MAW2 Bug Report [v1.0]

Talk about Men at Work! 2 related topics here.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Ephyon » July 26th, 2008, 1:26 am

-WinXP Pro
-1GB RAM
-MAW4 Special Edition
-nVidia GeForce 7300 GS (Driver ver. 175.19)
-Realtek HD Audio 5.10.00.5211

Aside from battle shouts and the like, I can't hear any voices. SFX and music all work perfectly fine, but I can't hear anyone speak outside of battle.

Already checked that voices for all characters are enabled and the volume for them. All enabled and at max volume. Not a peep.
Ephyon
Might just like this board

Unread postby Maes » July 28th, 2008, 2:30 am

The installer is spitting this at me when I try and install the game:
Create uninstaller
Install font
Extract Readme.txt
Extract Liner Notes.txt
Extract maw2-english.exe
Extract game00.dat
Create saves
Copy files from DVD

Installation failed

Then a popop comes up and says "File copying failed, please restart the installation procedure."

I can install it in japanese just fine, so I'm thinking the installer just hates me. Any suggestions?

RAM: 1GB DDR
Game Version: MAW4 SE
Vid Card(not that I think it matters for this paticular error): ATI Radeon X800 Pro
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » July 28th, 2008, 4:33 pm

Maes wrote:Then a popop comes up and says "File copying failed, please restart the installation procedure."

I can install it in japanese just fine, so I'm thinking the installer just hates me. Any suggestions?

Could you please join #mirrormoon on irc.irchighway.net and poke me about this? We will need to find the cause of this before I can fix it.

Unread postby handey » August 5th, 2008, 3:35 pm

i have exactly the same problem as maes.
i'm running polish locale xp on an acer aspire 5315 laptop;

i tried running the installer through japanese applocale, but it didn't change anything.
handey
Addict

Unread postby Message » August 6th, 2008, 7:07 am

I still haven't heard back from Maes. handey, could you perhaps join IRC?

Unread postby bemcth » August 6th, 2008, 9:07 pm

Whenever I start the game I get this error.

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library
Debug Assertion Failed!
Program: C:\Program Files\Men at Work! 2 English\maw2 ?english.exe
File: fopen.c
Line: 54

Expression: *file != _T(?0?)

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

If I hit ignore a lot of times I can start the game but if I start in full screen it randomly crashes. If I get it to start in full screen it crashes when I start a battle map where you get to walk around. When I switch characters in battle it randomly crashes. When I go to cg, scene, and music viewer and go into the menu on the battle map it crashes but if I run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 98/Me with Disabled visual themes it let me view them but all the other problem still happen. Also before all the crashes the same debug error appears.

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3
RAM: Intel Celeron CPU 2.40GHz 2.39GHz, 768 MB of RAM
Game Version: MAW3
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Driver Version: 6.14.11.7516
bemcth
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ferios » August 7th, 2008, 1:46 am

Hey, I'm having the same problem as Maes and handey above. I'll lurk around on IRC channel to see if we can work it out, chief.
Ferios
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » August 7th, 2008, 5:08 pm

Thanks to Ferios' help the problem reported by Maes, handey and him has been resolved. The fix has been implemented for next version, for now the problem can be circumvented by installing the Japanese game first and then running the English installer to patch that install.

Unread postby Maes » August 8th, 2008, 10:37 am

Sorry, I've been busy as of late with work related stuff and just didn't have the time to sit down and troubleshoot with you. I could've sworn that I tried installing to the japanese install directory and it not recognizing that I had it installed at all... but it appears I was mistaken as it worked fine just now patching the japanese install. I feel rather stupid now.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lockey » August 10th, 2008, 10:07 am

for some reasons, the battle screen and dungeon view is all black and i cant see any characters or the area.

during the prologue battle, the "fight" text and the damage numbers also stay on the screen

*fixed*

it seem the problem happen if you alt-tab

exiting and restarting the game seem to be working
lockey
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » August 10th, 2008, 7:47 pm

lockey wrote:it seem the problem happen if you alt-tab

exiting and restarting the game seem to be working

Read the readme?

Unread postby otakuhime » August 21st, 2008, 2:39 am

rarar wrote:Um, this is probably more of a vista problem, but whenever I try to run the installer it keeps complaining about running with administrator privileges, even though I rightclicked and did a Run as Administrator

Windows Vista Home Premium
2.5 GB RAM
MAW4
Nvidia? Err not really sure about my drivers but I don't think that's the problem

I had the same problem but I figured it out; in case any other vista users have the same problem ~ when you select run as administrator also check the compatibility mode for Windows XP.
otakuhime
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » August 21st, 2008, 7:50 am

Oh, I missed that... I would definitely need to fix that. Do you people have UAC enabled, or disabled? What exactly happens?

Unread postby yoggie » November 18th, 2008, 3:26 pm

Game is made my windows when doing "DUAL ATTACK" of Cliff + Lucy, the others "DUAL ATTACK" are worked fine.

