Melty Blood English v1.5 release!

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Ryuusoul » April 30th, 2007, 2:40 am

Duct tape works pretty well... No, I'm serious, I've heard stories of people breaking disks in half then using them after taping them back up. It won't look pretty though.

That sounds like an Arcueid solution.

I just read through one path, and I have to say it's really well done so far. I haven't noticed any bugs or typos, and the text sounds more natural than Tsukihime (though that may just be me getting used to Nasuism). Good job everyone.anyone knows how to fix a cd that got snapped?

Heh. The Japanese text for Melty Blood IS far more natural than Tsukihime's Japanese text.

Requiem001 wrote:Wait, so Re-ACT Final Tuned will definitely NOT work with any of the patches at all correct?

No, a patch for the ReAct expansion will not work with an installer for the original game.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Okay MBRFT

Unread postby Orthanos » April 30th, 2007, 4:55 am

so any idea when the patch will work for MBRFT cus i bought it like a few months ago in antisipation and the patch tells me the cd isnt the right cd.

So my question is will there be a release for the Melty Blood that is installed with ReAct Final Tune and when it will come out or if soon? Just wondering, because i read some of the translated manga and it is like half way if that a third through the main story of Melty Blood.
Orthanos
Totally hardly posted

Re: Okay MBRFT

Unread postby rhosangjin » April 30th, 2007, 5:18 am

Orthanos wrote:so any idea when the patch will work for MBRFT cus i bought it like a few months ago in antisipation and the patch tells me the cd isnt the right cd.

So my question is will there be a release for the Melty Blood that is installed with ReAct Final Tune and when it will come out or if soon? Just wondering, because i read some of the translated manga and it is like half way if that a third through the main story of Melty Blood.

I'm having the exact same problem. I own MBFRT and it tells me it isn't the right CD... T___T.. I hope a patch will come out so we can install the patch for MB on the CD, or a solution to this problem.
rhosangjin
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby WanderingShell » April 30th, 2007, 6:59 am

very good work n thousands on thx to revolve on this release
so the patch is only for melty blood which means its not gonna work if we play story mode in ReAct?
WanderingShell
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Atvaark » April 30th, 2007, 8:52 am

well, ordered a new copy, so all's fine i guess. can't wait to try it out. anyone can post pictures of how it looks now? i have to wait for a good 3 days before i get my new copy.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby JOEIV » April 30th, 2007, 9:01 am

Great job :D :D :D
Thank you very much :wink:
JOEIV
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby raidragon » April 30th, 2007, 11:50 am

sorry if this is a noob question...but how to save the game in story mode?
raidragon
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby marus » April 30th, 2007, 10:19 pm

KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

NOOOOO!!!!!

Unread postby Orthanos » May 1st, 2007, 1:35 pm

http://www.revolve-trans.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=560

This is telling me i Bought a botleg version of both games!!!!

SO DOES THAT MEAN I CANT INSTALL THE PATCH?

DOES THAT MEAN I WASTED MY MONEY BUYING IT?

WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS?

I CANT FIND MB IN ANY STORE NOW!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

It looked like the real deal when i installed it though and the menu and title patch worked with it from before? did i really buy a bootleg version?

I am so confused.
Orthanos
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atvaark » May 1st, 2007, 3:02 pm

hum, can i ask why you took this to the announcement section since there was already a thread started about this?

most places that sell the game and are out of stock at the moment support back order, just wait for it. at least you can still play the japanese game with your bootleg. duct tape does not work...and since i was stupid enough to uninstall the game before taking it out of it's case, blame's on me. Act like an adult, i know it sucks being ripped off, but speaking in all caps in the main section of a forum ain't gonna help you.
Atvaark
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sh1k1 » May 1st, 2007, 9:41 pm

Hello, everyone. This is my first post here, and I seem to be in the same situation as my fellow Orthanos.

I bought a Melty Blood Re-ACT Final Tuned DVD. The thing looked quite original, with a professional-looking case featuring official artwork (it even had Type Moon copyright notices and all), and the disc itself looked quite original too, as well as (most surprisingly) the manual (excellent quality paper, high quality prints... if you saw it, you'd think it was done by Capcom or some of those guys). Now that I re-check everything, the manual was evidently ripped from the HTML manual included with the game installation, and I just found out that most official artwork used on the stuff can be acquired either through online searches or ripping images from the game itself.

