The main reason for this upgrade was for security reasons. phpBB 2.0 is no longer being supported and the last thing we want is some Brazilian script kiddie coming around and defacing the forum (*coughDaichicough*).
This is a list of changes from phpBB 2.x that I can list on the top of my head. Ones in color are NOT open to debate from users:
- All Passwords must now be complex. You will be prompted to change your password when you log in.
- User names may not contain Unicode characters. This means only roman characters, numbers, and spacers. Anyone who is in violation of this may message me or any other admin to change your username.
- Other changes to come, none of which people will like. [Message, we'll go over everything we plan here after a staff meeting]
As far as known issues [meaning PLEASE do not mention these as bugs, since we already know about them. We're working on it.]:
- phpBB 3.0 mirrormoon forum theme. Yes, we don't like the current theme.
- 5/3 - Smiles are not working correctly yet.
- 5/3 - Posting seems slow. FIXED 5/3 - TheXev
- 5/3 - Admin/Global Mods colors are not showing up correctly for everyone. However, your privileges should be of the correct level.
- 5/3 - Many post/private messages/signatures/etc/email settings many not have proper encoding. Please correct or edit your own post/private messages/signatures/etc to correct these issues if you see them. I recommend all users to check all of your profile changes upon first log-in.
- 5/4 - Imagines inside of spoilers are not displaying correctly.
I would like all users to list any issues not currently listed. I will be updating the list of issues with status. Please do not repost an issue if it has already been posted or is listed in this post.
Please leave any feedback, suggestions, and bug reports in relation to the forum here.
PS - Congrats to phib for causing the final converter to fail. Yes, the forum might have been up last week... but I had to track down phib's evA1 post.