Forum is back online! Welcome to phpBB 3.0

Moderator: Staffers

Forum is back online! Welcome to phpBB 3.0

Unread postby TheXev » May 4th, 2009, 12:52 am

Well, sorry for the long delay in getting the forum back up. Yeah, it was down due to a simple software upgrade. Lots of hitches and fixes... I'm sure everything is far from perfect yet.
The main reason for this upgrade was for security reasons. phpBB 2.0 is no longer being supported and the last thing we want is some Brazilian script kiddie coming around and defacing the forum (*coughDaichicough*).

This is a list of changes from phpBB 2.x that I can list on the top of my head. Ones in color are NOT open to debate from users:
  • All Passwords must now be complex. You will be prompted to change your password when you log in.
  • User names may not contain Unicode characters. This means only roman characters, numbers, and spacers. Anyone who is in violation of this may message me or any other admin to change your username.
  • Other changes to come, none of which people will like. [Message, we'll go over everything we plan here after a staff meeting]

As far as known issues [meaning PLEASE do not mention these as bugs, since we already know about them. We're working on it.]:
  • phpBB 3.0 mirrormoon forum theme. Yes, we don't like the current theme.
  • 5/3 - Smiles are not working correctly yet.
  • 5/3 - Posting seems slow. FIXED 5/3 - TheXev
  • 5/3 - Admin/Global Mods colors are not showing up correctly for everyone. However, your privileges should be of the correct level.
  • 5/3 - Many post/private messages/signatures/etc/email settings many not have proper encoding. Please correct or edit your own post/private messages/signatures/etc to correct these issues if you see them. I recommend all users to check all of your profile changes upon first log-in.
  • 5/4 - Imagines inside of spoilers are not displaying correctly.

I would like all users to list any issues not currently listed. I will be updating the list of issues with status. Please do not repost an issue if it has already been posted or is listed in this post.

Please leave any feedback, suggestions, and bug reports in relation to the forum here.

PS - Congrats to phib for causing the final converter to fail. Yes, the forum might have been up last week... but I had to track down phib's evA1 post.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Re: Forum is back online! Welcome to phpBB 3.0

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 4th, 2009, 11:32 am

Well feels good to see that this place is back up and runing though. In any case I've kind of seen this setup on another board site I tend to wonder over to every now and again. In any case I hope we can have the chance to have the unique look for these boards once more.

Also, it seems the pics that were quoted in the Unlimited Pics Thread have it where you have to scroll inside the quote. So I was wondering if you knew about that one problem or not. Aisde form that nothing else to complain about though. *chuckles*
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Uberoy » May 4th, 2009, 3:10 pm

Not sure if it's supposed to be that way but Type-Moon subcategory is now called Type. If its changed on purpose; why?
Uberoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » May 4th, 2009, 5:26 pm

It feels weeeird...

but I am happy that the forums are back again.

Off Topic
You can even insert offtopics now

I am not sure why though...
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby TheXev » May 4th, 2009, 9:58 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Also, it seems the pics that were quoted in the Unlimited Pics Thread have it where you have to scroll inside the quote. So I was wondering if you knew about that one problem or not. Aisde form that nothing else to complain about though. *chuckles*

Links to this stuff would help people. I'd like to remind everyone that I normally don't moderate.. so I'm not browsing topics. :/
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 4th, 2009, 10:00 pm

Ok I'm sorry about that. How about the recient page of that thread since it decribes what I mean about the whole quote bit. Also, I'm not sure if it's the same with the spoilers as of yet though.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1944&start=1760

And even though it looks like the link is cut off when I post it, it still works oddly enough.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby TheXev » May 4th, 2009, 11:00 pm

Oh, well.. that's interesting...... uh.. yeah, I'll add that to the list of issues.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Michael Nanaya » May 9th, 2009, 4:03 pm

I was missing the forum...glad it's back up and better. Thanks for all the hard work!

And yeah, I don't like this skin, it's awful -.-
Michael Nanaya
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Jatts » May 10th, 2009, 1:36 am

Nice, however it's sorta weird having the posts backwards like this. I don't know any other forum that is like this and it's kinda uncomfortable...
Jatts
Addict

Unread postby Dtrini » May 10th, 2009, 10:39 am

for a minute there thought we were going back revolve .no idea y
Dtrini
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 11th, 2009, 4:58 pm

Jatts wrote:Nice, however it's sorta weird having the posts backwards like this. I don't know any other forum that is like this and it's kinda uncomfortable...

You get used to it after a while of browsing the forums though. It's pretty much the same on another forum site that I tend to lurk every now and again.

In any case is there a chance for a mirrormoon custom view of this site in the works? By what I mean by that is more then just one alternate version.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Dark_Habit » June 19th, 2009, 6:48 pm

This forum is extremely helpful; too bad the smilies aren't working though :(
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 3rd, 2009, 5:04 am

Is there a reason why the #8 by iself shows up as an x'ed out code along with the ":" as well? I'm only asking this now sinceI wasn't sure if this was related to the smilies problem that we still have here.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby neelkamal » December 15th, 2009, 1:55 pm

HI ! everyone ,
can i get some more information on phpBB 3.0,
well thanks for such good posting.
neelkamal
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » January 31st, 2010, 8:00 pm

Forums have been moved to a new server. The site still requires some work, it should go back online before the week is out.

Edit: And the site is live, too.

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 1st, 2010, 9:32 pm

Well at least the site is now back up and running, so that's a good thing to hear.

Anyways hopefuly we'll be able to get certain functions that the boards have been missing since te 3.0 update sometime soon though.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Message » February 1st, 2010, 9:48 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Anyways hopefuly we'll be able to get certain functions that the boards have been missing since te 3.0 update sometime soon though.

Don't bet on it. These forums aren't supposed to still be open anyway.

Anyway, images are offline on the website for the moment. dovac will have probably to fix the themes manually.

Return to Announcements