Translators needed!

Moderator: Staffers

Translators needed!

Unread postby Daichi » August 17th, 2004, 9:51 pm

We really need more hands in translation over here. Arcturus Chinese game isn't quite up to par in terms of the original Korean text. So I'm thinking that we might have to idle the project for a while unless we can get a new Translator. And I would hate to do this too you guys right after we update the Arcturus section. If you can translate Japanese or Korean at a reasonable speed, send me an email or join the chat room so we can keep Arcturus on the move. If we idle Arcturus I'll be putting more effort into keeping the other projects going and maybe we will start a smaller project. Or we can just keep working on Arcturus the way it is, but I fear some original meaning might be lost. I'm not sure right now. But wish us luck!

Btw, we don't just need translators for Arcturus; we need assistance on most everything else, namely Farland Symphony.
Daichi
Mazin Go!

Unread postby AznTyrant256 » August 17th, 2004, 9:59 pm

yeah the chinese version of Arcturus is very poorly translated and not only that alot of context was also lost during the process of Korean ---> Chinese translation. I noticed that from several of the files and in comparing to the japanese translation it is almost COMPLETELY different in terms of context and original meaning. So I'm doing the best I can trying to give it personality and improvision to make things make sense, if that make sense to anyone :P. I do however believe a good localization is better than be LITERAL to the original translation. So if anyone wants to help feel free.
Your MOM!
AznTyrant256
Might just like this board

Unread postby TheXev » August 18th, 2004, 12:15 am

Yes, right now we really need anyone possible that is willing to work on Farland Symphony. With some good translators, we could easily finish the game quickly.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby sssssz » August 18th, 2004, 10:12 pm

Maybe I could help... I speak perfect Korean (supposedly. I lived in Korea for 15 years.) Though I don't speak perfect English. The tests said I speak fluent, but not perfect yet.. But I think I can translate Arcturus text well.
sssssz
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Guest » August 18th, 2004, 11:10 pm

awsome guess u can do arcturus then lol

Unread postby Daichi » August 21st, 2004, 9:51 am

Still on the look for other potential translators everyone.

-Daichi :roll:
Daichi
Mazin Go!

Unread postby AznTyrant256 » August 27th, 2004, 7:58 pm

yeah I quit!
Your MOM!
AznTyrant256

Unread postby Zoel » August 29th, 2004, 3:36 am

"hope you'll be back next summer." The Translation seem to flow smoothly when you're around ( well of course the progress wasn't much But it was a great addition.)
Zoel

Unread postby AznTyrant256 » August 30th, 2004, 2:17 am

not entirely off the hook, since the project could use multiple translators, the horrendous translation of the chinese version makes me less motivated to do it.

some much content is missing and some much content is used out of the context of the original korean version. so I dont know how complete the translation will be, nor do I want people who will be playing game having the misconception of us doing a shitty job, I am very much a perfectionist; since I've played many rpgs, I learned that RPG has its own type of "dialogue", converting a badly translate game to a game with decent dialogue and keeps the game flowing is a hard task. So dont know if I'll be able to do that til Daichi find another main translator or until he gives me the pink slip XDj/k.
Your MOM!
AznTyrant256

Unread postby Guest » September 6th, 2004, 10:41 pm

Just a li'l question...

I have a doubt with all of this... the translation will be done based on the Korean, the Japanese or the Chinese version?

Unread postby Guest » September 8th, 2004, 2:36 am

and the answer is....
it was based on chinese version, but after I found out how horrendiously translated it was, Dai decided to get Korean translators so now its based on korean version

Unread postby beodewd » September 24th, 2004, 6:56 pm

I can translate Japanese, Im not fluent but I do play alot of original japanese version RPGs and understand like 90% of the storyline so I think I am good enough, If interested just send me an email at mjezewski@comcast.net and tell me what to do.
beodewd
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby JungCS » June 1st, 2008, 5:27 am

This thread is quite old isn't it... but anyways i think my korean is good enough to help out
JungCS
Posting more than n00bs

Return to Announcements