
Multi
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Comazon » July 10th, 2008, 2:24 pm

Multi wrote:I'm missing the lucy + kitty cg 2-1.

I tried see the Kitty + Lucy CG again after building the bath as soon as I could (beginning of Chapter 1), and I believe I was unable to. So yeah, I guess you have to build it at the start of Chapter 3.

Multi wrote:I must've accidentally skipped one of the days on the walkthrough I used i guess, or it maybe doesn't trigger on the first time through, I dunno.

Your latter assumption is correct. I'm fairly sure you can't get all of Mena's CGs in your first run.

Multi wrote:As far as I can tell with the large bath though, there aren't any char specific dialogues until ch4? And it's usually just 1 mentioning something about your carnal relationship with whoever you ended up with I think. So if you've seen all the scenes from ch1-3 once, and don't think you'll miss seeing them again, feel free to not build it until later. Someone should confirm this though.

Hmm, I think at least Chapter 3 has some character-specific dialogues (I know Aoi's path did). You may be right for Chapters 1-2 though. I'll try to be more observant.
Comazon

Unread postby EdenB » July 11th, 2008, 1:03 am

Comazon wrote:I tried see the Kitty + Lucy CG again after building the bath as soon as I could (beginning of Chapter 1), and I believe I was unable to. So yeah, I guess you have to build it at the start of Chapter 3.

Just tried it out and confirmed it. Built first thing in chapter one and didn't get it, but built first thing in chapter 3 and I got it. It's the one of...

Kitty and Lucy drinking milk/fruit milk wearing towels. I think it shows Lucy's part of it in her ending credits.

I think you only get the Kitty + Mena CG by having the bath built before then though.
EdenB
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Darkbalmunk » July 11th, 2008, 3:35 am

the gold that you get depends on what u end with
my first play through i gained around 8k
2nd play through i recieved the 8k + the vault and bought the 9k bath 1k oven and ended with 3k
3rd play through i gained 13k + vault so it was basicly 9kbath+1koven+what i had at end game

thats what decides your gold
Darkbalmunk

PreviousNext

Return to Men at Work! 2 Chat