67%
I don't really care for it...
11%
Don't really care either way.
22%

Total votes : 9

New website

Unread postby TheXev » March 21st, 2006, 5:45 am

Well, I know I've been slow to post this news, but revolve has moved to new hosting and now has its very own domain name! Ladies and gentlemen I present to you:

http://www.revolve-trans.org/

Please update all your bookmarks, all that jazz, to this new location.

I'll also ask all of you how you like the new website layout! We're still working on the bugs in the old news, so bare with us while we figure everything out.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby marus » March 21st, 2006, 11:32 am

Nice job on the new site! I like the way its organized, and I haven't noticed any bugs. But, maybe you could change the color? It's probably just me, but that shade of grey is kinda depressing - maybe make it a bit lighter, or blueish (I'm not a web designer, I just don't like grey for some reason).

Oh, and you may already know this, but The Whirlpool has been replaced by Romhacking.net, incase you want to update your links.

Keep up the good work!
KATTO!
marus
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Dectilon » March 21st, 2006, 2:42 pm

Uh, I though these games were meant to be kinda depressing :)

Okay, the structuring is nice, but the logo looks like it's been done in paint.
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » March 21st, 2006, 5:53 pm

The logo sucks in IE because it can't render transparent png's. Either live with it or use a different browser. ^_^

I like the simple layout, but I find it slightly less intuitive than the previous design. It's probably the cascading menu, it works but it takes more actions to get somewhere. I'm voting 'either way'.

Unread postby Dectilon » March 21st, 2006, 6:15 pm

I'm on FireFox :)
- "I can't help to be angry when I'm furious!"
Dectilon
Crack Desu!

Unread postby TheXev » March 22nd, 2006, 12:54 pm

At least we took IE into consideration. I know chendo completely said "the hell with IE users" when he redesigned mirrormoon.org. Jagged and I spent a lot of time testing the new site design under IE and Firefox (if it works with other browsers, so be it, but I don't see the point of testing on netscape since it uses the same rendering engine as FireFox, or Opera which only appeals a few users.)

I've already checked ROMHacking.net, and it seems they updated our links. Not sure who mentioned it.. maybe Soulfang or something, he talks to those guys a lot.

As for ROMHacking.net's content, I don't mind them carrying information on our project, but I really don't see the site as being focused enough on PC translation and English translation to really warrant direct news submission (like we used to do to The Whirlpool). I seriously don't see the point in an English news site carrying news on non-English releases. I mean, I honestly can't comprehend it. This is one of the things that made The Whirlpool great. It also appears they are more focused on hacking (obviously with the name).

I guess if I was going to start a news site on translation projects, I'd dedicate it solely to carrying translation projects (and ones in English at that).

The design of the "NEWSITE" was mostly done in February of 2005, so the implementing of it was long overdue. We used the host switch over as an excuse to finally implement it.

Jagged and I also experimented with many different color schemes, and this is the one most people seemed to like best. It was a black background before, but it produced some odd problems on Daichi's monitor. So, when in doubt, blame Daichi for the choice we finally used. lol
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Message » March 22nd, 2006, 6:42 pm

TheXev wrote:I guess if I was going to start a news site on translation projects, I'd dedicate it solely to carrying translation projects (and ones in English at that).

...Which is why VisualNews.net was called into being. ^_^v

Bug?

Unread postby Shiki Tohno » March 23rd, 2006, 9:38 am

The Downloads Section won't work :(
Shiki Tohno

Yes!

Unread postby HurzGericke » March 23rd, 2006, 7:25 pm

Yes, it is true!!
I need a translation for Melty Blood, cause I'm not able to speak any word japanese!! Please work on it.
HurzGericke

Unread postby md » March 29th, 2006, 1:31 am

It'd be cool if our downloads section worked so we had somewhere to send people when they came into the channel asking for the MB english menu.
md
Crack Addic!

Downloads

Unread postby JaggedDragon » June 7th, 2006, 7:25 pm

http://www.revolve-trans.org/downloads.html

I'll fix the link when I get home... damn tracker

-Jagged
"Wenn sie lang in abgrund anstarren, die abgrund anstarren zuruck in sie" - Fredrick Neitzche
JaggedDragon
Totally hardly posted

Return to Announcements