Now that the background's set, allow me to ask my question.

I did a small check with some apps I normally use, and checked the handles of both games (MB and MBRFT). As far as my tests went, and as far as I'm concerned (at least for the moment), both executables grab almost exactly the same files (MB grabs fewer). Given that (and given the fact that some of us, at the moment, are unable to order legit copies of the game online -- at least I know I am), would there be any way of grabbing the files overwritten by the translation patch and copy them over to an already working installation of the game? In other words, would there be a way of making the patch work with the installed game instead of needing the original disc? Atvaark provided us with a quite common situation of losing your original disc (for all practical purposes); and I've confirmed that copying an entire working installation over to another computer works perfectly fine without having to reinstall the entire game. (That's actually how I've been able to keep my PC Metal Gear Solid game and saves since around 2004, because my CDs got scratched by the cat and won't read anymore. Don't ask.)

I know most people probably hate reading these kinds of walls of text (I do), but sometimes they're necessary. Apologies in advance. :(

So, in short: Any way to install the patch to an already working game installation without needing the CD?
Sh1k1
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » May 2nd, 2007, 3:20 am

DominicanZero wrote:So, in short: Any way to install the patch to an already working game installation without needing the CD?

We have no plans to distribute a rared version of our patch like we have in the past. This is to force people to use legitimate media (1), and to help people who cannot operate the original Japanese installer actually be able to install the game correctly (2)(aiding in ReACT being able to be installed correctly). The patch replaces the Japanese patch, which is not required for ReACT to operate. The ReACT patch will be for Final Tuned only, and will require you to have Final Tuned available on your machine. the installer will ask for the CD, and then the exe file for Final Tuned (2.501c). The official Final Tuned CD will not be supported, due to the extensive changes between the FT CD (2.500) and the last Final Tuned release (2.501c).
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Ciel » May 2nd, 2007, 5:46 am

Wait. There's a 2.501c now? I looked for it recently but all I saw was 2.501b, and that's also what I have in my version.

Or am I just too far behind? :P

Also link plz. :o
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Flamby » May 2nd, 2007, 1:27 pm

Nice job guys!!!
Flamby
Might just like this board

Unread postby Message » May 2nd, 2007, 4:18 pm

Ciel wrote:Wait. There's a 2.501c now? I looked for it recently but all I saw was 2.501b, and that's also what I have in my version.

I think that should be 2.501b, at least the official file name is mbr2501ft2.exe.

Unread postby TheXev » May 2nd, 2007, 4:23 pm

Message wrote:
Ciel wrote:Wait. There's a 2.501c now? I looked for it recently but all I saw was 2.501b, and that's also what I have in my version.

I think that should be 2.501b, at least the official file name is mbr2501ft2.exe.

Yeah, your right. I made a boo boo.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Sh1k1 » May 2nd, 2007, 5:54 pm

TheXev wrote:[...] This is to force people to use legitimate media (1) [...]
Understandable.

TheXev wrote:[...] and to help people who cannot operate the original Japanese installer actually be able to install the game correctly (2) [...]
Understandable as well.

Oh well, it seems it's gonna take me another year before I play this game in english (save up enough in my international debit card for a legit copy of the game, for shipping & handling, and additional expenses). And here I was all pumped up. ;_;
Sh1k1
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby MadCap_Laughing » May 2nd, 2007, 10:17 pm

geez i dont check the boards for one day and u guys release MB patch...u guys r sooo awesome!!!! keep up the good work
MadCap_Laughing
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby grayfox » May 27th, 2007, 2:40 pm

Thanks for the update.

TheXev wrote:We have no plans to distribute a rared version of our patch like we have in the past. This is to force people to use legitimate media (1), and to help people who cannot operate the original Japanese installer actually be able to install the game correctly (2)(aiding in ReACT being able to be installed correctly)

Yeah ReACT is a pain to install correctly (I use a trick to copy the content of the installer to play it). Great that you guys make the patch that way. But to be honest if you use the installer to force ppl to use legitimate media then it's not enough as most installer can be open as a compressed file.
grayfox
Totally hardly posted

Previous

Return to Announcements