Specification :
Cel 2.4Ghz
ATI Radeon 9500 with latest driver 8.5.3.0
Windows XP SP3
yoggie
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Nalmar » January 7th, 2009, 3:57 am

I know I'm a little late on the bug topics, but I thought I'd add in my experience. I recently bought the MAW collection and used the MAW2 patch. For the past few days I have experienced the random crashes (particularly in dungeons) that others have described, as well as markers disappearing randomly. After trying several things ranging from disabling sound to adjusting resolution I finally found what stablized the game for me.

Under the control panel, Regional and Language Options on Win XP in the advanced tab I switched non-unicode programs to run in Japanese. I did not need to change any other options (regional options and input are still in English). After making the change there was a noticably smoother camera panning rate in dungeons and no further crashes, even with full sound. If anyone is still having problems, try changing that and see if it helps.
Nalmar
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby NonExistence » February 4th, 2009, 4:20 am

yoggie wrote:Game is made my windows when doing "DUAL ATTACK" of Cliff + Lucy, the others "DUAL ATTACK" are worked fine.

Specification :
Cel 2.4Ghz
ATI Radeon 9500 with latest driver 8.5.3.0
Windows XP SP3

same w/ me. dual attacking w/ lucy has consistently driven my computer to such despair that it starts to physical dump its memory. every time i try it. it's getting just the slightest bit frustrating after it's happened for the 8th time... risking complete compy destruction each time...

my specs:
Athlon 64 X2 dual core 4600+ (2.41Ghz)
2GB RAM
xp media centre edition sp3
NVIDIA Gforce 7300 LE
MAW4 disc

any suggestions?
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Re: MAW2 Bug Report [v1.0]

Unread postby Megaflamer » December 12th, 2009, 8:11 pm

im also having the dual attack problem with lucy, so far nothing i try helps.

im using the maw4 one
Megaflamer
Totally hardly posted

Re:

Unread postby bugmenot » May 2nd, 2010, 5:55 pm

bemcth wrote:Whenever I start the game I get this error.

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library
Debug Assertion Failed!
Program: C:\Program Files\Men at Work! 2 English\maw2 ?english.exe
File: fopen.c
Line: 54

Expression: *file != _T(?0?)

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

If I hit ignore a lot of times I can start the game but if I start in full screen it randomly crashes. If I get it to start in full screen it crashes when I start a battle map where you get to walk around. When I switch characters in battle it randomly crashes. When I go to cg, scene, and music viewer and go into the menu on the battle map it crashes but if I run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 98/Me with Disabled visual themes it let me view them but all the other problem still happen. Also before all the crashes the same debug error appears.

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3
RAM: Intel Celeron CPU 2.40GHz 2.39GHz, 768 MB of RAM
Game Version: MAW3
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Driver Version: 6.14.11.7516

Make sure there is a file named "maw2.log" in the same directory as "maw2-english.exe" (by default: "C:\Program Files\Men at Work! 2 English\" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Men at Work! 2 English\").
P.S. In my case the game didn'talso need the compatibility mode to run (without it was not displaying characters and was crashing after every battle - Vista 32bit) after I made the file (deleted it to save space ...).
bugmenot
Totally hardly posted

Re:

Unread postby kctempest » August 2nd, 2010, 8:43 pm

Ephyon wrote:-WinXP Pro
-1GB RAM
-MAW4 Special Edition
-nVidia GeForce 7300 GS (Driver ver. 175.19)
-Realtek HD Audio 5.10.00.5211

Aside from battle shouts and the like, I can't hear any voices. SFX and music all work perfectly fine, but I can't hear anyone speak outside of battle.

Already checked that voices for all characters are enabled and the volume for them. All enabled and at max volume. Not a peep.

I have this same problem and this was not answered still.

My Specs
-Win 7 x64 Ultimate
-nVidia Geforce GTS 250 (latest driver)
-Realtek HD Audio (latest drivers)

I checked the log and its pretty straight forward that I am missing the voice folder entirely.....but I downloaded the game and it was already english patched and I believe I read somewhere that for MAW2 english patch to be applied you will need the fully voiced version? If so, then either I downloaded a version where someone decided to be dumb and not think to pack the voice folder than upload the torrent or I am mistaken about the fully voiced only version being able to be english patched. If so, can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can get the correct version then.

[- User was banned for this post - Violates warez clause of the forum rules. -TheXev]
kctempest
Totally hardly posted

Re: MAW2 Bug Report [v1.0]

Unread postby haremGamer » August 26th, 2011, 1:04 am

Anytime I use de Dual Attack the game screen goes all black and I can't see the attack, I just can listen to the characters and the sound effects. It's very depressing... T_T ¿Does anyone know how to fix this especific problem? if is about codecs i can download them...

I have a Windows XP SP3 with 3 GB RAM, enough disc space to play whatever I want. The C directory has more than 30 GB free and I have download the ingeo program and the Combined Community Codec Pack, the dfshow, directx 9 the last version for Win XP but I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO... T_T

If somebody knows how to fix this problem PLEASE HELPME!!!... T_T

Greetings,
haremGamer
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to Men at Work! 2 Chat