WARNING: NO MORE SPOILING, OR WE WILL START BANNING!

Moderator: Staffers

WARNING: NO MORE SPOILING, OR WE WILL START BANNING!

Unread postby Message » October 21st, 2008, 5:46 am

Some people have been getting extremely sloppy in their spoiler masking over the past few weeks. So this is an official warning:

People, please don't force me to start another crackdown on untagged spoilers. If you do you WILL get banned, and I mean permanently.

Basically, the idea is this: Some people have not yet played Fate/stay night, or Tsukihime, or whatever game you're talking about. Don't spoil it for them.
Last edited by Message on February 5th, 2009, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postby ayadew » October 21st, 2008, 8:45 am

There's an unspoken rule too: If there's a spoiler-warning in the subject of a thread, spoiler tags are not needed for a reply regarding that particular subject.

or? =p
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » October 21st, 2008, 8:48 am

If the topic title has [spoiler] or (spoiler) in it, that whole thread is spoiler-tagged. When I say spoilers should be masked/tagged, I mean either the thread should have the tag in its title, or (the spoiling part of) the post should be within [spoil] and [/spoil] tags.

Unread postby Maes » October 21st, 2008, 11:10 am

Another thing that was brought up in a few threads:

Even if a thread is marked [spoilers], that only applies to the things that are related to the topic. Posting spoilers for other things that aren't related to the topic, but for some reason are being discussed, in spoiler tags is generally a good idea.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby ayadew » October 21st, 2008, 3:25 pm

Maes wrote:Another thing that was brought up in a few threads:

Even if a thread is marked [spoilers], that only applies to the things that are related to the topic. Posting spoilers for other things that aren't related to the topic, but for some reason are being discussed, in spoiler tags is generally a good idea.

It's the exact same thing I wrote just above you.
The instant I tear off your limbs, rip open your chest and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you ask for mercy, chewing through your eyes and spreading your brains on the ground like butter-------!
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » October 22nd, 2008, 5:45 am

Ah, if that's what you meant then yes.

Return to Announcements