Forums Back!

Moderator: Staffers

Forums Back!

Unread postby Daichi » January 4th, 2005, 8:46 am

Sorry for taking so long everyone, we got a new temporary home for the board. Everything has been recovered, although you might find that your skin has been changed, just go back into your profile settings and set it back to what it used to be.
Daichi
Mazin Go!

Unread postby TheXev » January 4th, 2005, 8:57 am

I few things remain to be done now that the forum is up on the new server:
1) We need to repoint all of the internal links to forum post to their new URL
2) We need to repoint all of the links from the revolve website to the new forum.
3) Replace board logo with the new one that Azn has been working on

We?ll try and get this done within the next few days?
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Starscream » January 10th, 2005, 1:36 pm

It's good to see it's back, I thought that with the departure of Soulfang and the hacked boards Revolve might give up or something.
Starscream
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » January 10th, 2005, 9:13 pm

*shudders at the thought*

Seriously though, I wouldn't think they'd translate half of Tsukihime to just give up because their forum host was h4x0red. :D

BTW, I heard there was this serious bug in phpBB versions under 2.0.11. Apparently there is a script that does not pass parameters correctly, which people can exploit to execute commands and/or deface the website. I figure that's what happened to Kittyloaf as well, but I see this place is using version 11 so we should be alright.

Unread postby TheXev » January 11th, 2005, 7:37 am

Well, part of the phpBB exploit involves an old version of php being installed on the web server. From what kittyloaf's admin has told me, he has been unable to reach his server's operator in order to have them perform a php update to the system (hence why they are still mostly offline). This new server we are hosted on has the newest version of php, and it doesn't contain the exploit.

At the very least, we would have built a new forum and given up on the reviving the old forums, dropping projects that are moving would have been completely out of the question, as most do not use the forum for actually translation (just the discussion of).
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Return to Announcements