Lol @ Golem (minor spoilers?)

Talk about Men at Work! 2 related topics here.

Moderator: Staffers

Lol @ Golem (minor spoilers?)

Unread postby Phlebas » July 3rd, 2008, 1:33 pm

Just fought a normal Golem mob in the castle in chapter 4. Man that was driving me nuts, I wish you could see enemy remaining hp :D. Other monsters in the area have ~300hp, so expected this to have something like 600, maybe up to 1k. So I fought.. and fought... and fought. I didn't count the damage but I must've done at least 10k plain damage to it, always hoping the next attack will be the last. Finally poisoned him... to see the poison tick at 666 damage :D. With that he died in a few more turns, but that fight sure made me doubt my sanity - probably took me over 10 minutes to beat him down without even having to spend much time healing. I hope I won't run into them again.
(Edit: confirmed the hp at around 10k by fighting him again with poison, man that makes me wonder if he just doesn't have 1 digit too many in his hp by accident :D)
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby animeotakusama » July 7th, 2008, 7:09 am

Used ice spells, freeze the golem and the battle is won.

no need to run thru his 10k HP

usually frozen by the 3rd cast, sometimes quicker.
animeotakusama
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Phlebas » July 7th, 2008, 7:17 am

Or petrify/instakill :P But obviously wanted to see just how much hp he has after fighting so long. I do think it's kinda funny to find a normal monster with more health than any boss in the game, though.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Akures » July 7th, 2008, 2:00 pm

oO Never encountered such a Golem in the Castle. Does such thing comes in a 2nd+ walkthrough?
The only Golem i saw in the Castle had 600-700 HP.
But after i did saw this 40HP Mob of Sylphs, and something else, in the Woods-Training/Taiming-Ground in Chapter 4 i think someone messed up the HP digits.
Akures
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Phlebas » July 7th, 2008, 2:15 pm

It's a brown Golem Titan that comes with 2 humanoids, think Gnomes. It appears at least in the first section when you enter from the main door.

(Edit: just got to the castle again and encountered one, it's a Titan instead of Golem like I remembered, sorry my bad if this caused confusion.)
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Return to Men at Work! 2 Chat